Last week, we wrote an article about the Big Horn Sport model had finally be released for the Canadian market after spotting them on lots near Vancouver, British Columbia. We thought it was odd, that Ram Canada never made an official announcement, so we reached out to them about the release of the Big Horn Sport with no return response. However, our friends from Frontier Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Ltd. in Smithers, British Columbia filled us in on the confusion.
After Ram announced the launch of the Big Horn North Edition in the United States, Ram Canada sent its Canadian-dealers an official statement with information on the debut of the Canadian version of the truck. In December of last year, the brand released a second statement to dealers announcing the package for the Canadian market. This time, it was to tell dealers what packages to order to equip their orders to be equal to the American version of the truck.
While the trucks are equal to the American version of the Big Horn North Edition, there is one confusing difference. The American versions of the truck come with “4×4” decals on the sides of the bed, whereas the Canadian version has the full “4×4 Off-Road” decals.
But lets breakdown the Canadian 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn North Edition 4×4…
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4×4 (only).
- North Edition Group – Monochromatic appearance, E-Locker Rear Axle, Hill Descent Control, Heavy Duty Front & Rear Shocks with 1-inch Lift, Full Skid Plate Group, Tow Hooks, Power/Heated Mirrors, Front/Rear Rubber Floor Mats and “4×4 Off-Road” Decal on the Bedsides. $1,870 MSRP (CAD)
- Big Horn Level 2 Equipment Group (A63) – Uconnect 8.4-inch Touchscreen, SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 12 Month Subscription, Remote Start, Heated Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Class IV Receiver Hitch, Dampened Tailgate, Rear Power Sliding Window with Defrost, 400W PowerInverter, 115V Aux Power Outlet, Security Alarm, Universal Garage Door Opener, 7-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT) Cluster, Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Controls and Front/Rear Parksense. $2,995 MSRP (CAD)
- Deluxe Cloth Bucket Seats (*T9) – Power 8-Way Driver Seat, Power 4-Way Lumbar, Full Length/Adjustable Center Console and Rear 60/40 Folding Seats. Included.
- 20-Inch Chrome Clad Wheels (WRD) – Equipped with Falken 275/55R20 All-Terrain Tires. $1,045 MSRP (CAD)
- Premium Lighting Group (AD6) – LED Reflector Headlamps, LED Fog Lamps and LED Tail Lamps. $1,095 MSRP (CAD)
The Big Horn North Edition offers Canadian’s looking for that monochromatic look, a much more reasonable option. We reached out to several other dealers across Canada, most of which have started ordering and receiving the North Edition trucks already. So if you are in Canada, looking for a monochromatic look and wanting the most affordable sporty option, you might just want to look towards the North Edition.
Canadian 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn North Edition Image Gallery: