Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Is Working On A New Performance UV To Replace Journey:

Dodge Is Working On A New Performance UV To Replace Journey:
New UV Vehicle To Feature HEMI Power...

Dodge-CSUV2.jpg

Mopar392

Reaction score
Is it going to be built along side WL Grand Cherokee or is it going to use the space that is going be available once Chrysler 300 departs??

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it going to be built along side WL Grand Cherokee or is it going to use the space that is going be available once Chrysler 300 departs??

No to being built alongside WL. It could be built at Brampton or one other North American plant, not connected in Detroit. That's all I am going to say.

mopar22

Reaction score
I really hope they don't go a charger like design wise. The more "bandit" style grills i see the less i like them, and then the scallops on the side are starting to feel old to me. I understand why people like them, just not my flavor anymore

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
depends is it the G or GG?

Giorgio Global is nothing else than a Giorgio ready for BEV.

Even Giulia and Stelvio with MCA will switch to it. That's around 2 years for them. Different "innovative" rear suspension execution for batteries. Even PHEV versions will use it.

Of course with it comes new electric arhitecture.

But I do believe that it will be slightly bigger than Stelvio. Around 8" if I need to take a guess.
Of course I may be wrong.

In any case this will be a welcome addition to Dodge line up.

TripleT

Reaction score
Giorgio Global is nothing else than a Giorgio ready for BEV.

Even Giulia and Stelvio with MCA will switch to it. That's around 2 years for them. Different "innovative" rear suspension execution for batteries. Even PHEV versions will use it.

Of course with it comes new electric arhitecture.

But I do believe that it will be slightly bigger than Stelvio. Around 8" if I need to take a guess.
Of course I may be wrong.

In any case this will be a welcome addition to Dodge line up.

Then it is not Giorgio... if the build points move then is not that platform anymore. It is a different Platform with it origin based in Giorgio.... dismissive terms like "JUST" are not accurate. There will be extensive optimization of the body structure per model and for the build points. Top hatting is mostly dead at FCA

So the question remains is it JUST Giorgio(top hatted Dodge) or is it something new that can run in a NA facility on current carriers?

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Then it is not Giorgio... if the build points move then is not that platform anymore. It is a different Platform with it origin based in Giorgio.... dismissive terms like "JUST" are not accurate. There will be extensive optimization of the body structure per model and for the build points. Top hatting is mostly dead at FCA

So the question remains is it JUST Giorgio(top hatted Dodge) or is it something new that can run in a NA facility on current carriers?

What they must keep? Suspension attachment points and what else? AFAIK they will keep it.

The time will come to completely overhaul some factories or to move products around. Nothing is eternal.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
So, a coupe SUV. Late 2022 is a long time away though.
Fortunately, it seems that development has begun again, now that the PSA-FCA merger is moving forward.

A full BEV to compete with the Mach-e would be cool as well.

ViperDave

Reaction score
Just don't call it Charger UV or something like what Ford did with the Mustang. I know they wont but I would not mind seeing some design cues from the Charger, scalloped doors , kick up body line in the rear doors etc. People need to know its a Dodge when they see it. Its about time wee see these rumors. Hopefully we see something from Chrysler soon.

Now for names.... Avenger would fit, bring back the name Stealth?

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know on which platform is a fake Mustang on but upcoming updates for Giorgio will allow to build ICE, MHEV, PHEV and BEV cars on a single platform. No need for a dedicated platform although it's better to have a dedicated platform for BEV but then you are stuck with BEV only car.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Where did you see that?

Autoline After Hours... We have a topic on this forum about that:

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Just don't call it Charger UV or something like what Ford did with the Mustang. I know they wont but I would not mind seeing some design cues from the Charger, scalloped doors , kick up body line in the rear doors etc. People need to know its a Dodge when they see it. Its about time wee see these rumors. Hopefully we see something from Chrysler soon.

Now for names.... Avenger would fit, bring back the name Stealth?

According to Mike V. it has a very different yet interesting name, or at least codename

Users who are viewing this thread