Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pumadog

Reaction score
I don't think it will be called 500e. The new logo is pretty different to the C, X and L versions. It could even get combined with them, when you think into the future when more models will get electric versions. Even now, we'll instantly have an electric 500C.

And why so sure it won't get to North America?

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

pumadog

Reaction score
I already read that. The official info only says that they stop building the current 500 and 500e and continue offering the L and X. And leftover stock of the Toluca 500 well into 2020. Nothing that rules out a comeback with the 500 BEV in my opinion. What do I miss?

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
I already read that. The official info only says that they stop building the current 500 and 500e and continue offering the L and X. And leftover stock of the Toluca 500 well into 2020. Nothing that rules out a comeback with the 500 BEV in my opinion. What do I miss?

FCA has confirmed the normal 500 will be absent from North America

KrisW

Reaction score
Again, that's a report about the ICE 500. If, as rumored, the new 500e offers four doors, a roomier (slightly wider) interior, upgradeable battery and significantly longer EV range than the outgoing model, then it's competitive in the US EV market - pricing will be high ($27,000-ish MRSP) but that'll still put it at the entry end of the EV market. I think Centoventi could also do well as the "anti-Tesla". No bonehead machismo, just affordable, minimalist and personalisable transport, big enough for four - if IKEA sold a car, it would be that.

Of course, until we know the real details of specification (in about 5 weeks now), all that's conjecture.

Really, the only argument about electric traction for passenger cars is when it replaces ICEs, not if. FCA can and should get a foothold now.

Users who are viewing this thread