The Mopar and Dodge//SRT brand is continuing its support of the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) and its 70th anniversary season, beginning with the 52nd Annual Amalie Motor Oil Gatornationals in Gainesville, Florida this weekend.
The Mopar Contingency Program continues its long-running presentation of monetary awards to recognize wins or runner-up finishes for grassroots racers running a Mopar contingency decal and using specified parts, including the brand’s valve covers, intake manifolds, and cylinder heads. Similarly, the Dodge Top Finisher Award will provide cash prizes to Stock Eliminator and Super Stock drivers of a Mopar-powered Dodge, Chrysler, or Plymouth race car, which advances the furthest in eliminations at each 2021 NHRA national event.
Both brands’ Sportsman class support will continue to be highlighted by the return of the Dodge HEMI Challenge, a fan-favorite showcase of iconic 426 HEMI-powered Super Stock 1968 Dodge Dart and Plymouth Barracuda models battling head-to-head, set to celebrate its 20th anniversary during the 2021 Dodge//SRT U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis on September 2nd to the 3rd.
Mopar and Dodge//SRT will also debut the much-anticipated fourth-generation 2021 Dodge Challenger Mopar Drag Pak this NHRA season in the SAMTech.edu Factory Stock Showdown Series, an 8-race series in the Sportsman class, with Don Schumacher Racing (DSR) prepared entries driven by Leah Pruett and Mark Pawuk.
Additionally, Mopar, Dodge//SRT, and the NHRA have teamed up for a multi-year full media package that will include NHRA on FOX commercials and integration. In order to share the brands’ enthusiasm with fans attending races, Dodge//SRT and Mopar offer a massive 4,800-square-foot exhibit, one of the largest displays in the NHRA’s Manufacturers Midway.
Among the exhibit’s interactive features are Dodge Challenger SRT Demon simulators for competitive NHRA fans to virtually race themselves, as well as the opportunity to see and feel the experience of drag racing from the driver’s seat aboard an actual Mopar Dodge Charger Funny Car simulator.
Mopar & Dodge//SRT Contingency Programs –
- $300 to win and $100 to the runner-up at all 22 NHRA Camping World National Events for NHRA Sportsman Classes (Stock, Super Stock, Super Gas, and Super Street). All participating cars MUST have Mopar Engine Assembly, Intake Manifold, and Valve Covers.
- $100 to win and $50 to the runner-up at all 45 regional Lucas Oil Drag Racing Events across the country.
- $1,000 to win and $500 to the runner-up for Drag Pak racers at all 22 NHRA Camping World National Events
- $2,500 to win and $1,000 to the runner-up for Drag Pak racers at all 8 SAMTech.edu Factory Stock Showdown Series Events
- Collect up to $1,000 to win elimination winners at select NHRA Camping World National Events in Stock Eliminator and Super Stock
- $500 to the Dodge//SRT and Mopar who advances the furthest during eliminations in both Stock and Super Stock classes (must run Mopar contingency decals to get payout)
Loading new replies...
Join the full discussion at the Mopar Insiders Forum →