Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Will Have Only One Unveiling At NAIAS In Detroit

The North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, Michigan is set to showcase the latest innovations from the Detroit Big-3 automakers over two days. Ford will take the lead with the unveiling of its highly anticipated new F-150, while General Motors (GM) and Stellantis also have exciting reveals in store. Contrary to expectations, Dodge, … (read full article...)

Jeep_JWP_2056fe1p95t0cdf27lp10jsdas9fs4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mopar392

Reaction score
Zero development on NA Hemis in 15 years. Comparing the Hurricane with what should have been developed 426 aluminum block DI Hemi making over 550 HP while being a few % more efficient than the 6.4 and about the same weight as the Hurricane. Throttle response, performance, and most important, driver satisfaction would go to the Hemi. Tim is a one trick pony and his pony is about dead.
The rumored now dead 426 Banshee HEMI was never mentioned to have aluminum block or DI.
But yes I agree that engine if it saw the light it could have had an improvement in performance and efficiency.
But we could never know that in comparison to what the Hurricane would bring to the cars.

TripleT

Reaction score
They couldn’t make it compliant. Certainly not future compliant. The Juice was not worth the squeeze. Especially give the potency of the powerplant that could compliant and has 1500hp potential

Mopar392

Reaction score
HEMI has the potential to go 1500hp and the D170 is a proof.
I heard the major issue with the current HEMIs was the emissions.
But there are solutions for that.
And Turbocharged engines are walking a fine line with that.

BWS

Reaction score
Well that isn’t a Hemi anymore and that engine exists and is being replaced by a more potent V6 within rhe corporate family.
Just advocated for a ground up V8 that would be low volume and make less then a Tuned Hurricane.

We can build that in house but it will get its rear kicked by the volume engine in every way.

Face it your just being Fishermen casting line ALL moPAR one could sing to Choir spout negative nonsense because one has an odd infatuation with an extra head, more complex, less compact and lack of variable cubic inches needed to be compliant powerplant. When we are getting an extremity potent one that you haven’t event experienced in a Car Yet. Already can pull a 6000lb brick to Scar Pack performance
They couldn’t make it compliant. Certainly not future compliant. The Juice was not worth the squeeze. Especially give the potency of the powerplant that could compliant and has 1500hp potential
Let me know when they see 1500 HP in that engine , or any of them for that matter . You guys are too much . Heck let’s shoot for 2000!! That Hurricane is a miracle cast in aluminum so why not!

TripleT

Reaction score
Noooo Nokk it pops heads like OR flavor lab.. You can’t sell an engine over 1000 unless you’re not going warranty it. This whole discussion. Sucks I Love my Hemi but please let’s not over sell it just to justify dragging the new powerplant.

It’s had its day just like the Elephant and the 440 great power plants for their era.

Instead of celebrating something new and potent those so desperate to drag the company because they are moving on to something new and better.

If one is so enomred with 1000th version of the Coyote just get on waiting list to get the new boy racer Ford

patfromigh

Reaction score
It's the end of an era. This mopar muscle car and truck revival may have lasted a long time, but nothing lasts forever. The internet is not reality, there is a world beyond our heads. (To paraphrase a well known author and motorhead)

We see the new V8 Mustangs online and in print and it makes it seem like Ford will be banging them out like the previous earlier decades. It won't happen, these Fords will be very limited and expensive. Ford's big problem is that products like the Maverick are also limited and expensive.

What products does GM have left they can put a V8 into? I thought the Camaro was going away. Last I heard is GM going "all in" on battery electric.

TripleT

Reaction score
From what I understand the Muscle Car era lives on with L29 and L49. Bridging both worlds coming with a lighter, stronger, better handling, better packaged architecture. Along with EV versions also ICE version with upgraded powertrain and AWD capability across the line up.

Peoples Hang up is in the Upgraded powertrain. That it doesn't have the complexity of V formation and extra heads. That it's a smooth running straight six instead of inheritably imbalanced V8. That it won't have that imbalance exhaust note, that it is forced induction to create variable displacement for regulatory reasons, and has spinning mufflers.

Last edited:

James.A

Reaction score
From what I understand the Muscle Car era lives on with L29 and L49. Bridging both worlds coming with a lighter, stronger, better handling, better packaged architecture. Along with EV versions also ICE version with upgraded powertrain and AWD capability across the line up.

Peoples Hang up is in the Upgraded powertrain. That it doesn't have the complexity of V formation and extra heads. That it's a smooth running straight six instead of inheritably imbalanced V8. That it won't have that imbalance exhaust note, that it is forced induction to create variable displacement for regulatory reasons, and has spinning mufflers.
That is part of the complaints but others complain that this is all fantasy talk until something new actually is produced and proves itself. Until then, it's all just like the supposed 2019 refresh, 2021 re-design/next-gen and the production version of the concept we saw last year - we have no new products to talk about for L cars. It's rumors and could be, should be, would be's. All we have from Dodge is the Hornet - a copy and paste job taken from Alfa that is tiny and over-priced and may very well end up not selling well just like the Alfa cars. Give us something positive to discuss and we'll be happy. Pee in our pockets then tell us it's raining and we'll let you know we see through the BS.

Mopar392

Reaction score

They won’t be muscle cars anymore. They will be sports cars.
Yes, they will be fast but they would lose their identity.
The only 6cylinder car that was considered a muscle is Buick GNX and that was debated

TripleT

Reaction score
They won’t be muscle cars anymore. They will be sports cars.
Yes, they will be fast but they would lose their identity.
The only 6cylinder car that was considered a muscle is Buick GNX and that was debated
That’s just plain silly….. only V8 can be a muscle car. Muscle has to do with size and HP….. unless the L29 shrinks a bunch it’s still a muscle car. Unless your saying because the can actually turn…. Being bad in the curves is not a virtue

patfromigh

Reaction score
The Pentastar powered Challenger matches the performance of 340 and 383 legacy muscle cars of the past. Having driven a Wagoneer L with the new six, I think that the motor in a lighter vehicle should acquit itself quite well.

Users who are viewing this thread