The initial batches of 2022 Jeep® Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer (WS) models are finally arriving at dealers. We had written to Jeep last week, asking about the pending delay of their all-new ultra-premium SUV offerings which had hundreds of already built units sitting on holding lots around the Metro Detroit and Windsor, Ontario areas when we spotted one freshly delivered to our local dealer this weekend.
This 2022 Jeep Wagoneer Series II, was on display as several people came by Rochester Hills Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram in Rochester Hills, Michigan while we were there on Saturday looking at it for ourselves. While Jeep is using the Wagoneer nameplate as its new premium extension sub-brand (which we can’t understand why you would create a sub-brand to the most recognized brands around the globe), the Wagoneer still has several hidden Jeep logos around the exterior of the vehicle to let you know that is still a Jeep.
This particular vehicle was the most entry-level Wagoneer 4×4 model you can currently purchase in the United States right now (Series I will be added to the lineup at a later time). With a U.S. Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $73,845 (including a $2,000 destination charge), the Wagoneer is far from cheap. But what does that get you?
- Membership to Wagoneer Client Services
- Quadra-Trac I Single-Speed On-Demand Transfer Case
- Selec-Terrain® System
- Differential Front-Axle with Disconnect
- Trac-Lok® Anti-Spin Rear Differential
- Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
- Remote-Start System
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Stop and Go
- Active Lane Management System
- Full-Speed Forward – Collision Warning Plus
- ParkView® Rear Back-Up Camera
- ParkSense Front/Rear Park – Assist with Stop
- Blind-Spot and Rear Cross – Path Detection
- Pedestrian Emergency Braking
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Hill-Start Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
- Speed-Sensitive Door Power-Locks
- Security Alarm
- Power-Adjustable Pedals with Memory
- Sentry Key® Theft-Deterrent System
- Rain-Sensitive Windshield Wipers
- LED Headlamps
- Heated Exterior Mirrors
- Body-Side Side-Steps
- Hands-Free Power Liftgate
- 7- and 4-Pin Wiring Harness
- Class IV Receiver-Hitch
- 20-Inch Fully-Painted Silver Litho Aluminum Wheels
- NEXEN Roadian HTX 275/55R20 BSW All-Season Tires
- 10.1-Inch Uconnect 5 Touchscreen Infotainment System
- 10.25-Inch Cluster Display
- Apple CarPlay™ & Google Android Auto™
- GPS Navigation
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hot Spot with Trial
- 6-Month Subscription of SiriusXM® 360L
- Wagoneer Connect (Connected Services) with Trial
- Alpine 9-Speaker System with Subwoofer
- Wireless Phone Charging Pad
- Tri-Zone Climate Control
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Heated Front Seats
- Ventilated Front Seats
- 8-Way Power-Adjustable Driver Seat
- 8-Way Power-Adjustable Front Passenger Seat
- 3rd-Row Seat with 60/40 Manual Fold/Recline
- 8-Passenger Seating
Under the hood of the 2022 Jeep Wagoneer is the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V8 with an eTorque mild-hybrid system, which is standard across the lineup. The 5.7-liter HEMI is good for 392 horsepower (292kW) and 404 lb.-ft. (548 Nm) of torque. It is paired up with an 8HP75 8-speed automatic transmission which delivers smooth shifts as it does in the Ram 1500.
Rochester Hills CDJR, even had the new Wagoneer displayed next to an original late-production Jeep Grand Wagoneer (SJ) for us. As you can see, the new WS is vastly larger than the original SJ vehicle. Showing us that today’s current Grand Cherokee (WL) has a lot more in common with the SJ than the newest Wagoneer.
Nevertheless, those who ordered their Wagoneers and those who have been waiting for the new WS models to arrive should be happy with the news.
To see more on this particular vehicle, you can check out the Rochester Hills CDJR website.
For those who already have ordered or are going to purchase a new Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer vehicle, be sure to join our dedicated WagoneerForums.org forums. There you can keep us with everything news, information, and rumor related to the new Wagoneer duo and even interact with Wagoneer Client Services.
2022 Jeep® Wagoneer Series II 4×4 (WS) Image Gallery: