Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is FCA killing the Hemi?

TripleT

Reaction score
Marspeed is doing good work and quoting this site. You will often see this question. Marspeed answers. it

1689618363980.png

Moparound

Reaction score
No wish to hi-jack this thread, but hopefully on a related note, have read that the end of this month for ordering a Challenger or Charger. Is this notice for all Challengers and Chargers or just the special editions? Thought ordering was open till end of year??

Mopar392

Reaction score
Marspeed is doing good work and quoting this site. You will often see this question. Marspeed answers. it

View attachment 8407
This is not the reason to kill only the HEMI but even the Hurricane.
In the GW, the Hurricane is only 2mpg better. Using that as a base, you’d still be paying around $1200-1400 in fines.

Cars are already getting expensive every model year.
Would one want to pay these fines if it was added to the MSRP?
I know I would if I can still get my 6.4HEMI on the next Challenger.

TripleT

Reaction score
This is not the reason to kill only the HEMI but even the Hurricane.
In the GW, the Hurricane is only 2mpg better. Using that as a base, you’d still be paying around $1200-1400 in fines.

Cars are already getting expensive every model year.
Would one want to pay these fines if it was added to the MSRP?
I know I would if I can still get my 6.4HEMI on the next Challenger.
First off using a 6500lb brick as your bases is an error. And the Hurricane is nearly a second faster zero to 60. There are other compliance issues. The Wagoneer isn't the issue the volume are too low, the issue is the RAM and the Charger, it adds up to a lot when you do total volumes.

I love my 392 but no I not going to Pay $2k+ to be slower and less efficient, just to have a more complicated ticking engine without spinning mufflers. The performance and mileage differences only grow as the weight comes down. Yeah, no I am not paying to be embarrassed by the Hurricane. And that not how market place works in the first place people go in to pay a price, whether you tack it on at the end or not. We here are well informad buyers. The fines come right out of the margins no matter how you show it on the deal sheet.

"I just got killed in the 0-60 and devasted in 1/4 but it sounded better from behind" is rarely said.

Users who are viewing this thread