Earlier today, we brought you the all-new 2019 Dodge Challenger SXT AWD. Now, we are going to look at the performance-based Dodge Challenger GT AWD.
Designed and engineered for world-class precision, the 2019 Dodge Challenger GT all-wheel drive (AWD) delivers the performance, power and all-weather capability to carve through some of the worst weather Mother Nature can dish out.
From winding through twisty stretches of mountain roads, escaping away to a snow-covered ski resort, to daily commutes through the slush and snow of Northeastern and Midwestern winters, the Challenger GT AWD is built to handle it all.
The 2019 Dodge Challenger GT AWD features Dodge’s award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine, delivering 305 horsepower at 6,350 rpm and a responsive 268 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,800 rpm.
A tuned induction system and dual exhaust from the manifolds back to the tips help deliver more than 90 percent of the engine’s peak torque from 1,800 to 6,400 rpm – all for outstanding drivability and responsiveness. With the standard TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission, Challenger GT offers up to an EPA-estimated 18 city/27 hwy miles per gallon (mpg).
The Dodge Challenger GT features Dodge’s high-performance all-wheel-drive system. Also found in the Charger AWD, this technologically advanced system includes an active transfer case and front-axle disconnect for excellent all-season performance and fuel economy. The Challenger GT seamlessly transitions between rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive with no driver intervention. Under normal driving conditions, the front axle is disengaged and 100 percent of the engine’s torque is directed to the rear wheels. This preserves the outstanding fun-to-drive performance and handling characteristics inherent to rear-wheel-drive vehicles. When sensors indicate the need for additional traction, the system automatically engages the front axle, instantly transitioning Challenger GT into all-wheel-drive mode.
Enhanced with Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC), the Challenger GT AWD has impressive handling on all surfaces, especially snow and ice. VDC provides excellent traction on slippery surfaces and also helps the driver maintain the desired vehicle path. Enhancing the on-road dynamic performance using precise front-to-rear torque control integrated with the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system, VDC maintains Challenger’s fun-to-drive character, regardless of road conditions.
The Challenger GT Super Track Pak button activates Dodge Performance Pages and launch control features embedded in the 8.4-inch touchscreen radio. Visible performance information, such as reaction times, 0-60 times, G-force indicator and lap times, can be monitored, and even mirrored, in the 7-inch thin-film transistor (TFT) customizable cluster display. The new Challenger GT model also features three-mode ESC with “full-off” mode, a fun feature for drifting through snowy scenes.
For 2019, the Challenger GT AWD receives the hood off of the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT392.
With a base MSRP of $32,995 and that does not include the $1,395 destination charge ($1,445 for Hawaii), the Challenger SXT AWD is the cheapest way yet to get into an all-wheel drive Challenger.
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT ENGINE (ERB) w/ 8-SPD AUTO 850RE TRANSMISSION (MAKE) (DFT) – Standard
Packages & Groups:
Blacktop Package (ADX) – 19X7.5 Black Noise Painted Wheels (WS6), AWD Rhombi Badge-Black (M5F), Black Fuel Filler Door (XJD), Black Grille w/ Bezel (MFF), Front Fog Lights (LNJ), Gloss Black I/P Cluster Trim Rings (JA9), Grille Badge – Challenger Blacktop (MSB), Leather Performance Steering Wheel (SCJ), and Rear Black Spoiler (MXP).
Alpine Audio Group w/ Subwoofer (ATL) – 506 Watt Amplifier (RFD), 9-Amplified Speakers w/ Subwoofer (RC3) and Surround Sound (XRY).
Harman Kardon Audio Group w/ Subwoofer (AMA) – 18-Speaker Premium Audio System (RGE), Harman Kardon Greenedge Amp (RDH), Surround Sound (XRY), and Trunk Mounted Subwoofer (RHG).
Driver Convenience Group (AJV) – Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection (XAN), High Intensity Discharge Headlamps (LMP) and Power Multi-Function Foldaway Mirrors (GU4).
Cold Weather Group (ADE) – 180 AMP Alternator (BAD), Heated Front Seats (JPM) and Heated Steering Wheel (NHS).
Plus Package (AAY) – 1-Year Of SiriusXM Radio Service (X9B), 276 Watt Amplifier (RD7), 4G LTE WI-FI Hot Spot (RTQ), 6-Premium Speakers (RCJ), 8.4-inch Touchscreen Display (RFL), Bright Pedals (XAR), Dodge Performance Packages (JAZ), Door Trim Panel w/ Ambient Lighting (CBR), HD Radio (RE8), Heated Front Seats (JPM), Heated Steering Wheel (NHS), Nappa/Ancantara Performance Seats (*SL), Ventilated Front Seats (CAJ), Power Tilt/Telescope Steering Column (SUB) and Universal Garage Door Opener (XGD).
Technology Group (ADG) – Adaptive Speed Control (NHP), Auto High Beam Headlamp Controls (LMS), Forward Collision Warning (LSS), and Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers (JHC).
- Alpine Audio Group w/ Subwoofer (ATL) – $895
- Harman Kardon Audio Group w/ Subwoofer (AMA) – $1,595
- Blacktop Package (ADX) – $695
- Blacktop Stripe (M28) – N/C (w/ ADX)
- Cold Weather Package (ADE) – $495 (N/A w/ AYY)
- Compact Spare Tire (TBK) – $295
- Driver Convenience Group (AJV) – $1,095
- Engine Block Heater (NHK) (Included w/ Alaska Cars) – $95
- Plus Package (AAY) – $2,495
- Power Sunroof (GWA) – $1,195
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio (RSD) (Not Available w/ Options UAQ, UDQ, UJQ, UAS) – $195
- Technology Group (ADG) – $1,295
- UConnect 4C NAV w/ 8.4-inch Display (UAQ) – $1,095 (or $795 with AAY)
Seating & Trim:
- Houndstooth Cloth Performance Seat – Black (H7X9) – N/C
- Nappa/Alcantara Performance Seat – Black (SLX9) – N/C with AAY
- Nappa/Alcantara Performance Seat – Black/Ruby Red (SLXC) – N/C with AAY
- B5 Blue Pearl Coat (PQD) (Not Available With Black/Ruby Red Interior) – $69
- Destroyer Grey Clear Coat (PDN) – N/C
- F8 Green (PFQ) (Not Available With Black/Ruby Red Interior) – N/C
- Go ManGo (PVP) (Not Available With Black/Ruby Red Interior) – N/C
- Granite Pearl Coat (PAU) – N/C
- IndiGo Blue (PBM) – N/C
- Maximum Steel Metallic Clear Coat (PAR) – N/C
- Octane Red Pearl Coat (PRV) – N/C
- Pitch Black Clear Coat (PX8) (Not Available With Black/Ruby Red Interior) – N/C
- Plum Crazy Pearl Coat (PHG) (Not Available With Black/Ruby Red Interior) – $70
- TorRed Clear Coat (PR3) – N/C
- White Knuckle Clear Coat (PW7) – N/C
- Yellow Jacket Clear Coat (PY4) (Not Available With Black/Ruby Red Interior) – N/C
Dodge dealers are currently taking orders for the 2019 Dodge Challenger GT AWD.