Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Still Can’t Come Up With A Sound For The New Charger Daytona

While Dodge revealed its all-new, all-electric Dodge Charger Daytona earlier this week, the American performance won’t be silently sneaking onto the streets. Instead, Dodge continues to boast about the patent-pending ‘Fratzonic Chambered Exhaust’ system to ensure that their electric Charger roars with the attitude of a HEMI® V8 engine. However, the catch is that nobody knows what it will sound like yet. During the press reveal, Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis spilled the beans, admitting that the debate on the Charger’s sonic identity is still ongoing. “We’ve changed it 100 times,” Kuniskis confessed, shedding light on Dodge’s meticulous process to find … (read full article...)

tempImageR5uREg.png

maross600

Reaction score
maybe no sound, it’s electric. maybe leave it as is or add a movie type electric sound. the create a new v8, make it lower displacement with boosted tech and that could be electric, turbo, supercharger, or a combo. do that and you are ahead of the game, then put it in rams because i bought a 24 and traded a 19 with 26,000 miles because the v8 is leaving. i don’t want to look elsewhere, but i likely will next time to get another v8.

TripleT

Reaction score
maybe no sound, it’s electric. maybe leave it as is or add a movie type electric sound. the create a new v8, make it lower displacement with boosted tech and that could be electric, turbo, supercharger, or a combo. do that and you are ahead of the game, then put it in rams because i bought a 24 and traded a 19 with 26,000 miles because the v8 is leaving. i don’t want to look elsewhere, but i likely will next time to get another v8.
Welcome and QUIT.... The V8 was old, reached its max potential. Had a massive fine, that will continue to escalate to punitive especially in CARB states. The Hurricane is better in every way except exhaust note. You make your buying decision on exhaust note... then ok have at it. But Mopar has gotten along just fine in the HD market with straight 6 DI turbo engines. The engine you described already existed as a corporate cousin, and it too had less potential than the new Hurricane, There is a great article that explains why, has to do with balance, wave pressure to the turbos, and room to secure the heads... .notice I said head not heads.

TripleT

Reaction score
Open source it and let the market place build a library.

JohnRogers

Reaction score
The fake exhaust is a new malaise era gimmick perfect for this new malaise era.

TripleT

Reaction score
NO,
it Mopar trying to deal with the regulatory realities while still including much of what is visceral in the muscle car experience.

It's not going to be slower; the range is going to be less, it is not less attractive. It's not the 76' experience in any way.

Would it be better if they just don't try? Just give in to the Appliance era. At some level people have to appreciate that they are working hard to include the Haptic and audio sensations of a Muscle car, versus pure lightning fast Appliances from Lucid and Tesla.

Continuing to complain about the hand they have been delivered by 18 of your brothers State Governments is unproductive. They did not make the decision, they are just dealing with it.

bill burke

Reaction score
NO,
it Mopar trying to deal with the regulatory realities while still including much of what is visceral in the muscle car experience.

It's not going to be slower; the range is going to be less, it is not less attractive. It's not the 76' experience in any way.

Would it be better if they just don't try? Just give in to the Appliance era. At some level people have to appreciate that they are working hard to include the Haptic and audio sensations of a Muscle car, versus pure lightning fast Appliances from Lucid and Tesla.

Continuing to complain about the hand they have been delivered by 18 of your brothers State Governments is unproductive. They did not make the decision, they are just dealing with it.
Commented elsewhere on my Eagle Talon TSI/ AWD that was a blast to race and drive. It’s exhaust note, certainly not a Hemi V-8, was different but enjoyable and communicated to this hot rod addict a clear sound of performance. Never gave it a thought nor will the next generation of Dodge buyers, young, old and in between who will enjoy the thrill of a fast car that looks the part. I’m keeping my Hemi Challenger, I too love it’s exhaust, but there is room for a new note in my life as it will be for many others. Agree, time to let it go and move on, the hot rod music lives if you will only listen. So does the fun.

JohnRogers

Reaction score
NO,

Meh, just give it the beep-beep of a box truck backing up. Don't get me started on CARB.

scatpack_69

Reaction score
Welcome and QUIT.... The V8 was old, reached its max potential. Had a massive fine, that will continue to escalate to punitive especially in CARB states. The Hurricane is better in every way except exhaust note. You make your buying decision on exhaust note... then ok have at it. But Mopar has gotten along just fine in the HD market with straight 6 DI turbo engines. The engine you described already existed as a corporate cousin, and it too had less potential than the new Hurricane, There is a great article that explains why, has to do with balance, wave pressure to the turbos, and room to secure the heads... .notice I said head not heads.
I think it’s pretty unfair to tell people to QUIT. We’re NOT GOING TO QUIT. Maybe you don’t, but many of us WANT a V8.

Leave people be, we get to have our opinions and while we, including me, may acknowledge the I6 may (MAY) be a better option and certainly kills the V8 in power, it doesn’t mean we willingly accept the demise of a long-standing staple in pickups.

So you QUIT

TripleT

Reaction score
I think it’s pretty unfair to tell people to QUIT. We’re NOT GOING TO QUIT. Maybe you don’t, but many of us WANT a V8.

Leave people be, we get to have our opinions and while we, including me, may acknowledge the I6 may (MAY) be a better option and certainly kills the V8 in power, it doesn’t mean we willingly accept the demise of a long-standing staple in pickups.

So you QUIT
So funny when people complain about people complaining about them complaining.

I get that new is scary, but if your saying if your not buying a Mopr unless it a heavily fined, more complex, less durable, heavier, less efficient, less powerful, less HP….

Then i am not too sympathetic.

Your first post is make what I want or I’ll take my ball and go home …. You really joined just to say fhat when you be better of addressing that with your Government

scatpack_69

Reaction score
I don’t know why you fell like talking out of your ass, but your last sentence about me joining is wholly off base.

Oh, by the way, the Hemi is not more complex than a twin turbo inline 6. That’s words of a fool. And less durable? The damn Hurricane doesn’t have anywhere near the track record of the Hemi, so you’re premature. Settle down big boy

TripleT

Reaction score
I don’t know why you fell like talking out of your ass, but your last sentence about me joining is wholly off base.

Oh, by the way, the Hemi is not more complex than a twin turbo inline 6. That’s words of a fool. And less durable? The damn Hurricane doesn’t have anywhere near the track record of the Hemi, so you’re premature. Settle down big boy
You are actually trying to make the argument that a V configuration engine is less complex the straight inline engine…. Yes the new engine tick tick tick does not have the same record a 2 decade old engine …. Brilliant….

Next you will say is that a V8 is smoother….

Funny funny your literal first post was if they don’t keep making something they are not or a new version of something they are you moving on.

AlexB

Reaction score

So you QUIT
Quit......because the Chrysler business under FIAT now Stellantis Doesn't Make product decision base on selling & selling all things to all people. Financial sense of the financial objectives has to be made: the post-bankruptcy version of Mopar under John Elkann as the largest investor+board room ruling isn't going pay a massive fine on so you can have HEMI.

TripleT

Reaction score
If one wants one there are plenty to buy, Nothing to do with the EV external sound system.

Pretty cool that Ram is getting even more power than Apache powerplant

Edward Moore

Reaction score
So funny when people complain about people complaining about them complaining.

I get that new is scary, but if your saying if your not buying a Mopr unless it a heavily fined, more complex, less durable, heavier, less efficient, less powerful, less HP….

Then i am not too sympathetic.

Your first post is make what I want or I’ll take my ball and go home …. You really joined just to say fhat when you be better of addressing that with your Government
My opinion is personally I'm not bending over for a ev or turbo 6 cylinder. Not knocking it but I've been a v8 guy all of my life and I'm 48 years old so it's been awhile. It's a personal preference for me I just think instead of giving up dependability for all v8 engines in the same year isn't the right way to go. It's like offering kool-aid and no sugar and saying this is what you get deal with it. They could have left some options open to ween people off the hemi. And as far as the exhaust goes. Make multiple so you can download it like a ring tone.

TripleT

Reaction score
My opinion is personally I'm not bending over for a ev or turbo 6 cylinder. Not knocking it but I've been a v8 guy all of my life and I'm 48 years old so it's been awhile. It's a personal preference for me I just think instead of giving up dependability for all v8 engines in the same year isn't the right way to go. It's like offering kool-aid and no sugar and saying this is what you get deal with it. They could have left some options open to ween people off the hemi. And as far as the exhaust goes. Make multiple so you can download it like a ring tone.
Here the deal and please don't take is personal.

If your very first post. Is to say, that my personal preference (REGARDLESS of all the Measurables) is something that the company moving forward is not offering, Not accusing you personally, it comes of Trolling.

Whatever the intent, joining the forum simple to complain.... MY BALL GO HOME. Join the brand that will offer what you want even if it small numbers and extremely expensive. Which Mopar could have done but realized the resources for certification and production have no ROI.

The Straight 6 is not old its ancient (just a new version), the Gen 3 Hemi (not a Hemi) has had a 20 year run. That is plenty of ween time and its not like people haven't been warned .... LAST CALL has lasted 5 years, all the architectures have been running around gathering age way past normal. There are plenty of New RAMs sitting on lot with the older More fragile (they know from bench testing), more complicated (2 straight engines grafted together), lower HP, Lower Torque, Heavier, thirstier, less smooth, I am betting just from the SKUs more expensive, and HEAVILY FINED engine for people to gather up if their preference is to have the older inferior powerplant. DONT POST, GO BUY NOW.

As for the sound open source it and start a store.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
As I've posted elsewhere, If they want to keep the whole look, SOUND, and drive like a dodge MOTIF, obviously the V8 sound isn't going to cut it for an EV. However, the Viper V10 has more of a buzzing howl that would be a better "sampler" for the Fratzonic chamber's sound profile. Blend that with the snarling gargle of the SRT4 Neon ACR and now it sounds like a Dodge problem solved

RLH

Reaction score
Dodge gave up the ICE and the V8. Don't try to be a cheap knockoff clinging to the sound. Let the EV stand on it's own and sale it to the 7% of the US consumers buying EV's. See the "Beyond Meat" business model and deal with the reduced market share.

AlexB

Reaction score
Dodge gave up the ICE and the V8. Don't try to be a cheap knockoff clinging to the sound. Let the EV stand on its own and sale it to the 7% of the US consumers buying EV's. See the "Beyond Meat" business model and deal with the reduced market share.
I6 isn't giving on ICE. That's a stupid thing to post.
See big Tobacco for fines, stand on that, Stellantis won't pay a BILLIONS fines for your stupid HEMI.

scatpack_69

Reaction score
You are actually trying to make the argument that a V configuration engine is less complex the straight inline engine…. Yes the new engine tick tick tick does not have the same record a 2 decade old engine …. Brilliant….

Next you will say is that a V8 is smoother….

Funny funny your literal first post was if they don’t keep making something they are not or a new version of something they are you moving on.
It’s not an argument genius, it’s a goddamn fact. Sorry Mr know it all, you don’t know diddly.

I remember you from the old Allpar days and you ran around like your **** didn’t stink there either. Truth is a cruel b……

A pushrod V8 is about as simple an engine as you can get. A DOHC twin turbo with all that that brings is fairly complex.

You lost. Again. Get over yourself

Users who are viewing this thread