What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Letter to the People: Saving Chrysler – A Call to Action

A Letter to the People: Saving Chrysler – A Call to Action​

A Call to Investors and Workers to Rebuild the Automaker...​

photo-output.jpeg

I am writing to you today not just as a concerned citizen but as someone with a deep, personal connection to one of our nation’s most iconic brands. My great-grandfather, Walter P. Chrysler, founded the Chrysler Corporation in 1925, a company that has since become a cornerstone of American automotive history. As we approach the 100th anniversary of Chrysler, with plans for what could be the largest gathering of Chrysler products ever seen in North America at next year’s Chrysler Carlisle event, I believe the time for change is now. And I am ready to lead that change.

Frank I strongly suggest that you reach out to Penske Automotive Group (PAG) about making an investment, or perhaps buying the brands outright. Roger Penske was all set to buy Saturn from General Motors, until he asked if he could buy the tooling for the existing models. When GM said no, Roger backed out and I could hardly blame him.
One advantage is that PAG is already in Wayne County, where quite a bit of Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Ram products and components are made. All I can say is, take a shot- the worst thing they can do is say no, but maybe this will be a good opportunity to stick a thumb in GM's eye.

Yeah STLA has not had any significant change to the product offers in the MY 2024 so why go buy a GM? Nonense.

The biggest effect that STLA merger has had is delay in new product not what they have offered.

Chrysler was killed by Daimler (when it dissolved Plymouth and made Chrysler Plymouth; it just been shocked on the table to get a Heartbeat by SM and Fiat. Now there is a real problem as STLA has more brands to deal with than you can shake a stick at.

View attachment 9956

I am writing to you today not just as a concerned citizen but as someone with a deep, personal connection to one of our nation’s most iconic brands. My great-grandfather, Walter P. Chrysler, founded the Chrysler Corporation in 1925, a company that has since become a cornerstone of American automotive history. As we approach the 100th anniversary of Chrysler, with plans for what could be the largest gathering of Chrysler products ever seen in North America at next year’s Chrysler Carlisle event, I believe the time for change is now. And I am ready to lead that change.

Where do I sign-up? Bring our beloved Chrysler Corporation, Inc.back home! It will take a few years to get back to pre 2024 levels of success but it would be worth the time/moneies i vested with the right people leading. The push for Europe was sold as fools gold and unnecessary at the time. First on the To Do list: reassign Grand Wagoneer & L variant to the Chrysler Brand, leaving Grand Wagoneer with RAM and std wheelbase Wagoneer with JEEP. Platform diversity and primary functional utility, solved! The CHRYSLER (Town & Country), RAM (Adventurer), and JEEP (Wagoneer) would all fly off of the floors! Then cull an CHRYSLER (Imperial) on what is now STLA-L (longer than Charger shorter than the proposed (Town & Country) above, with SST-Hybrid propulsion standard and a new 4.7-5.2L V8-Hybrid at top; utilize RAM'S REV technology in the BEV. I've got more...

Interesting, but, Stellantis MIGHT sell you the Chrysler and Dodge Brands, Never Ram or Jeep, would they sell the factories to build them, what about all the trademarked models, and the engineering staff and the dies and the engines?
It would be best to go back to Magna and see if you could interest them. Clean sheet designs built in Magna factories and sold online world wide. Essentially bespoke vehicles at non-bespoke prices, no big showrooms, no inventory, built to order is the best way, you'd save billions on startup, revolutionalize the 'Chrysler Experience' ,Dodge included of course! Then you can expand, Dodge into Active lifestyle, Chrysler to a Premium ride, ..... And you need one or two really wealthy fanboys to get it off the ground, I mean really, really , really wealthy LOL

They aren't selling Dodge... You might be able to package Chrysler with Opel, Vauxhall, Citerion, and DS

I almost fell out of my chair reading this article and seeing the proposal--YES, YES, AND MORE YES!!! Bring on The New Chrysler/Dodge, LLC and back to the status that they belong. I hope this happens quickly and we get real products moving into the brands.

I can hear Tim Kuniskis gloating that he would be back in a new position leading Dodge/Chrysler again. I also have a feeling Ralph will be joining them as well. They have the factories here in the US and Chrysler can now be positioned as the premium brand, while Dodge keeps it's sport oriented mainstream appeal for every category. I can see a new hybrid V8 making an appearance as well, since they may still buy the 4 and 6 cylinder Hurricanes from Stellantis, just tuned better and issues corrected.

Last edited:

Chrysler Heir Sends Proposal To Stellantis For Brands​

Frank B. Rhodes, Jr. Proposes A Bold New Path For Chrysler and Dodge...​

Frank B. Rhodes, Jr., the great-grandson of Chrysler Corporation founder Walter P. Chrysler, has put forward a detailed proposal to Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavares regarding the future of the Chrysler and Dodge brands. This proposal, aimed at revitalizing and redefining these iconic brands, focuses on addressing the concerns of loyal customers while navigating the challenges of the evolving automotive landscape.

Why doesn’t Frank get a group together and buy the Chrysler Brand or become a large shareholder with a Group….. Plymouth is likely abandoned or could be had for pennies. Dodge isn’t for sale.

But for sure the only way to Greenfield these days is EV. Petrol power train takes a lot to develop. The most likely outcome is failure. The letter comes off as fan fiction. The developmental and regulatory pitfalls are immense.

Can we find a great grand relative to Graham Trucks, The Dodge Brothers, or Maxwell to tell us what they think?

Last edited:
This is a business problem, not a culture, heritage, national security, or any other problem. A publicly traded company needs to respond to shareholders/stock/regulation. I feel for the cause, just don't see why pleading or lashing will help?

The only way to ensure the name/legacy continues is to

a) rely on Stellantis to bet on investment = return
b) sell to someone else and hope not a rinse and repeat
c) ground swell from a few billionaires for a niche market and hope you don't have a Fisker, Delorean

remember:
Olds
Pontiac
Mercury
Humber
Holden
the list goes on and on and Chrysler and Dodge are no different than many in the above list.

Building cars in today's market is NOT easy. The advancements in consumer desires for features, comfort, and the regulations to make them save since billions and billions of people rely on them makes a start up hard. Telsa was a lucky play that lived off anticipation stock float and credits to make its way....not its an awkward teen and will it make adulthood ?

I was hoping to read a more forward looking letter over a history lesson and tongue lashing. As the target of the letter, I would not read it with much of an open mind. I guess that is why I don't run a car company/brand.

There are opportunities in the wings. Creating an inexpensive car that gets you from a-b has a high chance of being a hot market in a year or so....but that boat may already be leaving the dock.... All Electric is still a possible play but you will sink or skyrocket so it's an all or nothing result. Same for ICE. (don't start a holy war thread on that please, simply ack that those options exist). Essentially, you need t make people who do NOT follow this board want to buy a car and to make money. Votes are in - and people don't buy what is for sale... you have to now meet the people where they will be. (you can't meet them where they are, because by the time you get there....)

They aren't selling Dodge... You might be able to package Chrysler with Opel, Vauxhall, Citerion, and DS

I heard directly from one of my contacts in Auburn Hills: "They are shopping Dodge, Chrysler, and, believe it or not, the Plymouth nameplate."

Now, whether they are shopping the products or just the nameplates, I am unsure. I wouldn't put it past Stellantis to sell just the brands and last-minute rebrand the products under Alfa/Fiat, etc.

Chrysler has been cheated, having just one model to sell, seems to be a method for STL. The parent company need to devote create vehicles that aren’t all SUV’s or SUV’s. The Chrysler Pacifica/Voyarger sold more than some of the brands that has more to offer. Don’t follow Ford, Chevrolet, and other who no longer have a sedan or coupe take notice none of the Japanese manufacturers are dropping there sedans or coups. Bring the Airflow to the market, design a new Chrysler 300, design a new 200 or a mid size vehicle . STL is worried about sale decking in the North American market, well STL, you have dropped the Journey, Challenger,300, Dart,200, and has not given consumers choices and a reason to come to the dealership unless they want a Jeep Ram or Charger. It seem like STL. plans are get rid of Dodge, and Chrysler.

Should try and get Elon Musk involved, But Plymouth needs to be the mainstream brand and Dodge the performance brand and Chrysler the luxury brand.

View attachment 9956

He can’t make this work without pickups and real body on frame SUVs. Stellantis needs to sell him Ram and Jeep as well. The new entity would have a significantly better chance with those brands in their vehicle portfolio. In addition, it would be much easier on the dealership network.

He can’t make this work without pickups and real body on frame SUVs. Stellantis needs to sell him Ram and Jeep as well. The new entity would have a significantly better chance with those brands in their vehicle portfolio. In addition, it would be much easier on the dealership network.

Here’s your future for Mopar brands, Chrysler Dodge will sell to the ChiComms within three years, maybe less. They will sell us some cheap Chicomm junk that’s better than anyone thinks it could be , but totally undesirable to anyone who wanted a Mopar anyway. Elkann and his jesters will bleed Ram dry and it will go away . Requires WAY to much investment to stay competitive for them to stomache. Jeep will hang around for a decade on the Stellanus radar until it’s unrecognizable and everything that made it desirable to consumers is ….. gone. It’s sad, it’s awful, its
Life. Thanks again Bob Eaton . It all still comes back to your doormat.

Yes, this is a must!

Tavares is the last person who should be leading anything American, let alone Chrysler and Dodge!

I was born in 1942 I lived near Harper and Connor as a very young kid I would go over to seal test on St Jean which was a milk company I would help that was calling jump the truck with the old milk trucks I remember delivering in Grosse Pointe one day to Milkman told me to come into the house with him I met Horace Dodge I shook his hand and he gave me a Coca Cola well him and the Milkman were shooting the bull

After I served in the Air Force and came back to Detroit I was a programmer or controls engineer whatever you want to call it I program the many of the machines at the Windsor Assembly Plant for the minivan I had a green card from Chrysler and worked over there from June to December

As a Chrylser fan sent the 60s that my farther had I have always brought Chrylser products myself .

I also think the Jeep wagoneer should have a Chrylser name on it like the old Aspin but I like Imperial also
The Aspen name was originally a Dodge sedan.

Back