Hot Wheels is gearing up for its annual Legends Tour, a worldwide search for the coolest custom cars that will be turned into 1/64-scale models. The 2023 edition of the tour will travel across 17 countries, kicking off next month in Miami, Florida, and culminating with the selection of a global winner in November.
With America being a stronghold of custom-car culture, it’s no surprise that the tour will make nine stops across the United States. The Miami event will be held on May 13th. The rest of the stops across the U.S. include:
- May 13th – in Miami, Florida – Walmart Doral – View Facebook Event
- May 20th – in Charlotte, North Carolina – Walmart Monroe – View Facebook Event
- May 27th – in Atlanta, Georgia – Walmart Buford – Sardis Church Rd – View Facebook Event
- June 10th – in Detroit, Michigan – Walmart Dearborn – View Facebook Event
- June 24th – in Chicago, Illinois – Walmart Romeoville – View Facebook Event
- July 8th – in Houston, Texas – Walmart Supercenter Tomball – Kuykendahl Rd – View Facebook Event
- September 9th – in Dallas, Texas – Walmart North Richland Hills – NE Loop 820 – View Facebook Event
- September 23rd – in Phoenix, Arizona – Walmart Gilbert – S Market St – View Facebook Event
- October 14th – Mobil 1 Finale Rally – in El Segundo, California – Link Coming Soon
According to Ted Wu, Mattel’s Vice President and Global Head of Design, over 10,000 incredible cars were entered in last year’s Hot Wheels Legends Tour. He expects even more custom builds this year, making 2023 the most competitive Legends Tour yet.
Enthusiasts can submit their one-of-a-kind hot rods for consideration by visiting the Legends Tour website. Judges from the automotive and entertainment spectrum will select the global winner in November. Hopefully, it will be some type of Mopar this time!