Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Needs A More Affordable Entry-Level Performance Vehicle

In the ever-evolving landscape of the automotive industry, Dodge stands as an emblem of American muscle and performance. Yet, amidst its illustrious history, a glaring gap has emerged in its lineup – the absence of an affordable performance vehicle priced under $35,000. As competitors surge ahead with enticing options, Dodge finds itself at a crossroads, … (read full article...)

IMG_8804.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

TripleT

Reaction score
Welp MSN don't have to wait until Nov.

Biden hits Chinese electric cars with higher tariffs​

Story by Natalie Sherman

Affordability isn't in this Administration play book

ipa0628

Reaction score
Like TFG didn't do the same thing. He thought China was paying the tarrifs.

scatpack_69

Reaction score
Real solution is take the Charger, Install the 2.0T... add ZF and just enough battery for 13 seconds. Remove everything that adds cost or weight. Barebones performance.
No. Real solution is V8, stripper. Boom.

Batteries cost more

scatpack_69

Reaction score
WTH new member throwing mistruths and mischaracterizing. Charger is not killed, and they accidentally mentioned the Challenger.
There you are, bashing new members. Hint: their opinion is just as valid (more so for most of us tired of your drivel….) than yours. Pound sand.

And yup, they killed Charger. It’s a fact. The much loved V8 badass sedan is dead. Dodge, as it sits currently, is dead. If nothing in the horizon comes into clearer view soon, Dodge is going the way of Plymouth and Pontiac.

That’s a FACT Jack. Straight from Tavares’ mouth. Prove it or be gone.

BWS1

Reaction score
We’ve come a long way baby! You have your choice - $90000 Jeep or cheap ChiCom vacuum cleaner. Take your choice Mopar fans. Think I’ll go find a 72 B body and refurb.

AlexB

Reaction score
There you are, bashing new members. Hint: their opinion is just as valid (more so for most of us tired of your drivel….) than yours. Pound sand.

And yup, they killed Charger. It’s a fact. The much loved V8 badass sedan is dead. Dodge, as it sits currently, is dead. If nothing in the horizon comes into clearer view soon, Dodge is going the way of Plymouth and Pontiac.

That’s a FACT Jack. Straight from Tavares’ mouth. Prove it or be gone.
Charger is not "killed" .... new Charger is coming out of of Windsor.

TripleT

Reaction score
You & others are total low IQ clowns.
Now Now for NOW the V8 Charger that was made of 19 years, well updated of course .... Loved both of mine has finally been replaced.

WITH A FASTER MORE EFFICEINT car with more powerplant choices and a 2 Door and 4 Door oh the HORROR.

The company should have continued to Pay Tesla drivers and $3500 fine to the EPA making a same slower car indefinitely.

It is interesting that you will see, just make a "Hemi" I think they mean V8 with the same turbo DI as the Hurricane. Well beyond the complexity to manufacture, the tight room to fit intake and secure both sets of heads, the inherit imbalance, and room for the turbos. That engine already exists, and it makes less HP and has less potential than the new powerplant. 95% of public never even takes the plastic cover off the engine to count the spark plug packs.

The other day a tuned Lexus drove by while dining at outdoor restaurant. News flash you can make a i6 sound very good, better than the cats fighting in bag sound of the latest coyote.

What it comes down to is some people are afraid of change, others would complain about a sunny day, and third group would set the world on fire to watch it burn.

Last edited:

TripleT

Reaction score
Well we had it wrong this isn't a Charger its Charger... I know it looks like Charger, but since moving from French Canada to British Canada there is less accent on the Cha. Chaaaa rger vs Ca jer .... more of shhh sound at the front thanks Scatpack69 for straightening us out. 1715795489657.png

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
What're you up to, STLA?...

While there's a possibility this is a nothingburger, the fact it was specifically trademarked for some concept car definitely catches eyes. Could also just be for some one of one build off the originals but who knows..

scatpack_69

Reaction score

I will reiterate, they killed Charger. Charger had a very simple and successful formula, V8, RWD, killer looks. The V6 wasn’t even viable until Pentastar came out for ‘11.

AlexB

Reaction score
I will reiterate, they killed Charger. Charger had a very simple and successful formula, V8, RWD, killer looks. The V6 wasn’t even viable until Pentastar came out for ‘11.

Again, THEY KILLED CHARGER
Let me drop some wisdom on you:
"features a new turbocharged inline six powertrain, the hurricane engine offers 25% more power and torque than the outgoing V8"
Natalie Knight
There's a reason Natalie Knight and Carlos makes decisions in Auburn Hills.
Charger goes into production the third quarter 2024,and will have full availability by Fall of 2025.

scatpack_69

Reaction score
They killed it. Period. Stop posting the same worthless drivel

When they bring more to the table than 797hp, maybe, MAYBE you’ll have a point. Until then, smackin those gums.

And it’s STILL not a V8. Killed

AlexB

Reaction score
2026 (1st full year of models)will tell the tale.
(Some in this thread want the car to fail for their own" hemi ego" ).

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
2026 (1st full year of models)will tell the tale.
(Some in this thread want the car to fail for their own" hemi ego" ).

I could careless about the new R/T and Scat Pack... I am more interested in the SIX PACK and SRT Banshee models.

TripleT

Reaction score
I could careless about the new R/T and Scat Pack... I am more interested in the SIX PACK and SRT Banshee models.
True but the volume will be in R/T and I still hold out hope for the Hurricane4.

TripleT

Reaction score
They killed it. Period. Stop posting the same worthless drivel

When they bring more to the table than 797hp, maybe, MAYBE you’ll have a point. Until then, smackin those gums.

And it’s STILL not a V8. Killed
That is a pretty silly take since vast majority of vehicle sold were not Hellcats or even Apache they were pedestrian V6s and Eagles. Then of the Hellcats the high HP were exceeding low volume.

Ram 2500 diesel and 3500 diesel ARE DEAD KILLED by the GLOBALISTS.... see how silly sounds. The idea that a vehicle has to have 2 extra cylinders and a more complex and imbalanced configuration to exist make you come off as just another Troll, if this is your intent maybe go to X or FB or another sight ran by Dave and his bobble heads.

TripleT

Reaction score
A Pentastar or GME-T4 Charger would be a great entry-level package.
Pentastar is on the way to retirement but the T4 would be nice especially with ZF ... even REV version with a Edrive and small battery as a base Daytona with 1.3 or 1.6

patfromigh

Reaction score
Pentastar is on the way to retirement but the T4 would be nice especially with ZF ... even REV version with a Edrive and small battery as a base Daytona with 1.3 or 1.6
I would wait until we get all the details on the Ramcharger's ICE range extender before saying the Pentastar is on the way to retirement. Maybe for the cars, I don't know about the trucks and minivans. I also remember hearing something about money sent to Italy is a waste. One of the things money was wasted on is the GSE Miller-cycle turbo four cylinder engine. It will be interesting to see if the GME 2-liter gets an equivalent version. The Miller-cycle turbo is used with a mild hybrid setup in Europe, but I'm sure it is adaptable to a high voltage PHEV system as well.

Allow me to mix speculation and fantasy on the next thought. Since they came up with a Miller-cycle, 1.5 liter turbo four cylinder, couldn't they do the same thing with a 3 liter, turbo inline six cylinder.

Users who are viewing this thread