The Chrysler 300 Series (LX) returns for 2023, in what appears to be the classic American rear-wheel drive (RWD) sedan’s last year in production. The 300 continues to deliver a lineup packed with segment-exclusive features, advanced technology, performance, and luxury that are a bargain in today’s automotive market.
With all of the recent focus on the 392 HEMI-powered 2023 Chrysler 300C Limited Edition, today, we thought we would take a look at the opposite of the 300 spectrum: the 2023 Chrysler 300 Touring.
The 300 Touring is the entry-level vehicle in the 300 lineup, but don’t let that fool you into thinking it’s just a random rental car. Instead, what you get is a well-appointed sedan with a lot of the looks and options of the new 300C, for a lot less money.
Let’s start with the powertrain. Instead of the 485 horsepower 6.4-liter (392 cubic-inch) HEMI V8, the Touring model has a modest 3.6-liter (220 cubic-inch) Pentastar V6 that puts out 292 horsepower (218 kW) and 260 lb.-ft. (353 N•m) of torque.
The Pentastar is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission and offered in either rear-wheel drive (RWD) or all-wheel drive (AWD) system with a front-axle disconnect. The AWD system features a front-axle disconnect that engages at any speed without the need for driver input and enables optimal traction and control based on a variety of inputs, including environment/weather conditions, driving styles and road surfaces.
Standard Equipment –
The 2023 Chrysler 300 Touring comes with a number of standard features. This includes the following:
- 17-Inch x 7.0-Inch Painted Cast Aluminum Wheels
- P215/65R17 Low Rolling Resistance Tires
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Color Mirror Caps
- Chrome Headlamp Bezels
- Chrome Daylight Opening (DLO) Surround Molding
- Bright Grille with Bright Surround
- Power Heated Mirrors
- Choice Between Black or Black/Linen Cloth Seats
- 4-Way Power Driver Seat
- Driver Seat Lumbar Adjustment
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Cruise Control
- Security Alarm
- Keyless Go / Proximity Entry
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Rear Camera
- 8.4-Inch Uconnect 4C Touchscreen
Optional Equipment –
Now, when it comes to options, there are really only two optional packages available for the 2023 Chrysler 300 Touring.
The first is the SafetyTec Plus Group, which includes:
- Remote Start
- Front/Rear Park Sense
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop
- Advanced Brake-Assist
- Automatic High-Beam Headlamp-Control
- Full-Speed Forward-Collision Warning Plus
- Lane-Departure Warning Plus
- Rain-Sensitive Windshield Wipers
- Compact Spare Tire
The SafetyTec Plus Group will add $2,545 to the price of the 300 Touring.
The second option package is the Sport Appearance Package. This is one we highly recommend, as it ditches the standard 300 looks on RWD, in favor of the same looks found on the 300S and 300C. The Sport Appearance Package features the following features:
- 20-Inch x 8.0-Inch Black Noise Aluminum Wheels (RWD)
- 245/45R20 BSW All-Season Performance Tires (RWD)
- 19-Inch x 7.5-Inch Black Noise Painted Wheels (AWD)
- Black Chrome 300S Grille Surround
- Black Headlamp Bezels
- Black LED Tail Lamps
- “Black Noise 300” Badge
- “Black Noise” Wing Badges with Black Insert
- Compact Spare Tire
- Gloss-Black Daylight Opening (DLO) Surround Molding
- Gloss-Black Front Fascia Applique
The Sport Appearance Package adds $1,500 to the Chrysler 300 Touring, and we say it’s well worth it.
Cabin Air Filter –
The Chrysler clear air filtration system is standard on all Chrysler 300 vehicles and filters 95% of air particulates, reducing many types of solid and liquid airborne matter, such as dust, smoke, droplets, and aerosols, resulting in the cleanest cabin air ever in a Chrysler vehicle.
The 2023 Chrysler 300 will be offered in different 6 exterior colors. Those colors include the following…
- Bright White (PW7) – N/C
- Frostbite (PCA) – $495
- Gloss Black (PX8) – N/C
- Granite Crystal (PAU) – $195
- Silver Mist (PSE) – $195
- Velvet Red (PRV) – $495
The 2023 Chrysler 300 Touring has a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $33,545 (excluding $1,595 for destination). If you opt for AWD, it will set you back an additional $2,750.
For more information about availability, you can visit your local Chrysler dealer.