Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warren Stamping UAW Members Vote To Strike Over Conditions

In a decisive move reflecting growing discontent, United Auto Workers (UAW) members at Stellantis’ Warren Stamping Plant have voted to favor a strike, citing unresolved safety issues within the facility. The vote, which saw 72% in favor and 28% opposed, underscores the urgency felt by workers regarding the conditions they face on the job. “Not only do we want these health and safety grievances resolved, we want our members to leave the same way they came,” asserted Romaine McKinney III, President of UAW Local 869. ”We want members to understand they’re not just a number or just a body on … (read full article...)

Image 143.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hemi_Dart

Reaction score
Looks like another round of Firings are around the corner now. It's sad how selfish and short sited people are. VW Chattanooga will see the same fate.

bill burke

Reaction score
Having been a legal representative for union member I have seen the good and bad of unionism. When asked, I always stated that my fundamental guide in defending individuals was the contract. Act in compliance, you win, violate the contract, my client wins. Strikes are ugly, but working conditions are non-negotiable. More time for negotiation on health and safety is an insulting ploy.
Sadly, with power comes abuses and those who abuse know the “game” and how to benefit financially from it. The worker, quite frankly, can often be the victims and without union representation, they would be used just as described, as a number on a job without dignity, by both management and union leadership.
Travares is paid millions and worker restrooms are unsanitary. Not acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread