Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Still Can’t Come Up With A Sound For The New Charger Daytona

While Dodge revealed its all-new, all-electric Dodge Charger Daytona earlier this week, the American performance won’t be silently sneaking onto the streets. Instead, Dodge continues to boast about the patent-pending ‘Fratzonic Chambered Exhaust’ system to ensure that their electric Charger roars with the attitude of a HEMI® V8 engine. However, the catch is that nobody knows what it will sound like yet. During the press reveal, Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis spilled the beans, admitting that the debate on the Charger’s sonic identity is still ongoing. “We’ve changed it 100 times,” Kuniskis confessed, shedding light on Dodge’s meticulous process to find … (read full article...)

tempImageR5uREg.png

AlexB

Reaction score
It’s not an argument genius, it’s a goddamn fact. Sorry Mr know it all, you don’t know diddly.

I remember you from the old Allpar days and you ran around like your **** didn’t stink there either. Truth is a cruel b……

A pushrod V8 is about as simple an engine as you can get. A DOHC twin turbo with all that that brings is fairly complex.

You lost. Again. Get over yourselfY
You lost... you can scream like a dumb website senior crybaby all you want... HEMI is outdated & needs a complete rebuild to gain any meaningful increase that still wouldn't be enough Stellantis AIN't spending money on that.

scatpack_69

Reaction score
You lost... you can scream like a dumb website senior crybaby all you want... HEMI is outdated & needs a complete rebuild to gain any meaningful increase that still wouldn't be enough Stellantis AIN't spending money on that.
And who are you? Triple T have a duplicate account or you’re his special little friend?

You’ve told me to quit (just like him) and then tell me I lost. Except….i haven’t. The notion that a pushrod V8 is somehow more complicated than a DOHC twin turbo direct injected 6 is absolutely laughable. You guys are absolutely clueless.

Why don’t the two of you stop fondling each other on here, grab a book (would work you two knuckleheads wonders) and come back and have a relevant discussion, other than telling us to quit with our opinion and accept it?

I know, I know, asking a lot from a couple blowhard egomaniacs.

And we still want a Hemi. You two will never change that, ever, and we’re going to continue to comment on it. Yea, it’s dead, got it, but we still want it. Capisce?

AlexB

Reaction score
And who are you? Triple T have a duplicate account or you’re his special little friend?

You’ve told me to quit (just like him) and then tell me I lost. Except….i haven’t. The notion that a pushrod V8 is somehow more complicated than a DOHC twin turbo direct injected 6 is absolutely laughable. You guys are absolutely clueless.

Why don’t the two of you stop fondling each other on here, grab a book (would work you two knuckleheads wonders) and come back and have a relevant discussion, other than telling us to quit with our opinion and accept it?

I know, I know, asking a lot from a couple blowhard egomaniacs.

And we still want a Hemi. You two will never change that, ever, and we’re going to continue to comment on it. Yea, it’s dead, got it, but we still want it. Capisce?
If you actually could read instead being a backwards pebble, you would gasp the intensive automotive regulation on both Federal and State level. But unfortunately you lack the mental capacity to get it, so you with your HEMI will just have to both Beat It as Stellantis won't waste money on fines to keep you happy.

TripleT

Reaction score
If you actually could read instead being a backwards pebble, you would gasp the intensive automotive regulation on both Federal and State level. But unfortunately you lack the mental capacity to get it, so you with your HEMI will just have to both Beat It as Stellantis won't waste money on fines to keep you happy.
You’re wasting your time with someone who just joined to troll. No actual thinking person would argue that two straight engines grafted together with split heads and all the connecting mechanisms is less complex the 2 cylinders added to the end. There is an entire automotive history countering that, the V engine configuration was about packaging not power or durability. Then accusing two long term members of forum fraud . Funny stuff

I actually loved my Apache, RIP

But also love new a fast stuff.

There are plenty of Hemi sitting on lots and will be available for decades at DC.

Meanwhile …… real world moves on

Last edited:

patfromigh

Reaction score
... intensive automotive regulation on both Federal and State level.
As well as local.:eek: Large city administrations are threatening to implement low or zero emissions zones. Some European cities already have done so. NYC has a proposal under consideration, but that city government is presently preoccupied with other issues.

scatpack_69

Reaction score
Irrelevant. You two dipshits are sitting here telling grown ass men to quit. Quit having an opinion, quit voicing opinion, just quit. The audacity of you two to do so is…..my god. Well no, we’re not going to. Well aware of regulations, that’s not the goddamn point.

We wish the Hemi still lived. Easy as that. Yet we have two dingleberries telling us to quit. That’s the problem. And the two of you are too stupid to figure that out.

scatpack_69

Reaction score
You’re wasting your time with someone who just joined to troll. No actual thinking person would argue that two straight engines grafted together with split heads and all the connecting mechanisms is less complex the 2 cylinders added to the end. There is an entire automotive history countering that, the V engine configuration was about packaging not power or durability. Then accusing two long term members of forum fraud . Funny stuff

There are plenty of Hemi sitting on lots and will be available for decades at DC.

And another swing and a miss. As expected. I’ve been here since the beginning, I chose not to post, far from a newbie pal. That’s your only argument and it’s pitiful. Like I said, I remember you from Allpar…..

Still want a Hemi

scatpack_69

Reaction score

And, while I’m thinking about it…

Every post you get dumber and dumber. An entire automotive history says inline 6 is less complex than V8? Ok but…..those were never twin turbo, dual overhead cam, direct injected sixes. Fail.

A V8 was never about power? That might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever read anyone post on the internet, ever. And there’s billions of stupid things online….back to your automotive history comment. You have literally from the beginning of automobiles to prove that V8’s have ALWAYS been about power. Period. Always have, always will. Can you slap a spinny thing or two on something smaller and make more power? Sure. But you can do the same to a V8 and make even more power.

But, the inline 6 isn’t for power. It has to make power to convince us to want one. Without turbos, that thing is a turd and all of us would really be screaming for a Hemi. It’s about fuel economy numbers and emissions, that’s it. So in testing, they can get x CAFE number and y tailpipe emissions to appease the gov. In real world use, these will get less fuel economy than the Hemi and marginally better on a cruise than the Hemi. Because when the boost goes up, the fuel goes up.

And since doofus an and doofus b can only comment on regulations, had they actually made things over the last decade and a half that actually got decent fuel economy, we may be having different discussions. My dad’s ‘99 Avalon V6 got about 10mpg better than our 2012 300. They killed Dart/200 and shouldn’t have.

And again, we want Hemis.

Mopar392

Reaction score
@scatpack_69 Stop with the personal insult and behave like a normal human being.

Most of us here either had HEMI powered cars at some point, or currently still has, and some of us are also tuning their HEMIs for whatever reason.

That asides, the business case and the regulations are against the HEMI. Not Traves, Tim or Stellantis.

On papers and even on the current limited offerings, the Hurricane trumps the HEMI 5.7 and 6.4.

Mopar and DC are still offering crate HEMIs in any flavor you want.
And if you know your stuffs around cars, not being to buy a HEMI out of the showroom floor, won’t stop you from dropping a HEMI in the car.

AlexB

Reaction score
And, while I’m thinking about it…

Every post you get dumber and dumber. An entire automotive history says inline 6 is less complex than V8? Ok but…..those were never twin turbo, dual overhead cam, direct injected sixes. Fail.

A V8 was never about power? That might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever read anyone post on the internet, ever. And there’s billions of stupid things online….back to your automotive history comment. You have literally from the beginning of automobiles to prove that V8’s have ALWAYS been about power. Period. Always have, always will. Can you slap a spinny thing or two on something smaller and make more power? Sure. But you can do the same to a V8 and make even more power.

But, the inline 6 isn’t for power. It has to make power to convince us to want one. Without turbos, that thing is a turd and all of us would really be screaming for a Hemi. It’s about fuel economy numbers and emissions, that’s it. So in testing, they can get x CAFE number and y tailpipe emissions to appease the gov. In real world use, these will get less fuel economy than the Hemi and marginally better on a cruise than the Hemi. Because when the boost goes up, the fuel goes up.

And since doofus an and doofus b can only comment on regulations, had they actually made things over the last decade and a half that actually got decent fuel economy, we may be having different discussions. My dad’s ‘99 Avalon V6 got about 10mpg better than our 2012 300. They killed Dart/200 and shouldn’t have.

And again, we want Hemis.
Surprise you left out V8's historically being about torque but oh well.
Just like you leaving out that the HEMI would have to be rebuilt from scratch into something very different from today's HEMI, and still would have issues regarding standards into 2030's.
That's a VERY POOR USE of Shareholder capital even when Stellantis has $50 Billion cash sitting around(less than a 100 companies on the plant have such cash balance).
John/Sergio got rid of the loss making Dart-200 and never will look back....unless you going try to sell us this site that 3%-6% margins is more money than 13%-17%.

