Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated Ram Heavy Duty Coming Later This Year

Updated Ram Heavy Duty Coming Later This Year​

HEMI® Power Will Stay, New 8-Speed Powerline Automatic Coming...​

tempImageSU15Qq.png

Although Ram is just gearing up to launch its updated 2025 Ram 1500 (DT) pickups, the focus will now move to the brand’s Heavy Duty offerings. Ram has struggled to sell its 2500/3500 Heavy Duty pickups, with the two trucks making the top-10 worst-selling vehicles last month. Several reasons are playing a factor in the lack of sales in the Heavy Duty segment. While high interest rates might be one of them, the Ram Heavy Duty lineup is now the oldest offering on the market; however, that is about to change.

Last edited by a moderator:

1960D500

Reaction score
I am a long time ram truck owner, just picked up a left over 1500 longhorn, had to have one more Hemi and no incentives on the 24s. The 25s were not much different in my opinion. Ram seems to struggle with innovation lately Dodge Ram was a lot more on the ball with lots of cool offerings.

So the updated 25 heavy duties will still have a 16 year old cab and basically the same drivetrains other than the 8 speed and they wonder why they are lagging in sales, whoever cancelled the 7.0 litre hemi should of been fired if they don’t at least match Fords 500/1200 ratings whats the point.

fernonvi.

Reaction score
I hope they update heavy duties with 1500 Ramcharger drive gear. Hp and torque is currently sufficient, or they can boost EV drives if needed.

kmhenry

Reaction score
Are they using the zf transmission only with the standard output Cummins or has zf bumped up the torque rating enough for the high output engine also.

srm3500

Reaction score
This is to little to late. Ram is running the oldest chassis, cab, engines and transmissions on the market for HD trucks so as someone who have a lot of friends that actually use these kinds of trucks for towing
many of which USED to buy Ram trucks but won't touch them because of how old and outdated they are. It's sad really. Even I must say having driven a friends 2023 Ford I was impressed.

In order for them to compete Ram needs for the HD trucks a 5th gen chassis, the new bigger cab design (like the 1500 has had since 2019 for crying out loud) update the Cummins to 475HP and 1200ft-lb, a new 9-12 speed HD transmission (Allison or Eaton)
anything less than this and they are going to keep losing sales. It really doesn't take a genius to figure this out.

gtw

Reaction score
I am a long time ram truck owner, just picked up a left over 1500 longhorn, had to have one more Hemi and no incentives on the 24s. The 25s were not much different in my opinion. Ram seems to struggle with innovation lately Dodge Ram was a lot more on the ball with lots of cool offerings.

So the updated 25 heavy duties will still have a 16 year old cab and basically the same drivetrains other than the 8 speed and they wonder why they are lagging in sales, whoever cancelled the 7.0 litre hemi should of been fired if they don’t at least match Fords 500/1200 ratings whats the point.
Fried ? Tarred and feathered !

patfromigh

Reaction score
The Work Truck Show is next week. Looking at this year's floor map, Ram commercial has a sizable area compared to some other truck builders. Commercial and fleet buyers are the real players in the game for the higher GVW classes. Government regulators like to play in these classes as well. There are now stricter fuel economy rules to deal with and diesel quit being cheap decades ago.

Next week the commercial and fleet buyers will have their say with the manufacturers in a much more intimate setting than the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread