What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellents

The new entry level brand at Stellantis is Free-2-Move. For North America the question remains which products will be available, and how will the franchised dealers be involved. During the boom days of the econobox, the strategy was to bang out as many high mpg units as possible to raise the CAFE. Cheap cars filled the ranks of the rental fleets and the retail dealers got upset because it was "cheaper to rent a car than a lawn mower" to quote one source at that time. Now subscription services and curbside auto sharing will be appearing.

If one looks at the Free-2-Move website the Jeep Renegade is already the poster child for that division. The next Renegade with its battery electric powertrain will inherit that post. It would be nice if the Grande Panda could be added to the mix, but Fiat is a boutique brand. Now added to the list of people who can't charge an EV at home are condominium dwellers and other people living under the rules of an HOA. Even if the plugin vehicle owner has a garage, HOA rules forbid charging a vehicle inside.

We have been discussing the end of the entry level ICE vehicles for a number of months now, that is nothing new.

Don't know why folks don't realize the Maverick is an "margin & capacity utilization (Fiesta)" exercise and Toyota got rid of the Venza for more margin models like Grand Highlander and Crown Signia while investing in the Sequoia.

Are you sure the Venza is a low margin vehicle? The Toyota products you mention (except the Sequoia) occupy the market spaces where the Chrysler brand should have been dwelling in. I have driven a Grand Highlander. It makes the Dodge Durango feel old.

Have you priced a Maverick lately?

Are you sure the Venza is a low margin vehicle? The Toyota products you mention (except the Sequoia) occupy the market spaces where the Chrysler brand should have been dwelling in. I have driven a Grand Highlander. It makes the Dodge Durango feel old.

Have you priced a Maverick lately?
Please read the post again.."Maverick is an "margin & capacity utilization (Fiesta)" exercise ".
In the same plant , Ford went from having a B-Class Fiesta in the same plant to a higher priced vehicle with on the shelf technology the Maverick.

Toyota discontinuing the Venza speaks for itself.

I think you are out of Focus here. The Maverick doesn't have the odor of cheap Cologne, so I don't think it comes from Germany.

The Bronco Sport shares the same line with the Maverick down in Mexico. I think there is some con-Fusion with the products the Maverick and Bronco Sport replaced on the line at Hermosillo. You missed the Mark Z with this.

I think you are out of Focus here. The Maverick doesn't have the , so I don't think it comes from Germany.

The Bronco Sport shares the same line with the Maverick down in Mexico. I think there is some con-Fusion with the products the Maverick and Bronco Sport replaced on the line at Hermosillo. You missed the Mark Z with this.
I don't think you are reading either that or you missing manufacturing/industrial logic .....the Maverick is related to the Transit, and If you paid attention Ford execs they promote the fact that much of it is off the shelf.

Back