Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"What If" The Australians Got Their Own Winged Charger?

In 1969, Dodge was in a head-to-head battle with Ford on the NASCAR scene. Dodge struggled on bigger super-speedway tracks due to the poor aerodynamics of its popular Dodge Charger. After failing to dominate with its more aerodynamic Charger 500 model, Chrysler Corporation put its best engineering on a project that would ultimately turn the … (read full article...)

Image 49.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

jal11180

Reaction score
No V8 means no true muscle car, and there were also Chrysler (Australia/Oceania) Valiant models that did, in fact, have V8 Hemi power under the hood, and ditto for Chrysler (Brazil/South America)/Dodge (Brazil/South America) Dart Charger models as well. Moreover, I am convinced that Chrysler (Australia/Oceania), would have been using a modified B-body vehicle frame for the Chrysler (Australia/Oceania) Valiant Charger Bathurst, while the Dodge (Brazil/South America) Dart Charger would already have the necessary V8 Hemi engine, as well as B-body parts and frame, that were in the USA, Canada, and Mexico, and it would have most likely had the designations of Dodge (Brazil/South America) Dart Charger Interlagos, the Dodge (Brazil/South America) Dart Charger Tarumã, or the Dodge (Brazil/South America) Dart Charger Autódromo.

Mike201

Reaction score
Never liked these Australian Dodges. They look to much like the U.S. 1968-70 Ford Torino’s.

jal11180

Reaction score
Never liked these Australian Dodges. They look to much like the U.S. 1968-70 Ford Torino’s.
Maybe, but I like their designs, even IF I am from the USA. Basically, I consider the Chrysler (Australia/Oceania) Valiant/Valiant Charger to be essentially their version of the Dodge (North America) Challenger/Plymouth 'Cuda/Barracuda of the time. Also, one could argue that the Dodge (North America) Colt/Challenger, Plymouth (North America) Sapporo, Mitsubishi (Australia/Oceania) Scorpion, Chrysler (Australia/Oceania) Scorpion, Chrysler (Australia/Oceania) Sigma Scorpion, Colt (UK) Scorpion, and Mitsubishi (North America/Japan) Galant Lambda are all too similar in appearance to the Third Generation (USA/Canada) Ford Mustang, the Third Generation (Mexico) Ford Mustang, and the Second Generation Mercury (USA) Capri as well if you want to toss around that argument.

Users who are viewing this thread