TripleT

Reaction score
No V8 are not historically more per liter than straight engines, and certainly not more than Straight 8s but those didn’t fit under the bonnet of a Ford or most cars of that era with straight 4 . But had Ford had any courage he could have crushed it by copying Offy.

BWS1

Reaction score
So funny when people complain about people complaining about them complaining.

I get that new is scary, but if your saying if your not buying a Mopr unless it a heavily fined, more complex, less durable, heavier, less efficient, less powerful, less HP….

Then i am not too sympathetic.

Your first post is make what I want or I’ll take my ball and go home …. You really joined just to say fhat when you be better of addressing that with your Government
Less durable?? That would be pure speculation at this point. And careful arguing that the single looong straight six head has durability advantages. They are inherently more difficult and tedious to seal properly and keep sealed versus a shorter row of cyl .

TripleT

Reaction score
Less durable?? That would be pure speculation at this point. And careful arguing that the single looong straight six head has durability advantages. They are inherently more difficult and tedious to seal properly and keep sealed versus a shorter row of cyl .
If you all don’t think they bench marketed the current engine along side you all don’t understand the development process. For sure the room for securing the head is unquestionable.

Is there manufacturering and material errors to be made? Of course but as for a more durable design it unquestionable simply from simplicity

BWS1

Reaction score
If you all don’t think they bench marketed the current engine along side you all don’t understand the development process. For sure the room for securing the head is unquestionable.

Is there manufacturering and material errors to be made? Of course but as for a more durable design it unquestionable simply from simplicity
I’m simply talking about the tendencies of a long head row, such as a straight six being harder to seal and meet tolerances versus a shorter four or three pot design, V engine or not . It is undeniable. Go ask any engineer worth his salt. Better yet go ask any mechanic who has rebuilt a few. I don’t care who makes it, Stella bmw Cummins cat Deere, they all have inherent tendencies to be harder to keep heads and manifolds sealed under high heat. Straight sixes They also have great qualities to be sure. But you stated the hurricane are just out the box more durable. We don’t know that yet. Won’t for a while . Hope they are for sure !

TripleT

Reaction score
Again besides age, manufacturing, and material variations they already know it is, because it is benchmarked against the existing solutions.

BWS1

Reaction score
Again besides age, manufacturing, and material variations they already know it is, because it is benchmarked against the existing solutions.
Right, other than the three main factors that affect durability, “they” already know this engine is more durable . Once again you are so locked into your own argument that you don’t make sense. Think for a minute about what you are saying. Besides age, they know this engine is more durable than x. That is a contradictory statement in itself. But to support your durability cause, I will say this. The thing should be durable considering they spent more time bringing it to market than most manufacturers spend developing a whole new vehicle . We’ve heard about this engine for what five six years. It darn sure should be well sorted out and durable. Engine should have been installed in vehicles years ago and cut Tesla off their pacifier.

Mopar392

Reaction score
I think people are confusing durability with reliability.

A quick Google search to highlight the difference:

Durability is “the ability of an item to perform its required function under stated conditions of preventative or corrective maintenance until a limiting state is achieved”. Reliability is “the ability of an item to perform a required function under specified conditions over a period of time”.

TripleT

Reaction score
Material and manufacturing errors are equally as likely with both power plants at any given stratch of time design and engineering is not.

scatpack_69

Reaction score
There’s an entire history of “benchmarked” garbage that has been produced. My god, take some more gulps of kool aid guy. Wow

scatpack_69

Reaction score
Surprise you left out V8's historically being about torque but oh well.
Just like you leaving out that the HEMI would have to be rebuilt from scratch into something very different from today's HEMI, and still would have issues regarding standards into 2030's.
That's a VERY POOR USE of Shareholder capital even when Stellantis has $50 Billion cash sitting around(less than a 100 companies on the plant have such cash balance).
John/Sergio got rid of the loss making Dart-200 and never will look back....unless you going try to sell us this site that 3%-6% margins is more money than 13%-17%.
Hmm last I checked, torque is power. But oh well….

Dart/200 aren’t about profits. Not the discussion, you’re again off in left field. Hemi was killed for two reasons, corporate average fuel economy, and emissions. You make vehicles that get better CAFE numbers, and offset some of what doesn’t get good numbers. Your fine or credit buying is less, this is simple basic math. And you’re talking profits. Ford is still making V8’s because they were smart enough (shocking) to make vehicles that got better numbers.

There is 100% business case to remake a Hemi. Same or different is irrelevant, a 426 and 6.4 have nothing in common but name and we love them both. They chose not to and that’s whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread