The 2022 Jeep® Gladiator (JT) arrived in the Brazilian marketplace in Q3 2022, marking the brand’s first entry into the country’s premium truck segment. With a cost equivalent of nearly $100,000 USD, it was a shock that the entire allotment of 322 units was sold out in just 3 hours.
Fast forward to today, and Jeep is ready to launch the 2023 model. Offered in only the off-road-oriented Rubicon trim, the 2023 Jeep Gladiator looks to continue its success with minor changes.
The biggest change is the addition to the list of standard features. For example, the Brazilian Gladiator now includes a Mopar spray-in bedliner for added protection to the bed. The 2023 model comes with the following standard features:
- 3.6-liter Pentastar V6
- 8-speed 850RE 8-speed automatic transmission
- Rock-Trac® 4×4 drive system
- Electronic locking Tru-Lok® differentials
- Dana 44 axles
- Front TrailCam® off-road camera
- Front stabilizer bar with electronic disconnect
- 17-inch wheels with all-terrain tires
- Hill Descent Control (HDC)
- Off-Road Pages
- Off-Road+ system
- Freedom Top® removable body-colored hard top
- Removable doors
- Folding windshield
- 2 tow hooks (front), 1 tow hook (rear)
- LED headlights and fog lights
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Blind-Spot Monitoring (BSM)
- 8.4-inch Uconnect® 4C multimedia screen with Navigation
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 9-Speaker Alpine premium audio system with Subwoofer
- Alpine portable speaker
- 7-inch digital cluster
- USB ports (type A & C)
- Rear parking sensor
- Reverse camera
- Cross-path detection
- Dual-zone climate control
- Remote start
- Hill start assist (HSA)
- Leather seats
- 220-volt outlet in bed
- Tire pressure monitoring (TPM)
- Mopar spray-in bedliner
Under the hood, the 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 engine with Engine Start/Stop (ESS) is the only available powerplant in Brazil. Delivering 285 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque, the Pentastar was engineered to provide a broad torque band with a focus on low-end torque, an essential trait needed for extreme off-roading. There is also no manual transmission option, as the 8-speed 850RE TorqueFlite automatic transmission is standard.
The Gladiator Rubicon is equipped with some of the best off-road equipment on the market…
- Rock-Trac® 4×4 Drive System – The Rock-Trac 4×4 System gives you more control and more torque, offering superior off-road performance with a 4:1 low-gear ratio that lets you crawl at a lower speed with a greater increase in torque at the wheels.
- Electronic Tru-Loc® Differential Lock – This feature mechanically locks the axles causing both wheels to spin at the same speed and preventing the non-ground wheels from spinning. It provides the wheel in contact with the ground with the maximum torque possible to overcome the most difficult obstacles. Gladiator Rubicon offers two ways to maximize steering: locking the rear axle only or the rear + front axles together. In this condition, it delivers maximum power to the wheels to help in any adventure, in any off-road situation, and always with maximum traction. In addition, the rear axle can be locked in 4HI mode, for use at high speeds in low-friction terrain, especially in dunes.
- Electronic Stabilizer Bar Disconnect – For the toughest terrain, the front sway bar disconnect, done electronically via the “Sway Bar” button, increases suspension articulation by an additional 30%, allowing the front axle to work more freely and both wheels to maintain contact. with the ground, ensuring greater traction capacity.
- Off-Road Plus Mode – When activated, automatically adjusts the Jeep Gladiator pickup to the conditions of the terrain. It works on the main pickup systems, such as accelerator, Select-Speed control, traction control, and gear shifts, in order to ensure optimal performance for the terrain. If enabled in 4-HI, it adapts operation to higher speeds, for use on dunes for example. If enabled in 4-LO, it adjusts operation for low-speed off-roading, ideal for rock crawling.
- TrailCam Off-Road Camera – The TrailCam Off-Road Front Camera offers grid lines that show the path ahead of the tires, allowing the rider to literally face any obstacle head-on. To enhance the experience, a built-in nozzle lets you clean any mud splashes on the camera with the simple touch of a button.
- Rock Rails – Helps secure the cab with steel rails from wheel to wheel. Plus, steel rails behind the rear wheels help protect the wheel arch, allowing the driver to navigate rough terrain without worry.
- Off-Road Tow Hooks – Typical off-road necessity, the front, and rear tow hooks are perfect for helping smaller-capacity vehicles off-road in difficulties.
- Off-Road Pages – Real-time access to off-road performance data that optimizes the experience during adventures, such as pitch and tilt, altitude, coordinates, and transmission temperature.
- Dana® 4×4 Axles – The Dana® 44 front and rear axles featured on this vehicle feature extra-strong, forged tubes for exceptional strength, rigidity, and durability.
- Off-Road Use Protectors – High-strength steel plates help protect important components such as the crankcase, transmission, fuel tank, and transfer case from damage that can be caused during the adventure.
Customers will be able to choose from 5 exterior colors that include:
- Firecracker Red
- Bright White
- Granite Crystal
The Gladiator Rubicon will come with a 3-year warranty for the Brazilian market. The 2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon will have a Manufacturer’s Suggest Retail Price (MSRP) of R$ 499,990 (or about $98,575 USD).
Brazilian-Spec 2023 Jeep® Gladiator Rubicon Image Gallery: