Street racing is back on historic Woodward Avenue! Roadkill Nights Powered by Dodge returns to the grounds of M1 Concourse in Pontiac, Michigan for a celebration of classic cars and car culture with legal street drag racing, classic and modern muscle car show, exhilarating interactive experiences, and immersive, fun-filled activities. And if you can make the event, we have you covered with the LIVE broadcast streaming here on MoparInsiders.com.
Last year’s popular online automotive builder showdown, won last year by Alex Taylor, will return for 2022 with a new twist. Dodge Direct Connection Grudge Race competitors will use Direct Connection parts to build their own drag-race machine for Woodward to go head-to-head on the strip. Direct Connection parts available as “building blocks” for competitors will include the Hellcrate Redeye 6.2L Supercharged Crate HEMI® engine and a plug-and-play Hellcrate Redeye 6.2L Supercharged Crate HEMI Engine Control Unit (ECU).
Also returning for 2022 are Dodge thrill and drift rides in Challenger and Charger SRT Hellcats, where participants can go for the rides of their lives as the supercharged HEMI® cuts the tires loose on the M1 Concourse skidpad and north loop portion of the track. There will also be a new TRX off-road thrill ride for participants.
Other returning fan favorites include the high-octane virtual head-to-head racing in Dodge Challenger SRT Demon simulators; classic and modern muscle car show; dyno testing; “Roadkill” stunts; flamethrower, wheel stander, pro-mod exhibitions; family-friendly activities; and an eclectic array of food truck offerings (subject to change).
Event Schedule –
- 10:00 a.m. – M1 Concourse Gates Open
- 11:00 a.m. – Drag Racing Open Qualifying Begins
- 1:00-3:00 p.m. – Automotive Content Creator Autograph Signing in Midway Roadkill Tent
- 3:15-4:00 p.m. – Dodge Direct Connection Grudge Match Drag Racing Practice
- 4:00 p.m. – Drag Racing Open Qualifying Ends
- 4:45 p.m. – Dodge Direct Connection Grudge Match Begins
- 5:45 p.m. – Roadkill Nights Top 8 Shootout Drivers Announced
- 6:00-6:15 p.m. – Mayor’s Showdown, Wheelstanders, Rae Ripple Exhibition Runs
- 6:15 p.m. – Roadkill Nights 2022 Opening Ceremonies and National Anthem
- 6:30 p.m. – Roadkill Nights Top 8 Shootout Begins
- 8:00 p.m. – Dodge Thrill Rides Close
- 8:30 p.m. – Roadkill Nights Top 8 Shootout Winners Awards Ceremony
- 9:00 p.m. – All Drag Strip Activities Conclude, M1 Concourse Gates Close