Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIRST LOOK: 2024 Jeep® Wagoneer S Launch Edition​

Our Best Look Yet, At The All-New, All-Electric Wagoneer S...​

1720208035699.png

The all-new, all-electric 2024 Jeep® Wagoneer S made its first public appearance last weekend at the PGA Tour’s Rocket Mortgage Classic in Detroit. This marked a significant moment for Jeep, as the Wagoneer S is the brand’s first global all-electric SUV and the first time the Wagoneer nameplate has been used on a midsize SUV since 1990. Prior to this event, the Wagoneer S was unveiled privately in New York City to a select group, including some social media personalities.

bill burke

Reaction score
Like the idea of a midsize Wagoneer and the exclusivity of the Wagoneer as an upscale Jeep. Don’t like the all electric power train, a sure losing strategy.
Not impressed with exterior styling, another bland offering from Jeep. Seems their design studio is stuck in a flat side panel uninspiring mindset. Hybrid option would help. A more stylish and bold Cherokee spin off might recoup developmental costs for the S. Let’s hope the Jeep stylists get something interesting for this segment with the Cherokee or things will continue to slide at Jeep. Recon could disappoint also with an all electric strategy. Concerned.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
The headlining statement in this article is that Stellantis is "considering" using a hybrid powertrain option. If this is going on the STLA large platform a 2.0L 4Xe hybrid should be the base engine and the two Hurricane engines should be what actually powers this thing with the EV option as a low-production limited edition option, something that won't really be taken seriously so that when it doesn't sell (because it won't) stellantis won't experience a huge loss. This should get an SRT Version with a Hurricane HO hybrid pushing over 760hp, same as everything else on the STLA Large platform and every single STLA Large Platform vehicle needs Direct Connection Stage 1 & 2 packages for their ICE and hybrid variants. Keep that full electric nonsense for Europe and everywhere else. We, the people dont want that! Nothing wrong with the designs, just the electric powertrains.

AlexB

Reaction score
The headlining statement in this article is that Stellantis is "considering" using a hybrid powertrain option. If this is going on the STLA large platform a 2.0L 4Xe hybrid should be the base engine and the two Hurricane engines should be what actually powers this thing with the EV option as a low-production limited edition option, something that won't really be taken seriously so that when it doesn't sell (because it won't) stellantis won't experience a huge loss. This should get an SRT Version with a Hurricane HO hybrid pushing over 760hp, same as everything else on the STLA Large platform and every single STLA Large Platform vehicle needs Direct Connection Stage 1 & 2 packages for their ICE and hybrid variants. Keep that full electric nonsense for Europe and everywhere else. We, the people dont want that! Nothing wrong with the designs, just the electric powertrains.
You don't rep CARB states....every year we get close to 2035... and the Northeast is Jeep's biggest area of sales.

This model isn't design for massive sales.

rogpeck2002

Reaction score

FIRST LOOK: 2024 Jeep® Wagoneer S Launch Edition​

Our Best Look Yet, At The All-New, All-Electric Wagoneer S...​

View attachment 9710

The all-new, all-electric 2024 Jeep® Wagoneer S made its first public appearance last weekend at the PGA Tour’s Rocket Mortgage Classic in Detroit. This marked a significant moment for Jeep, as the Wagoneer S is the brand’s first global all-electric SUV and the first time the Wagoneer nameplate has been used on a midsize SUV since 1990. Prior to this event, the Wagoneer S was unveiled privately in New York City to a select group, including some social media personalities.

I purchased my Wagoneer S2 despite its numerous trips to the service department I'll buy another because of its size and seating and comfort. I currently get 580 miles to a tank on the highway and if EV with a range of 300 miles is my only option for another Wagoneer, I'll be looking at other models for our next vehicle

bill burke

Reaction score
What seems to be emerging is a common general opinion that the Wagoneer S has some strong points on size, luxury appointments and the Wagoneer sub brand appeal working for it, but the power train limitation is a no go for many. Sadly it seems Jeep, Chrysler and Dodge are beating a dead horse and investing valuable dollars that could have been spent on better electronics that have proven unreliable instead of, let’s say, electric airplanes.
One might think this is a science fiction movie playing out in a fantasy world conceived by the deranged. Sadly this movie is real and Stellantis is in the director.’s chair and it’s a film production that no one is going to the box office to pay to watch. Lights, camera,....cut!

Mike201

Reaction score
What seems to be emerging is a common general opinion that the Wagoneer S has some strong points on size, luxury appointments and the Wagoneer sub brand appeal working for it, but the power train limitation is a no go for many. Sadly it seems Jeep, Chrysler and Dodge are beating a dead horse and investing valuable dollars that could have been spent on better electronics that have proven unreliable instead of, let’s say, electric airplanes.
One might think this is a science fiction movie playing out in a fantasy world conceived by the deranged. Sadly this movie is real and Stellantis is in the director.’s chair and it’s a film production that no one is going to the box office to pay to watch. Lights, camera,....cut!
To play on your logic, it’s a B movie or a movie going straight to Netflix. This isn’t going to work, I I would bet the farm the US government will be changing the 2035 date to 20-never!

cygnus

Reaction score
The Hornet is happy to be able to finally lose the ignominious label of worst selling STLA vehicle.

cygnus

Reaction score

They’re going to be three years late with the 3L PHEV. I am hearing late calendar 2026 for the 2027 Durango replacement. Followed by the 2028 Grand Cherokee replacement.

Tavares cries about suppliers - good, go make an eight speed transmission to replace ZF.

This transmission, something to replace the ZF, should have been priority number one. Stop everything you're doing and get this done.

Instead they wasted BILLIONS on EVs that are going to absolutely flop.

The Wagoneer S and Recon are DOA.

AlexB

Reaction score
To play on your logic, it’s a B movie or a movie going straight to Netflix. This isn’t going to work, I I would bet the farm the US government will be changing the 2035 date to 20-never!
80's want his logic back.
Can't doing anything about CARB 2035, Jeep's largest market:the Northeast.

bill burke

Reaction score
I’d bet the film studio on that much anticipated government change in November. Can not come too soon. Academy Award for that story line.

AlexB

Reaction score
I’d bet the film studio on that much anticipated government change in November. Can not come too soon. Academy Award for that story line.
"States Rights (2035)"
Can't do nothing about the Northeast.
The Law is not a movie, getting fined isn't movie.

Mike201

Reaction score
80's want his logic back.
Can't doing anything about CARB 2035, Jeep's largest market:the Northeast.
Really, that date can’t be changed? Funny you must of forgot January 6. If a couple thousand people did something that stupid over an election, try taking their RIGHTS away for their freedom to buy a car that they want. I am not saying riots will take place but a major non spending for a EV can take place over a period of time and kill the auto industry as we know and cause a serious economic problem for this country.
As for the Northeast, I live in CT and out of protest here our Governor pulled the plug on the mandated California law we adopted on the EV’s. Tax payers won, even in this very liberal state. So don’t count the 2035 as an end all to sale gas engines. I expect this issue will explode as it gets closer!

AlexB

Reaction score
Really, that date can’t be changed? Funny you must of forgot January 6. If a couple thousand people did something that stupid over an election, try taking their RIGHTS away for their freedom to buy a car that they want. I am not saying riots will take place but a major non spending for a EV can take place over a period of time and kill the auto industry as we know and cause a serious economic problem for this country.
As for the Northeast, I live in CT and out of protest here our Governor pulled the plug on the mandated California law we adopted on the EV’s. Tax payers won, even in this very liberal state. So don’t count the 2035 as an end all to sale gas engines. I expect this issue will explode as it gets closer!
NY & NJ keep voting a certain way, until the ballot box changes in those states, 2035 keeps getting closer.

AlexB

Reaction score
Who was the California politician that signed off on the law which created the CARB in the first place?
Nixon and Reagan signed & lobbied.
Stellantis and Ford have agreements with CARB that respects the 2035 date in those states.

TripleT

Reaction score
Folks it not 35' its 28" .... 35 is pure bans. The punitive taxes begin, and unless there is a massive change in CARB state politics there is no turning back.

The hope they change their minds when they are perfectly fine with no car sales and everyone on PT is not a business plane.

AlexB

Reaction score
Folks it not 35' its 28" .... 35 is pure bans. The punitive taxes begin, and unless there is a massive change in CARB state politics there is no turning back.

The hope they change their minds when they are perfectly fine with no car sales and everyone on PT is not a business plane.
Some act tribalism about EV's here, but the sales fact is significant amount of Jeep sales% are from CARB/CARB-friendly states.
Stellantis is penalty & fine avoidance.

Users who are viewing this thread