We have broke down the information on all of the new 2019 Dodge Challenger performance. From the 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack to the 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT Redeye, we have brought you the information, pictures, options and pricing. Now we are putting them into one post. We have had a lot of people asking us questions on what is the difference between this Challenger model compared to another. Now you can compare all the notes, pictures, options and pricing that suits your needs…
The New R/T Scat Pack Models:
First let’s look at the 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320. The Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 is powered by the 392 HEMI® V-8 that delivers 485 horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque and is mated to the quick-shifting TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission with class-exclusive TransBrake. It is equipped with specially developed Nexen SUR4G Drag Spec 275/40R20 street-legal drag radial tires that deliver maximum grip and offer repeatable quarter-mile times.
With a quarter-mile (1,320 feet) elapsed time (E.T.) of 11.7 seconds at 115 miles per hour (mph), the showroom-stock 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 is the fastest naturally aspirated, street-legal muscle car available.
To that base, Dodge//SRT engineers added drag specific components and technologies to deliver a street-to-strip value package while producing quick launches when the Christmas tree goes green. Features include:
- TorqueFlite 8HP70 eight-speed automatic transmission – required equipment for the R/T Scat Pack 1320, replacing the standard manual transmission on the Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
- TransBrake – locks the output shaft of the automatic transmission to hold the car stationary before a standing start
- Torque Reserve – works in conjunction with the TransBrake and Launch Control by managing fuel flow to cylinders and controlling spark advance or retard to balance engine rpm and torque to maximize power delivery and launch performance
- Nexen SUR4G Drag Spec 275/40R20 street-legal drag radials – all-new specially developed tires that deliver exceptional grip at the drag strip and on the street
- Preproduction testing shows that the Nexen tires demonstrate consistent run times with minimal burnout preparation at the drag strip
- SRT-tuned three-mode Adaptive Damping Suspension (ADS) electronically retuned for the Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320
- Includes Drag Mode that, when engaged, optimizes weight transfer to the rear for best launch traction
- Standard interior configuration has driver’s seat only to help reduce weight by approximately 114 pounds; front passenger seat and rear seat are available individually as $1 options
- Performance-tuned asymmetrical limited-slip differential with 3.09 final drive
- Extreme-duty 41-spline rear axle half shafts adopted from the Challenger SRT Demon
- Line Lock – engages the front brakes to hold the Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 stationary, but leaves the rear wheels free for a burnout to heat up and clean the rear tires
- Launch Assist – uses wheel speed sensors to watch for driveline-damaging wheel hop at launch and, in milliseconds, modifies the engine torque to regain full grip
- Launch Control – controls tire slip during straight-line acceleration
- Low Gloss Black 20 x 9.5-inch aluminum-forged wheels with knurled bead seats to minimize tire slip on the wheel
- Brembo High-performance Brake Package with four-piston calipers
The Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 comes with the 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen that enables the driver to engage Launch Control and Line Lock within the Performance Control app. It also lets the driver select modes, including Drag Mode and Adaptive Damping Suspension, while working with the steering-wheel-mounted shift paddles to activate the TransBrake.
As drag racers know, the results tell the story. In drag strip testing compared with a Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack, the 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 shaves .3 seconds off the quarter-mile time to 11.7 seconds at 115 mph and cuts .3 seconds off the 0-60 mph acceleration time to 3.8 seconds.
The second completely new R/T Scat Pack model for 2019 is the R/T Scat Pack Widebody. New for 2019, all Challenger R/T Scat Pack models get a new look, courtesy of the 2018 Challenger SRT HELLCAT. The power-bulge aluminum hood features a dedicated air intake flanked by dual-air extractors to ensure effective removal of heat and reduced front lift. Standard illuminated Air Catcher headlamps feed additional air directly into the engine bay.
Also new for 2019, R/T Scat Pack buyers can leverage the on-track performance capabilities of the SRT HELLCAT Widebody.
Featuring the same fender flares from SRT HELLCAT Widebody, which add 3.5 inches to the overall width, the new R/T Scat Pack Widebody rides on sticky 305/35ZR20 Pirelli tires mounted to 20 x 11-inch forged “Devil’s Rim” aluminum wheels.
Many high-performance features are now standard on all a Challenger R/T Scat Pack models, including:
- Launch Control
- Launch Assist
- Line Lock
- SRT Drive Modes
- SRT Performance Pages
The Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody adds:
- SRT-tuned chassis, featuring stiffer front springs, retuned shock absorbers and larger sway bars in both front and rear
- SRT-tuned high-performance adaptive damping suspension
- Front fascia with integrated splitter optimizes airflow to the cooling modules without compromising vehicle balance
- Rear spoiler from the HELLCAT helps to deliver more downforce and better balance
As a result, the R/T Scat Pack Widebody delivers its best on-road and on-track performance ever, with an improvement of close to 2 seconds per lap or 12 car lengths compared with the R/T Scat Pack. In a quarter-mile comparison, the new Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody gained .2 seconds – running 12.1 seconds E.T. at 112 mph.
We have a breakdown of pricing and options on the 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack models, which you can find HERE:
The New SRT HELLCAT Models:
The 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT receives a new dual-snorkel hood and a new airbox thanks from the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon. This allows the 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT to gain an additional 10 horsepower and 6 lb.-ft. of torque.
Standard on 2019 SRT HELLCAT models are 20 x 9.5-inch SRT Low Gloss Black lightweight performance wheels while new 20 x 9.5-inch split five-spoke wheels with Brass Monkey finish are available.
Customers opting for the Widebody Package will get available split-five spoke, 20 x 11-inch “Devil’s Rim” forged aluminum wheels, riding on sticky 305/35ZR20 Pirelli P-Zero tires for improved performance while accentuating the menacing look.
All 2019 Challenger SRT HELLCAT models are loaded with standard performance features, including:
- Adaptive Damping Suspension — SRT-tuned Bilstein three-mode Adaptive Damping Suspension system includes: Auto Mode = sporty but compliant ride; Sport Mode = firm, maximum handling; Track Mode = firm, maximum handling plus performance shifting and gear-holding feature
- Braking system — braking power comes from the standard Brembo brake system with two-piece, 15.4-inch front rotors and six-piston front calipers for outstanding heat management, thermal capacity and longevity
- Electric power steering (EPS) — electric power steering delivers better steering feel and ease of turning efforts at parking lot speeds. It can be calibrated to optimize steering effort for a variety of driving situations via settings in the SRT Performance Pages
- Launch Assist — launched on the Challenger SRT Demon as a factory-production car first, Launch Assist helps resolve one of the biggest challenges to clean launches and driveline integrity – wheel hop, which happens when tires quickly slip and regain traction at launch, rapidly storing up and releasing energy in the driveline. These high torque spikes can quickly and severely damage driveline components, and up until now, the only solution was to back out of the throttle. The 2019 Challenger SRT HELLCAT models use the wheel speed sensors to watch for signs that the tires are slipping/sticking. If hop is detected, the engine control module momentarily reduces torque to maximize traction almost instantly – without the driver having to lift the throttle. Launch Assist reduces loads in the driveline from wheel hop by up to 20 percent
- Torque Reserve — becomes active once the engine speed passes 950 rpm. The system closes the bypass valve, “prefilling” the intake with boost, manages fuel flow to cylinders and manages spark timing to balance engine rpm and torque
- Launch Control — holds the engine at optimal launch RPM and waits for the driver to release the brake. Launch Ccontrol then uses engine torque management to optimize wheel slip for maximum acceleration. All 2019 Challenger models with Launch Control receive an improved system that increases hold time from five to 10 seconds for optimal launch and consistent straight-line acceleration
- Line Lock — engages the front brakes to hold the Challenger stationary but leaves the rear wheels free for a burnout to heat up and clean the rear tires. The system will also let the driver perform a controlled rolling burnout and can engage for up to 200 rear wheel revolutions
- Larger induction air box — with three sources of intake air: new dual-snorkel hood, driver-side Air Catcher headlamp and inlet near the wheel liner
- SRT Drive Modes — accessed via the 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen, drivers can tailor their experience by adjusting horsepower, transmission shift speeds, steering effort, paddle shifters, traction and suspension settings. SRT Drive Modes offer selectable settings for Street (Auto), Sport and Track. There is also a Custom setting for the driver to select individual preferences
- SRT Performance Pages — bring critical vehicle performance data to the driver’s fingertips, including a real-time dyno graph, g-force heat map and much more
To see the full options and pricing list for the SRT HELLCAT and the SRT HELLCAT Widebody, you can click HERE:
The New SRT HELLCAT Redeye Models:
Designed and engineered with more power to appeal to an even broader muscle car enthusiast audience, the heart of the new 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT Redeye comes from its limited-production big brother – the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon. The supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI high-output V-8 engine is rated at 797 horsepower and 707 lb.-ft. of torque and is mated to a TorqueFlite 8HP90 eight-speed automatic transmission.
Like its Demon brethren, it has 25 major component upgrades, including a larger supercharger, strengthened connecting rods and pistons, high-speed valve train, fuel injection system and improved lubrication system.
Compared with the standard SRT HELLCAT engine, the Redeye’s supercharged high-output engine features:
- Largest factory supercharger of any production car – 2.7 liters versus 2.4 liters
- Increased boost pressure: 14.5 psi versus 11.6 psi
- Higher rpm limit: 6,500 rpm versus 6,200 rpm
- Fuel: Two dual-stage fuel pumps versus one
- At full throttle, the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye’s high-output engine consumes 1.43 gal/min (5.4 liters/min) of fuel – enough to drain the fuel tank in just under 11 minutes, yet is still rated at 22 miles per gallon (mpg) when driven in normal highway conditions
- Larger induction air box with three sources of intake air:
- New dual-snorkel hood
- Driver-side Air Catcher headlamp
- Inlet near the wheel liner
Additional features from the SRT Demon that help the Challenger SRT HELLCAT Redeye achieve its status as the most powerful, quickest and fastest muscle car:
- Torque Reserve delivers up to 3.9 psi of boost at launch and up to 55 percent more engine torque
- Only factory production car with both SRT Power Chiller™ and After-Run Chiller
- High-strength steel prop shafts provide a 15 percent increase in torque capacity
- 41-spline half shafts provide a 20 percent increase in torque capacity
New for 2019, SRT HELLCAT Redeye offers two final drive ratios, a standard 2.62:1 or available 3.09:1 for enhanced launch capability.
The 2019 Challenger SRT HELLCAT lineup delivers improved performance numbers, including a new top speed of 203 miles per hours (mph), making the Challenger SRT HELLCAT Redeye the most powerful, quickest and fastest muscle car.
To see the complete options list and pricing of the SRT HELLCAT Redeye and SRT HELLCAT Redeye Widebody, you can click HERE: