Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIAT Chrysler to report 2020 Q3 earnings Oct,28

TripleT

Reaction score
That's just ridiculous. FCA had to react to the deluge of electrified pick-ups that are arriving to the market or they would die. A PHEV 1500 would be an excellent vehicle.
And I agree with TripleT. On the other forum they are bitter because there's no new Chrysler/Dodge products. I understand where they're coming because that's the same situation for all the brands in Europe. But they put the blame on the european side of FCA when those decisions are made by the NAFTA leadership.

I don't blame LATAM for EMEA not getting new Fiats. I know that the decision to not launch new vehicles is done by the EMEA leadership.
The Allparians blame everyone but the consumer. Chrysler got new products. People didn't want to pay for them. Same is happen in Europe trends toward SUVs and CUVs. The Allparians would have you believe that if slapped a Chrysler on a Jeep the product would be a success. It simply not true. The transaction price would be significantly lower. What has happen has been a consume shift toward tall more space efficient products. Chrysler with it history of badge and content engineered products ends up without a chair in a market favoring trucks in a SubBranded organized company (vs say a Ford). The job of the corporate people is run a maximized profitable company, Not appease a miniature subset of fanatic consumers who remember a company always on the brink of bankruptcy. fighting as a underdog selling vehicles a negative or low margins to produce cash flow. most of these people are Kia buyers now despite their tendency toward xenophobia.

The command to eliminate redundant models and the consumer shift is the source of discontent, but no one wants to believe they are in such a small minority. The world has moved on from the 90s.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
They're in denial that FCA does not do calculations on the real size of the market and the size of the margin a Chrysler product would command.
And they believe it's the "italians" fault. I mean, even Ford and Chevy left the midsize and compact sedan/hatchbacl markets. Could they release some compact or midsize SUV with those brands? Maybe.
Although IMO, it would be preferable to release it as Dodge. Dodge has a positive image near the consumer thanks to the Charger and Challenger and the Hellcat engines.

Users who are viewing this thread