Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swinger coming back?

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
I know about the "special" edition car but its recently been trademarked and no other "special" edition name was.

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
Picture it...

Later in 2023.
A car that looks like a genuine production ready Charger Daytona EV just finished an insane quarter mile.
Tim walks near it as the crowd cheers and roars in excitement.
And he opens his mouth.
"This...is the all new...Dodge..Swinger!"

Also, Liberty is apparently under trademark again.

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
Picture it...

Later in 2023.
A car that looks like a genuine production ready Charger Daytona EV just finished an insane quarter mile.
Tim walks near it as the crowd cheers and roars in excitement.
And he opens his mouth.
"This...is the all new...Dodge..Swinger!"

Also, Liberty is apparently under trademark again.
Ralph has just been calling it the Dodge Banshee so that's probably what it'll end up being called. I wouldn't be surprised if they made Charger its own sub brand at this point. A sedan, a retro coupe a lifted CUV etc. Swinger would be better used on a d-segment sized car or a suv between Hornet and Durango. It'll "swing between a performance car and a family utlility vehicle" or something along those lines.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ralph has just been calling it the Dodge Banshee so that's probably what it'll end up being called. I wouldn't be surprised if they made Charger its own sub brand at this point. A sedan, a retro coupe a lifted CUV etc. Swinger would be better used on a d-segment sized car or a suv between Hornet and Durango. It'll "swing between a performance car and a family utlility vehicle" or something along those lines.
Banshee is the name of the powertrain. The car is still called the Charger.

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if they made Charger its own sub brand at this point. A sedan, a retro coupe a lifted CUV etc. Swinger would be better used on a d-segment sized car or a suv between Hornet and Durango. It'll "swing between a performance car and a family utlility vehicle" or something along those lines.
A Charger sub-brand? Bleh. Just a Charger sedan and Charger Daytona coupe would be plenty for me.

With the future of the Durango looking kinda blurry, especially compared to the Chargers, I wonder if a potential replacement for it gets a different name to go with different stuff that makes it a successor instead of a next gen Durango. Maybe slap the Coronet badge on it just cause it's a longer 'net' ending word. Swinger badge on that or some crossover though? Fine.
I just hope there's more low height models like the upcoming BEV in their pipeline soon.

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
Banshee is the name of the powertrain. The car is still called the Charger.
Charger Daytona Banshee SRT actually

:ROFLMAO:

Sorry but that just screams to me that they dont know what to call it and Ralph also said Tim wants the production car to look as close to the concept as possible so I wouldn't count on it morphing into a sedan as many predict.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Charger Daytona Banshee SRT actually

:ROFLMAO:

Sorry but that just screams to me that they dont know what to call it and Ralph also said Tim wants the production car to look as close to the concept as possible so I wouldn't count on it morphing into a sedan as many predict.
No, it’s just called the Charger Daytona SRT concept.
A6F71C3E-2F68-4572-AD47-A32DD0B4AE25.jpeg

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
A Charger sub-brand? Bleh. Just a Charger sedan and Charger Daytona coupe would be plenty for me.

With the future of the Durango looking kinda blurry, especially compared to the Chargers, I wonder if a potential replacement for it gets a different name to go with different stuff that makes it a successor instead of a next gen Durango. Maybe slap the Coronet badge on it just cause it's a longer 'net' ending word. Swinger badge on that or some crossover though? Fine.
I just hope there's more low height models like the upcoming BEV in their pipeline soon.
I really have no idea, but abandoning the police market was not something I thought they were going to do, guess we will see.

Users who are viewing this thread