As everyone well knows, we recently purchased a 2018 Jeep® Grand Cherokee Trackhawk as one of our long-term vehicles. The supercharged 6.2-liter HELLCAT HEMI V8-powered Trackhawk has been to the track a couple of times already, but there were a few things we wanted to do to make our drag racing experience a little better. Enter the ZAutomotive Tazer programmer.
Now, this isn’t a paid endorsement nor did they supply the unit we are using, we paid the hefty $309.00 USD for the unit ourselves. So what we wanted more than anything was the ability, like the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon models is to run “Cool Down” mode between our passes. For those who don’t know of the function, cooldown can run the engine fan on high as well as the intercooler pump to allow maximum cooling when the vehicle is on the track, returning for a run, or sitting with the engine off in the pits.
Other cool features that the Tazer allows us to do to our Trackhawk…
- Light Shows – 6 quick accessible light shows are available with three custom modes to create yourself
- Forced RWD – forces all-wheel-drive (AWD) vehicles into a full-time rear-wheel-drive (RWD) configuration
- Forced AWD – forces the vehicle to stay completely in AWD, all the time
- Line Lock – uses ABS solenoids to lock the front wheels for burnouts at the track or just for
fun (AWD forced off during use)
- ECO Mode Off – ditches four-cylinder mode on HEMIs for full-time eight-cylinder performance
- In-Motion Nav – allows you to input directions into your navigation while the vehicle is in motion
… and many other features.
So just how well does the Tazer work on our 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk? Be sure to check out the video above to see all the details in-depth.
What do you think of the ZAutomotive Tazer? Leave your comments and questions below.