Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As expected Elkann is not play with UAW:Warren Truck & Belvidere Closing,Sterling Heights cuts & more IF Strike

AlexB

Reaction score
Nailed it
Automaker Stellantis has threatened to move production of the current Ram 1500 pickup truck from a factory in suburban Detroit to Mexico, a union leader said Sunday.

"Boyer said the company’s plans would include producing a new all-electric Ram pickup truck at the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant, which currently produces most of the Ram light-duty pickups."
Big part is Warren is set to produce RAM REV, but if UAW screws around, RAM REV goes to Sterling Heights and Wagoneers(including Grand & others) go to Saltillo with ICE & Range Extender RAM 1500.
Warren Truck will have no product and will close along with Belvidere closing.
Stellantis will likely not pay a dividend to recover lose funds from the strike.
All due to jerk called Shawn Fain (UAW's new President )whom use to work at Warren Truck of all things!

BTW, on CNBC Phil Lebeau speculated that Stellantis might lock the UAW out before the UAW can strike.
Folks will be acting shock at a "Legacy Michigan 3" OEM pushing back on UAW, but this isn't the old "Chrysler Corporation".

cygnus

Reaction score
Shut the factories down, starve Tavares from what he cares about the most - money.

Sell Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram to GM already, LEAVE THIS COUNTRY YOU LEECHES.

cygnus

Reaction score
I haven't been in awhile but enough to get by. Been warning you all this may be protractive as the UAW take WAY TOO BIG A BITE HERE.

The current situation is untenable. I would rather see Chrysler sold, even if it means fewer workers / plants, temporarily. It can build back. Chrysler deserves to be free from these leeches.

AlexB

Reaction score
Shut the factories down, starve Tavares from what he cares about the most - money.

Sell Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram to GM already, LEAVE THIS COUNTRY YOU LEECHES.
That not going happen.
Second ,Carlos pay is sit by John Elkann, keep in mind Stellantis stockholders voted No on Carlos pay (Breakingviews - Stellantis CEO’s pay is doubly wrong was overruled by John Elkann as part of the special powers & provisions that Exor & John have over Stellantis.

By the way Stellantis have $50 billion in cash with 100 days+ inventory, so good luck for UAW member making it past Christmas without a paycheck.

TripleT

Reaction score
2nd tier suppliers are going to get badly damaged if UAW strike all three.
yeap.... I get that Automakers are in good shape at the moment but that is cyclical, they cannot sell out the future. UAW doesn't have the leverage it thinks it has at the moment. Only give the oppurtunity to shed capacity that isn't valuable in the near future hurting its rank and file and downstream suppliers.

TripleT

Reaction score

Of all my years on Allpar and here this may be the most ridiculous post I have ever seen. The only business GM would be interested in would be Jeep. You're basically advocating for the company to cease to exist. Last time we had domestic ownership they tried to break the company up and sell to Chinese, Japanesse, and Germans in pieces. This is Xenophobic nonsense. Ford and GM are not American companies they are international companies just like FCA as part of Stellantis. Elkman cannot agree to a labor agreement that will mean insolvency in the next downturn, we finally got off that rollercoaster. Right now, UAW took too big a bite and it going to Choke it back up with plant closures and a prolong time with it rank and file out of work.

cygnus

Reaction score
I'd rather Chrysler as an entity cease to exist, and salvage Jeep and maybe Ram, than continue to allow these leeches to leech.

They're not going to strike all three, they're going after Stellantis, which is great. Bleed Stellantis dry like they've done to their Customers and workers.

AlexB

Reaction score
I'd rather Chrysler as an entity cease to exist, and salvage Jeep and maybe Ram, than continue to allow these leeches to leech.

They're not going to strike all three, they're going after Stellantis, which is great. Bleed Stellantis dry like they've done to their Customers and workers.
You continue to clown around after detailing I have explain in darn details why Stellantis is the hardest to "drain", Stellantis is the one least of a hurry to make a deal, final is the Stellantis is the one that will leave the UAW Smashed/Drained/Closed.

So what you "rather do" to quote the Dwayne Johnson "It Doesn't Matter What You Want".

TripleT

Reaction score

Your real insider are YA,,,, Because GM is the primary target. Doesn't it ever get tiring of just being factually incorrect?

If your on this board to advocate closing the company over some xenophobic fantasy. Who are you refering to as the Leeches? Because up to this point even PSA has left FCA alone to the most part. I'd get if you a EU fan the Fiat, but FCA. Fiat who saved the New Yorker for liquidating your exact fantasy you proposed.

What exactly have they done to customers except make the highest quality and most capable vehicles in it history. The real leeches in the equation are those who loved to get a deal when the company was flounder to stay afloat, Value buyers. KIA buyers. Go drive a fake purse knock off appliance and find another place to cast the line.

Sad that rather see the company die, then stay profitable and health .... it a good thing your rather means NOTHING.

AlexB

Reaction score
Well it just about over for Warren Truck., it was nice knowing you👋
union has filed unfair labor practice charges with the National Labor Relations Board against Stellantis NV

"Stellantis has not received the filing but is shocked by Mr. Fain’s claims that we have not bargained in good faith. This is a claim with no basis in fact, and we are disappointed to learn that Mr. Fain is more focused on filing frivolous legal charges than on actual bargaining," spokesperson Jodi Tinson said in a statement. "We will vigorously defend this charge when the time comes, but right now, we are more focused on continuing to bargain in good faith for a new agreement. We will not allow Mr. Fain’s tactics to distract us from that important work to secure the future for our employees."

cygnus

Reaction score
People making less than $30 an hour have nothing to lose in this economy. Most of them have just stayed on long enough to see this strike. Young UAW workers don't have houses, they maybe have apartments or live with family. There is no 'we'll blow through the strike funds and lose our house' threat - there is no house for the under-40 workers, which increasingly comprise most of the UAW. Most of the under-40 UAW aren't married/don't have children. This isn't the boomer UAW anymore - Stellantis has stolen a reasonable way of life from these people by pocketing the profits. "You'll be happy slaves, you're lucky to have a job" - not anymore. Look at SAG - AFTRA - California people who have a similar demographic - childless/mostly unmarried, living in apartments. Four months on strike, no end in sight. They have nothing to lose.

The only, final threat that Stellantis can make is moving everything to Mexico because the UAW won't bend. That's why I said - good luck selling/moving production of an entire Jeep Product Portfolio that's built in Mexico, because we hold the keys to your profit kingdom with six plants that are within close proximity to each other. The workers hold the keys to the profit kingdom - not Stellantis.

Sterling Heights - Ram 1500
Warren - Wagoneer
Jefferson 1 - Grand Cherokee 5 Passenger (WL74) and Durango
Jefferson 2 - Grand Cherokee 7 Passenger
Toledo 1 - Wrangler
Toledo 2 - Gladiator

All within 70 miles of each other. 90% of Stellantis US profits.

The UAW has more leverage than you realize. I won't have to belabor the point much longer - you're going to see what's going to happen very shortly, and like everything I post on this board, I will have been right, AGAIN.

Do I ever get tired of being right - no!

Last edited:

TripleT

Reaction score
The bite they tried to take is too BIG, they are going end up screwing over rank and file. There is no doubt. GM is that target but they are trying to get Ford and FCA to agree as leverage with GM, the entire thing is a disaster.

AlexB

Reaction score
People making less than $30 an hour have nothing to lose in this economy. Most of them have just stayed on long enough to see this strike. Young UAW workers don't have houses, they maybe have apartments or live with family. There is no 'we'll blow through the strike funds and lose our house' threat - there is no house for the under-40 workers, which increasingly comprise most of the UAW. Most of the under-40 UAW aren't married/don't have children. This isn't the boomer UAW anymore - Stellantis has stolen a reasonable way of life from these people by pocketing the profits. "You'll be happy slaves, you're lucky to have a job" - not anymore. Look at SAG - AFTRA - California people who have a similar demographic - childless/mostly unmarried, living in apartments. Four months on strike, no end in sight. They have nothing to lose.

The only, final threat that Stellantis can make is moving everything to Mexico because the UAW won't bend. That's why I said - good luck selling/moving production of an entire Jeep Product Portfolio that's built in Mexico, because we hold the keys to your profit kingdom with six plants that are within close proximity to each other. The workers hold the keys to the profit kingdom - not Stellantis.

Warren - Wagoneer
Toledo 1 - Wrangler
Toledo 2 - Gladiator

The UAW has more leverage than you realize. I won't have to belabor the point much longer - you're going to see what's going to happen very shortly, and like everything I post on this board, I will have been right, AGAIN.

Other than the Bankruptcy, this is a cycle where Stellentis holds more leverage than UAW, and as for your silly apartment claim, rent gotta be paid.
By Christmas, UAW members will be hurting for cash.
As Ari Emanuel best it: "All Strikes eventually come to an end".
In the meanwhile Stellantis highly profitable South America & Europe will be essentially funding product development for North America on a "cash-on-cash" basis.
Ford offered the UAW a very great (for the rank & file) deal that addressed the issues @redriderbob mentioned (25% increase for temps and entry level), with up to $12,000 of Cost Of Living offset Bonus payments over 4 years.

The only thing they will get from Stellantis is CPI minus Food & Energy (Consumer Price Index: basically inflation EXCLUDING Food & Energy) WITH CLAWBACKS on certain conditions (Recession , Plant Quality, AWOL Absenteeism).

srm3500

Reaction score

Warren - Wagoneer
Toledo 1 - Wrangler
Toledo 2 - Gladiator

Lol, you my friend have no idea then how many of us are living on under $18 an hour. This is why I hate all unions they make $25-$30 an hour get amazing benefits (compared to what most of us get) plus profit sharing and yet all they do is complain lol.
If I can rent an apartment, buy food (and go out to eat once a week) and pay all my bills and still have enough to save some money each pay check at $17.50 an hour then others can to and if not there are plenty of other jobs out there. I hope Stellentis wins this as I will continue to buy the products they make.

cygnus

Reaction score
Other than the Bankruptcy, this is a cycle where Stellentis holds more leverage than UAW, and as for your silly apartment claim, rent gotta be paid.
By Christmas, UAW members will be hurting for cash.
As Ari Emanuel best it: "All Strikes eventually come to an end".
In the meanwhile Stellantis highly profitable South America & Europe will be essentially funding product development for North America on a "cash-on-cash" basis.
Ford offered the UAW a very great (for the rank & file) deal that addressed the issues @redriderbob mentioned (25% increase for temps and entry level), with up to $12,000 of Cost Of Living offset Bonus payments over 4 years.

The only thing they will get from Stellantis is CPI minus Food & Energy (Consumer Price Index: basically inflation EXCLUDING Food & Energy) WITH CLAWBACKS on certain conditions (Recession , Plant Quality, AWOL Absenteeism).

Good luck selling high margin Rams and Jeeps built in Mexico. And building a replacement set of six plants there. You have no idea what's coming

Mopar392

Reaction score
Ram DS was built in Saltillo so that would not be a problem .
Jeep Compass is currently the sole product out of Toluca, so it can be repurposed to built more vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread