The 2021 model year marks the 80th Anniversary of the Jeep® brand. To celebrate, the iconic off-road brand is introducing a series of “80th Anniversary” models for the entire lineup of 2021 Jeep vehicles. This includes the newest vehicle to join the lineup, the midsized Jeep Gladiator pickup. Gladiator was engineered from the ground up to be the most off-road capable Jeep truck ever, builds on a rich heritage of tough, dependable trucks with an unmatched combination of rugged utility, authentic Jeep design, open-air freedom, clever functionality, and versatility.
The 2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary Edition is based on the budget-friendly Sport S model. The package adds a ton of special content to the Gladiator, creating a unique buzz model that will only be available for this model year.
Powertrain options include a 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 with Engine Stop-Start (ESS) and, new for 2021, the 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6 engine with ESS. Jeep Gladiator’s Pentastar engine delivers 285 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque and is engineered to provide a broad torque band and features up to 1,700 lbs. of payload and up to 7,650 lbs. of towing capacity with the available Max Towing Package.
The new EcoDiesel V6 engine is rated at 260 horsepower and stump-pulling 442 lb.-ft. of torque. To handle greater torque loads, the EcoDiesel V6 connects to a TorqueFlite 8HP75 8-speed automatic transmission, calibrated for low rpm shifts.
The 2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary Edition does force the customer to choose the optional 8-speed automatic transmission for an additional $2,000, no matter the choice of powertrain.
The 80th Anniversary Edition includes the following equipment…
- 80th Anniversary Fender Badges
- Gray/Black Jeep Badges and Trail Rated Badge
- Neutral Grey Metallic Grille Bezels, Headlamp Rings, and Fog Lamp Bezels
- 18-Inch x 7.5-Inch Granite Crystal Aluminum Wheels
- Bridgestone Dueler 255/70R18 BSW All-Terrain Tires
- 8.4-Inch Radio and Premium Audio Group
- Technology Group
- Diamond Embossed Cloth Seats
- Light Tungsten Accent Stitching
- Anodized Gunmetal Dash Mid Bolster
- 80th Anniversary Console Badge
- 80th Anniversary Front Seat Tags
- Berber Floor Mats Accent Stitching
There are still a lot of options that can be chosen on the special edition model. Those options include…
- Splash Guards – Vehicle Set by Mopar – $150
- Dual Top Group – $2,395
- Premium Black Sunrider Soft Top – $595
- Black Freedom Top 3-Piece Hardtop – $1,395
- Mesh Sunbonnet Top by Mopar – $150
- Solid Sunbonnet Top by Mopar – $250
- Black Tubular Side Steps by Mopar – $625
- Side Steps – $695
- Heavy Duty Rock Slider with Step Assist – $1,050
- Roll-Up Tonneau Cover – $595
- Soft Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover – $625
- Hard Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover – $995
- Spray-In Bedliner – $495
- Wireless Bluetooth Speaker – $295
- Windshield Tie-Down Strap – $40
- Soft Top Window Storage Bag – $75
- Interior Assist Handles – $95
- Black Door Sill Guards – $125
- Jeep Trail-Rated Kit – $200
- Remote-Proximity Keyless-Entry – $545
- Convenience Group – $395
- Adaptive Cruise Control/Forward Collision Warning-Plus – $795
- Jeep Active Safety Group – $995
- Auxiliary Switch Group – $295
- Cold Weather Group – $695
- Cargo Management Group with Trail Rail System – $895
- Smoker’s Group – $30
- Trailer-Tow Package – $350
- 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 with ESS – Standard
- 8-Speed Automatic 850RE Transmission – $2,000
- 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6 with ESS – $4,000
- 8-Speed 8HP75 Automatic Transmission – $2,000
- Trac-Lok® Anti-Spin Rear Differential – $595
- Selec-Trac® Full-Time 4WD System – $695
- Engine Block Heater – $95
The 2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary Edition is available in seven exterior colors. Those colors include Bright White, Granite Crystal, Black, Hydro Blue, Snazzberry, Firecracker Red, and Sarge (late-availability). Every color with the exception of Bright White is an additional $245.
The starting U.S. Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of the 2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary is $41,740 (excluding taxes, title, and other fees). Ordering is currently open for the new package (2TQ). For more information or availability, you can contact your local Jeep dealer.