The Chrysler brand has had a huge success with its partnership with actress Kathryn Hahn (“Bad Moms,” “We’re The Millers”) and her humourous Pacifica commercials. Now, Chrysler has released its latest social media campaign called “Pacifica Mom on Quarantine”. In the commercial series, Hahn uses the 2020 Chrysler Pacifica as her home away from home (when you can’t go anywhere else) for a pseudo-confessional as she, in her “tell-it-like-it-is” persona, shares her honest and relatable thoughts on what life has been like during quarantine.
“In a time when social distancing practices have become the new normal, Chrysler brand and Hahn had to take a challenging approach during the production of our most recent collaboration,” said Olivier Francois, Chief Marketing Officer, FCA. “Given our production’s top priority was to ensure the health and safety of all involved during the one-day production, we filmed entirely on an iPhone equipped with a remote feed inside the Chrysler Pacifica, and Kathryn worked on set with a small crew of two and relied on a tablet inside the vehicle to allow for directional feedback.”
Technical elements of production:
- All safety precautions were in place, including crew wearing masks, gloves, disinfecting equipment, and vehicle
- There were two crew members present on location in Los Angeles with actress Kathryn Hahn
- The tech director set small lights and locked the camera or camera framing, then walked away when Kathryn came onto “set.” He was either a safe distance away or in the video van parked out of frame
- The video technician manager worked with the Chrysler brand team and its creative agency (Doner) in Detroit via a remote feed, creating a “virtual chat room” and enabling them to see the takes and offer direction or feedback. This allowed Kathryn to see and hear the team after her takes via a tablet, and to ensure Kathryn, agency, and clients approved of the takes
- The cameras were iPhones equipped with technology for a remote feed
- The production took place at a private residence with occupants away for the duration of the shoot
As the brand that invented the original family vehicle more than 35 years ago, Chrysler Pacifica provides an unprecedented level of functionality, versatility, technology and bold styling to make life on the road a little easier.
The Chrysler brand created the campaign in partnership with Doner. The first spot in the series, which spans across digital and social media, including Chrysler brand’s YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter channels.