What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIRST LOOK: 2024 Jeep® Wagoneer S Launch Edition

FIRST LOOK: 2024 Jeep® Wagoneer S Launch Edition​

Our Best Look Yet, At The All-New, All-Electric Wagoneer S...​

1720208035699.png

The all-new, all-electric 2024 Jeep® Wagoneer S made its first public appearance last weekend at the PGA Tour’s Rocket Mortgage Classic in Detroit. This marked a significant moment for Jeep, as the Wagoneer S is the brand’s first global all-electric SUV and the first time the Wagoneer nameplate has been used on a midsize SUV since 1990. Prior to this event, the Wagoneer S was unveiled privately in New York City to a select group, including some social media personalities.

Some act tribalism about EV's here, but the sales fact is significant amount of Jeep sales% are from CARB/CARB-friendly states.
Stellantis is penalty & fine avoidance.
As they should... the point of the Punitive fines is to stop ICE sales without an outright ban, once that revenue comes in the ban may never happen, but ICE purchases will be limited to those who can afford that high price of that LUXURY of fines. What I will need to look at is out of state registrations, is there a loophole or will people moving in be required to pay the Tax.

I am a Rand Paul/Thomas Massie/Ted Cruz Constitutionalist and I get it..... Part of the Federalism is giving state that authority run their own experiments whether I agree or not. The reality is to do business practically by 28' with half the population you need an EV to sell. Like you said the NE and California are both Key markets.

I get some don't like it, I don't like but I am not the target consumer.

I can tell you I do love my PHEVs and I am a old school muscle car guy.... I also love Level 2 automation. Both I was skeptical about.

The Wagoneer S could go down as one of the greatest automotive flops in US history. Couple thousand units sold annually at best. What a waste!

They’re going to be three years late with the 3L PHEV. I am hearing late calendar 2026 for the 2027 Durango replacement. Followed by the 2028 Grand Cherokee replacement.

Tavares cries about suppliers - good, go make an eight speed transmission to replace ZF.

This transmission, something to replace the ZF, should have been priority number one. Stop everything you're doing and get this done.

Instead they wasted BILLIONS on EVs that are going to absolutely flop.

The Wagoneer S and Recon are DOA.
They should stick with ZF.
The last time Chrysler did their own transmission, we ended up the 545/65/66/68RFE

The Wagoneer S could go down as one of the greatest automotive flops in US history. Couple thousand units sold annually at best. What a waste!
bahahaha the person joined to make the point I made on another page.

Co-developed between the Charger (drivetrain) and KM body and stampings. Tooled to produce 10K annually.

When it sells 9800 the peanut gallary will call it the greatest flop ever. :D :D :D

bahahaha the person joined to make the point I made on another page.

Co-developed between the Charger (drivetrain) and KM body and stampings. Tooled to produce 10K annually.

When it sells 9800 the peanut gallary will call it the greatest flop ever. :D :D :D

10,000 units per year and the combined Opportunity Cost of occupying plant capacity with this and the Recon, with total program costs shared between the two are at least over $2 billion. You're damn right 10K vehicles a year is a flop.

Maybe the largest and most profitable automaker in the world knew a thing or two by going all in on mild & plug-in hybrid and said - to hell with EVs, we'll just pay the fines.

10,000 made in Mexico with $90,000 Average price can be quite profitable.
Add in 80,000 Cherokee's for an average price of $43,000 (base price $37,000).

Depending on the Margins at capacity more Revenue will be made with the S then the Cherokee...

Decades of trying to explain Capacity here and another Forum ALL moPAR people used to frequent, spent a long phone call with Dave Z trying to help him understand. For that matter margin.

Just better to let it be.

Last edited:
Back