Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Two Cars Missing From The Charger And Challenger Lineups:

HEMI Power and All-Wheel Drive...

DG014_060CH__mid-561x405.jpg

Since Sergio Marchionne has taken the helm at Chrysler (now FCA US), his plan has been to change Dodge from a mainstream brand to the performance brand of the FCA US lineup. While it has caused endless arguments between the brand’s fan base, there is no doubt that Dodge has become the American performance brand.

Last year, Dodge released the long awaited 475 horsepower all-wheel drive (AWD) Dodge Durango SRT which was a huge hit. The Dodge brand has been pushing the SRT cars unique looks across the lineup, even including the SRT performance looks on the V6 powered SXT STP (Super Track Pak) model Chargers. Durango R/T got it’s big brother SRT’s styling cues and V6 powered Durango GT models are even running the SRT looks for a limited run this summer on the GT Rallye package.

To Read More Click The Link Below...

https://moparinsiders.com/the-two-cars-missing-from-the-charger-and-challenger-lineups/

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Around the end of this year or the beginning of next year I'm going to start looking seriously at a Charger Daytona 5.7. If the R/T offered AWD though, there'd be no question as to which one I'd get.

bluskye

Reaction score
HEMI Power and All-Wheel Drive...

DG014_060CH__mid-561x405.jpg

Since Sergio Marchionne has taken the helm at Chrysler (now FCA US), his plan has been to change Dodge from a mainstream brand to the performance brand of the FCA US lineup. While it has caused endless arguments between the brand’s fan base, there is no doubt that Dodge has become the American performance brand.

Last year, Dodge released the long awaited 475 horsepower all-wheel drive (AWD) Dodge Durango SRT which was a huge hit. The Dodge brand has been pushing the SRT cars unique looks across the lineup, even including the SRT performance looks on the V6 powered SXT STP (Super Track Pak) model Chargers. Durango R/T got it’s big brother SRT’s styling cues and V6 powered Durango GT models are even running the SRT looks for a limited run this summer on the GT Rallye package.

To Read More Click The Link Below...

https://moparinsiders.com/the-two-cars-missing-from-the-charger-and-challenger-lineups/

I am hope to hear that a V8 AWD Charger will be introduced in 2019 or at the latest 2020. I would hate to look elsewhere for a new vehicle.

devildodge

Reaction score
Excellent article @redriderbob. One has to wonder:unsure:is this a cryptic hint for things to come, or just an observation based on what used to be and what could be;)

There is a yellow challenger GT at my local dealer and my son really wants it...calls it his car when we drive by it :D

Users who are viewing this thread