Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Is Working On A New Performance UV To Replace Journey:

Dodge Is Working On A New Performance UV To Replace Journey:
New UV Vehicle To Feature HEMI Power...

Dodge-CSUV2.jpg

James.A

Reaction score
"despite what internet rumors say"... So says... this internet rumor. Reminds of the rumors that the large cars were getting refreshed in 2019 and replaced in 2021... now 2023. Or that the I6 was debuting in the new GC. I'll stick to the insider defence that it isn't happening until the company announces it.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
"despite what internet rumors say"... So says... this internet rumor. Reminds of the rumors that the large cars were getting refreshed in 2019 and replaced in 2021... now 2023. Or that the I6 was debuting in the new GC. I'll stick to the insider defence that it isn't happening until the company announces it.

Things can always change at a moment's notice. But it sounds like this vehicle is green lit.

TripleT

Reaction score
what they should do rush them to market before they are ready to meet a artificial date like the Explorer... Yeah the is the ticket.

The current Challenger and Charger are so good. they better get it right. Not rush things out because some people are impatient on the internet.

James.A

Reaction score
what they should do rush them to market before they are ready to meet a artificial date like the Explorer... Yeah the is the ticket.

The current Challenger and Charger are so good. they better get it right. Not rush things out because some people are impatient on the internet.
It's a bit too late to rush these cars at this point, considering that they were shown to dealers in 2015 and are staying on the current platform, albeit a modified version.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a bit too late to rush these cars at this point, considering that they were shown to dealers in 2015 and are staying on the current platform, albeit a modified version.

Staying on the current platform? Really?

James.A

Reaction score
Staying on the current platform? Really?
"Albeit modified" is what I said and the last thing I've heard and seen discussed is that the L gets weight savings learned from the G but isn't getting the G. Some people like to play semantics "the G will be a modified L", "If the L is modified its not the same platform"... spare me the gymnastics. Again, it's too late to rush these cars, they've been under development for half a decade at least and should be out. They should just get it to market. If the styling is staying retro, evolving the current styling and keeping most of the power trains then what is the holdup? What is the fear of changing a winning formula? It sounds like continuing a winning formula on a modified version the L, with Hemi's, better MPG. The I6 isn't ready? Introduce it with a refresh and get on with things.

Last edited:

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure
"Albeit modified" is what I said and the last thing I've heard and seen discussed is that the L gets weight savings learned from the G but isn't getting the G. Some people like to play semantics "the G will be a modified L", "If the L is modified its not the same platform"... spare me the gymnastics. Again, it's too late to rush these cars, they've been under development for half a decade at least and should be out. I know they've been testing with law enforcement and from what I've heard they're excellent. They should just get it to market. If the styling is staying retro, evolving the current styling and keeping most of the power trains then what is the holdup? What is the fear of changing a winning formula? It sounds like continuing a winning formula on a modified version the L, with Hemi's, better MPG. The I6 isn't ready? Introduce it with a refresh and get on with things.

Nothing about such illusion on this site.

It will be on Giorgio. End of story.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
You alluded to it yourself here - a further evolution of LX with modern materials and a lot of aluminium, joint program with Dodge and Maserati which we keep hearing about with refutations. This came out of what Sergio said before he passed from what I understand. That may have changed based on what Manley said about limitations, regulations and electrification so maybe it is G but regardless, if they're shopping these cars to law enforcement I imagine they're ready for the market.

2014 plan, not 2018. About Maserati GranTurismo.

LX and evolutions are discarded long time ago.

James.A

Reaction score
2014 plan, not 2018. About Maserati GranTurismo.

LX and evolutions are discarded long time ago.
Sergio brought it up last year... maybe he was playing 4D chess? Anyway, staying on focus, these cars seem to be ready and I base that on law enforcement testing. It's ridiculous to say that they could be rushed considering the years of development that we know about.

To stay to the thread topic, if Dodge gets a Stelvio based model with Charger looks by 2022 I'll definitely go for it. I can possibly stretch my 2013 Charger to 2022.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Sergio brought it up last year... maybe he was playing 4D chess? Anyway, staying on focus, these cars seem to be ready and I base that on law enforcement testing. It's ridiculous to say that they could be rushed considering the years of development that we know about.

To stay to the thread topic, if Dodge gets a Stelvio based model with Charger looks by 2022 I'll definitely go for it. I can possibly stretch my 2013 Charger to 2022.

Law enforcement is not currently testing the next gen Charger, no idea where that rumour came from.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score

Some conclusions were taken out of context. In addition to that I must that another Mopar fan site has adversity to Italian side of FCA so they came out with some IMO ridiculous articles.
They've taken credits from both Italan and American sides due their narrow views.

I must say that FCA has a big riddle to solve with Brampton. Very narrow carriers. AFAIK both Giorgio and Maserati LX updated can not be assembled there. They will need to change carriers and I believe it's time to replace them.

On road tests for next gen? Just impossible.

James.A

Reaction score
Some conclusions were taken out of context. In addition to that I must that another Mopar fan site has adversity to Italian side of FCA so they came out with some IMO ridiculous articles.
They've taken credits from both Italan and American sides due their narrow views.

I must say that FCA has a big riddle to solve with Brampton. Very narrow carriers. AFAIK both Giorgio and Maserati LX updated can not be assembled there. They will need to change carriers and I believe it's time to replace them.

On road tests for next gen? Just impossible.
The next gen's (Charger specifically) have been seen in the LA area in camo for a couple of years. It's not impossible I've been down this road before. People in the know are firm and absolute until they're wrong.

Last edited:

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
The next gen's (Charger specifically) have been seen in the LA area in camo for a couple of years. It's not impossible and my source is solid. I can't divulge more. I've been down this road before. People in the know are firm and absolute until they're wrong.

This is official:
razvoj modela.png

James.A

Reaction score
LOL, until this is replaced in a year by a new process. Give me a break, they debuted the design to dealers 5 years ago and you think there are no mules or prototypes? The cars were originally due to be out in what? a year from now? But you're saying they've done nothing so far?

Listen, this is the UV thread, we can talk large cars on another thread. As I said, they get that UV out by 2022 and I'm interested.

Last edited:

TripleT

Reaction score
This place just became Allpar..... build points are a platform. You can have entirely new car on the same “platform” it not all semantics. Every thing is the G platform, nope. Both have development roots in the G architecture, YES ..... the platform model is dead. It’s not 1990 anymore folks. What build points will the new UV have? That was my question.

there is absolutely NO rush one the LX cars they are class by themselves and possibly the best cars ever made by FCA....

pumadog

Reaction score
I believe the definition of platform varies over different companies and times. There's a PSA press release linked somewhere, where they define their CMP "platform" as a construction kit with variable dimensions. A common technical design and set of components that work together. The lines to "architecture" are blurry. The Giorgio platform was designed to fit C, D and E segment vehicles with different dimensions, according to the 2014-2018 presentation. Could they all share the same build points?

TripleT

Reaction score
Platform literally means build points.... What happen as they have strived for flexibility they definition has been pushed to the limit. The VW/Ford term meeting the your definition. But as I have explained several time. The Computational power has been exponential, allowing the use of optimization and topographical optimization making that definition in FCA also invalid. Architecture doesn't even work anymore but it just the best term that people can come up with. People writing up investor lit, and those reading also have trouble understanding. As Engineer both terms a inadequate. Calling the new vehicles a G platform is like call Human and Monkey. Having the origins doesn't make the same. Build points just become another input in the optimization structure. If one equates the G with the term Primates... then maybe it a proper defined term. Each vehicles "Platitecture" become unique to create the best vehicle. A good previous early example is the Dart to the Pacifica. Different platforms but evolved architecture. This is the root of the confusion and why you here it a new G, no it based on the LX, No it is Maserati.... all are true and false at the same time depending on how you use the term.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
@TripleT

I'm not sure that Ford has ever made public document about their platforms. VAG did it, Renault did it and PSA did it. I can not remember anyone else.
For example GM has a very narrow view on what is platform.

Computational power? Very small porgress on CPU side in the last two decades. No more exponent of base 2 as once was. On the other hand GPU power...

I think it's irrelevant altogether.

FCA or a new company with whatever is name will need more commonalities and flexibility in production. Part for the faster development, part for easier moving products around to answer market demands.

Users who are viewing this thread