Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New Electric Dodge Charger Will Get An Optional Glass Roof

Dodge’s transition towards electric next-generation muscle cars has been shrouded in mystery, with limited official information about their upcoming “e-muscle” vehicles. However, some intriguing details have emerged from sources linked to MoparInsiders.com, shedding light on what enthusiasts might anticipate from the new Charger. The Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Banshee Concept gave us a glimpse of … (read full article...)

0T7A4947.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

patfromigh

Reaction score
The next generation ZF 8-speed automatic transmission comes as a mild hybrid as the default setup. It will be 48V and have an electric motor instead of the torque converter. The PHEV transmission used in the Jeep Wrangler and Grand Cherokee 4Xe models also has the electric motor in place of the torque converter, but it uses high voltage. The BSG continues only for start/stop operation. The mild hybrid system now used in Jeeps and Rams is obsolete and most likely will be discontinued.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
Can we skip this discussion every time there is news on an EV from Mopar.

Yes, the grid isn't sufficient, Yes, the charging infrastructure is nearly nonexistent. Yes, if we don't move to modern Nuclear the supply is too limited.

YES YES YES YES

But none of it matters until voters in the CARB states wake up, and I truly don't believe they will until it crashes. In the meantime, the punitive fines are ramping up from the EPA and CARB states, and outright bans are on horizon now for approved projects.

So NO NO NO can FCA abandon HALF the US population. It is the legislative reality until laws are changed and rolled back, so complaining here is pointless.
I believe you make a valid point that this may not be the best avenue to take to change what is inevitably going to come within the next decade or so. The issue in fact is, where can people voice their opinions and thoughts on the matter? Voting alot of times now comes down to picking the lesser of two evils but this isn't a platform for political discussion so when it comes to matters pertaining to our beloved brands, where do we go? Granted yes we are hurtling towards a Zero-emission future, which definitely isn't a bad thing. The main issue is EVs are not practical as long term vehicles yet. Powerful, fast and fun they may be and car companies are truly getting creative with their EVs to make them more "organic" so to speak. But beyond the issues of grid insufficiencies and those types of things, the problems of reliability in hot/cold temperatures remain, Charging issues for people who live in urban areas that won't be able to charge their vehicles at home, repair and maintenance when something goes wrong with the powertrain and those sorts of things are all of the things that still hinder the transition of full BEV vehicles. It's not just the petty things about sound and emotion, although for a group of enthusiasts that is an issue, albeit a fixable issue, but one none the less. But for the EV movement as a whole there are genuine issues that need to be addressed. Personally, I believe that once those issues are solved, along with the obvious "Grid" situation, the changeover to EVs or even Hydrogen-EV hybrids is going to be ok. Even for car enthusiasts. An exhaust is nothing but an engine stereo system anyway and for the most part all we do with street cars anymore are ECU tunes and basic bolts-ons along with lights and stickers. As I've said, I'm all about the Evolution of Mopar performance. I love the current 392, but it has it's short comings of not being super responsive to modifications, the Hurricane is going to be amazing for the time that it's around. The 392 & Hellcat engines has been around for about ten years now and if we can keep the hurricanes for the next 8-10 years before it's mandatory that BEVs take over, then that's something worth being happy about. The thing about life is that change is truly inevitable. And honestly, if this will keep Stellantis (Mopar) from having to buy credits from Tesla and or going out of business, then I'm all for it. I'd rather drive an electric Dodge and continue making memories in a Mopar than have to remember just how amazing Mopar was when it's no longer with us.

TripleT

Reaction score
I believe you make a valid point that this may not be the best avenue to take to change what is inevitably going to come within the next decade or so. The issue in fact is, where can people voice their opinions and thoughts on the matter? Voting alot of times now comes down to picking the lesser of two evils but this isn't a platform for political discussion so when it comes to matters pertaining to our beloved brands, where do we go? Granted yes we are hurtling towards a Zero-emission future, which definitely isn't a bad thing. The main issue is EVs are not practical as long term vehicles yet. Powerful, fast and fun they may be and car companies are truly getting creative with their EVs to make them more "organic" so to speak. But beyond the issues of grid insufficiencies and those types of things, the problems of reliability in hot/cold temperatures remain, Charging issues for people who live in urban areas that won't be able to charge their vehicles at home, repair and maintenance when something goes wrong with the powertrain and those sorts of things are all of the things that still hinder the transition of full BEV vehicles. It's not just the petty things about sound and emotion, although for a group of enthusiasts that is an issue, albeit a fixable issue, but one none the less. But for the EV movement as a whole there are genuine issues that need to be addressed. Personally, I believe that once those issues are solved, along with the obvious "Grid" situation, the changeover to EVs or even Hydrogen-EV hybrids is going to be ok. Even for car enthusiasts. An exhaust is nothing but an engine stereo system anyway and for the most part all we do with street cars anymore are ECU tunes and basic bolts-ons along with lights and stickers. As I've said, I'm all about the Evolution of Mopar performance. I love the current 392, but it has it's short comings of not being super responsive to modifications, the Hurricane is going to be amazing for the time that it's around. The 392 & Hellcat engines has been around for about ten years now and if we can keep the hurricanes for the next 8-10 years before it's mandatory that BEVs take over, then that's something worth being happy about. The thing about life is that change is truly inevitable. And honestly, if this will keep Stellantis (Mopar) from having to buy credits from Tesla and or going out of business, then I'm all for it. I'd rather drive an electric Dodge and continue making memories in a Mopar than have to remember just how amazing Mopar was when it's no longer with us.
Point being that all the EV short comings are true, but making the same point over and over and over and over again indirectly on forum devoted to Mopar, toward product they are forced to offer not by the marketplace but by the voting public is huge waste of time. That would be better spent reminding the voting public and ones legislatures. Heck it not even Federal its the state level, One can actually sit down and talk with you State Congressman, even a State Senator.

It's just disingenuous to keep putting this on FCA when they damn well have no choice in the manner no more than they had in 72' you either comply or your out of business to half the population in North America.

Quite putting it on them, if you live in the CARB state, look in the mirror, look at your neighbor, look at you State representatives that is who to complain at, or at least remind them of the upcoming issues.

Lets talk about the product as a product and it competitiveness in its individual market and focus the expression of criticism towards those who are dictating it to the marketplace.

justbekuz

Reaction score
I still maintain that this PC, environmentalist driven hysteria deluding the global auto manufacturing industry is a doomed fools mission to huge business losses and an gleeful embarrassment to the management saps that are falling for it. You couldn’t give that electric Charger to me and millions like me, not even with a glass roof and a built in toilet, for free. I predict there will be few takers for these blenders on wheels and as more folks begin the grasp the craziness of going electric, that, except for the wannabe crowd that buys anything to be noticed or popular, there will be few takers. There is a new Sheriff coming to Dodge City next year and that lawman states clearly “drill baby drill”, like in oil and gas.
Sorry tree huggers, your days are numbered on Blueberry Hill and Dodge is heading out for OK Corral with an extension cord in their holster.
With the current UAW Strike it will be interesting to see if the domestic auto industry with make the transition. Yes, we are bringing Chip manufacturing back Stateside but with labor and raw materials inequities here it remains to seen how competitive we will be. The UAW is also being held hostage with those variables as well as with the reduction in workforce as it takes less labor and vendors to assemble the EV's. With all the Federal and State Money and Incentives being plowed into the mythical EV Go Forward mantra, we will see if this was all for not! One has to understand as the domestics are already importing China assembled vehicles, there is going to be more importing of such vehicles not only from China but also from countries such as Vietnam and other 3rd world countries.

Users who are viewing this thread