Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3L I6 Tornado Hybrids for Cherokee (KM), Grand Cherokee (WL74), and Grand Cherokee L (WL75), Wagoneer and Wagoneer L (WS) are a go

TripleT

Reaction score
I guess the quizing people not around here... People around here are actively NOT interested in the PHEV.

"I dont want that Electric $4it"

Again this is not me, people I talk to in the Mopar Clubs.

But for sure unless they make Trackhawk that 6 isnt going anywhere near the KM

Last edited:

ScramFan

Reaction score
They have another thing coming if they think people are going Ok with Dodge replacing the Hemi with the Inline 6 SO and HO. It absolutely needs to be electrified (PHEV), or it will flop.

I honestly think we may not see the Charger or Challenger ICE options until calendar 2025, maybe calendar 2024 if ZF can move up Production of the 4th Gen PHEV transmission. They know they are destroying Dodge brand equity without having the PHEV trim. They did right by the Hornet with the PHEV trim. So you're telling me they would launch the Charger and Challenger without the PHEV trim? That doesn't make sense. They will delay the cars before and make sure they launch with a PHEV trim, or they will say they will launch the PHEV trim six months after SO/HO Production begins.

I read yesterday that Ford announced a new 6.8L V8 engine for their upcoming Super duty, replacing the 6.2L. This coming shortly after they introduced the 7.3L V8 for those trucks.

This makes me wonder if maybe FCA is secretly working on a new V8 of their own for RAM HD trucks.

Right now, everyone is falling all over themselves talking about BEV and electric everything. So maybe right now is not the time to talk about a new V8.

So maybe they keep this new engine quiet for now, and finish out this run on the current gen Challengers and Chargers.

Then, once the new generation of Challengers and Chargers and HD trucks is out, that's when they reveal a new large V8 for the HD trucks, and hint at a version for the top of the line muscle cars and light duty trucks.

This is just a wild guess on my part.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
There is 100% venn diagram overlap between people who can buy a Limited and have enough money for a Laredo + hybrid.
I would have bought an Altitude 4xe if it existed, but also only if you could get the 10.1” screen. I refused to get the ugly bezels of the 8.4.

Users who are viewing this thread