Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Will Have Only One Unveiling At NAIAS In Detroit

The North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, Michigan is set to showcase the latest innovations from the Detroit Big-3 automakers over two days. Ford will take the lead with the unveiling of its highly anticipated new F-150, while General Motors (GM) and Stellantis also have exciting reveals in store. Contrary to expectations, Dodge, … (read full article...)

Jeep_JWP_2056fe1p95t0cdf27lp10jsdas9fs4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

vbondjr1

Reaction score
While I feel that being hopeful is probably pointless, hopefully, they're just playing everything very close to the chest until the last minute. IDK

ipa0628

Reaction score
They initially said 6 new unveilings at the show. Now it is one. More vaporware from the company. I'll believe all the called new product when I see it.
Everything is Jeep. Everybody doesn't want an overpriced Jeep.

BWS

Reaction score
More decals on the hood of a Jeep, or maybe a new color to up charge as a $600 option. Mopar is dead. I recognize very little of what’s left. Long live the happy memories of Mopars of days gone by.

jorisr

Reaction score
They initially said 6 new unveilings at the show. Now it is one. More vaporware from the company. I'll believe all the called new product when I see it.
To be fair the announced 6 new unveilings talked about 2 from Ford, 2 from GM and 2 from Stellantis.
Stellantis has publically said they would show a new Jeep and a new Ram vehicle.
The fact that only Jeep has scheduled a press conference at the show suggests they will only show the new Jeep. I can imagine Ram moving the Ram 1500 refresh reveal a bit away from the Ford F-150 extravaganza planned for next week.

TripleT

Reaction score
People who use the word Vaporware show their own ignorance for the development GATE system that is requirement for QS system certification.

patfromigh

Reaction score
A good example of vaporware is the Ford Maverick hybrid. Only a handful exist at the original price, and very few are built at the new higher price. Some people paid money to be on waiting lists for over a year.

I'm old enough to remember the Dodge Scat Pack brochure and magazine ads in autumn of 1970 featuring the 1971 Challenger T/A. The next year the brochures for both Plymouth and Dodge listed the 440 six-pack as an option on the Dodge Charger and Plymouth Road Runner.

The best example of automotive vaporware is the electric Ford Transit Connect vans promised for Canada Post last decade. Ford grabbed the lucrative fleet order by promising to build a certain percentage of battery electric units. It never happened, even though prototypes were shown to secure the bid.

If one doesn't like the foot dragging of the CDJR brands, then buy an Aptera.

James.A

Reaction score
Kuniskis was put in charge of Dodge to facilitate an assisted suicide? Dodge is done for. After seeing the anemic I6 perforce at Woodward I'm not surprised they're STILL not bringing anything new to market for the L twins. It's pathetic at this point. Defending the company/brand at this point is embarrassing.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Received an email from Jeep. They will be showing the 2024 Gladiator

Hemi_Dart

Reaction score
No updates to the base Hemi in 15 years and 13 for the 392. Kia's developed a lot of sedans and Chrysler is dead. It's pathetic. No vision or execution.

Hemi_Dart

Reaction score
The North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, Michigan is set to showcase the latest innovations from the Detroit Big-3 automakers over two days. Ford will take the lead with the unveiling of its highly anticipated new F-150, while General Motors (GM) and Stellantis also have exciting reveals in store. Contrary to expectations, Dodge, … (read full article...)

View attachment 8624Stellantis sucks. Focused on DEI, ESG, and Gay Pride...how about developing gas fired products that aren't 15 years behind.

Hemi_Dart

Reaction score
No V8 with an aluminum block or direct injection. All new Grand Cherokee platforms in 2021 & 2022 but a 2009 550 lb 5.7 Hemi or a 2011 3.6 V6 (updated in 2016).

Hemi_Dart

Reaction score
To be fair the announced 6 new unveilings talked about 2 from Ford, 2 from GM and 2 from Stellantis.
Stellantis has publically said they would show a new Jeep and a new Ram vehicle.
The fact that only Jeep has scheduled a press conference at the show suggests they will only show the new Jeep. I can imagine Ram moving the Ram 1500 refresh reveal a bit away from the Ford F-150 extravaganza planned for next week.
Because of BEVs which Trump will kill off so once again Chrysler is not prepared for what the customer wants. Simple, modern updates to the Hemi to keep the V8 alive which everyone but CDJR is doing.

TripleT

Reaction score
Because of BEVs which Trump will kill off so once again Chrysler is not prepared for what the customer wants. Simple, modern updates to the Hemi to keep the V8 alive which everyone but CDJR is doing.
Ah ahh thanks for casting a line but that already went to the Supreme Court and even if that Loser manages to somehow convince Suburban women to vote for him this time which he hasn’t even pitch to yet he will have ZERO power to end the BEV mandates in the CARB states.

Thanks for playing….. yeah the Coyote and the Hemis get their rear kicked but Hurricane but they sound louder from behind I guess.

James.A

Reaction score
Ah ahh thanks for casting a line but that already went to the Supreme Court and even if that Loser manages to somehow convince Suburban women to vote for him this time which he hasn’t even pitch to yet he will have ZERO power to end the BEV mandates in the CARB states.

Thanks for playing….. yeah the Coyote and the Hemis get their rear kicked but Hurricane but they sound louder from behind I guess.
We have yet to see Hurricane kick any rear-end besides its own at Woodward. Embarrassing all around.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Until we have a comparison between the Hurricane vs the Coyote and the HEMI, we wont know for sure.

TripleT

Reaction score
We already know the potential from Mopar…. Don’t feed the fisherman. The idea that the Hemi was untouched is just plain a lie, it was constantly tuned and improved it hit it maximum production potential at 1000hp. Combined with EPA fines people have use the space between their ears. The Chevy is DOA and Ford sells a bunch of 4 cylinder’s to be able to offer a few V8s on a car that just barely made the cut. Certainly FCA could offer a few ultra modern V8s with it corporate cousins….. but without something more then atmosphere it would underperform the Hurricane. Keeping the heads attached to the block is easier with the extra room and one less head to worry about. Eagle, Apache, Hellcat, and Demon have written their history and will live on in Crate form and reputation.

Hemi_Dart

Reaction score
Until we have a comparison between the Hurricane vs the Coyote and the HEMI, we wont know for sure.
Zero development on NA Hemis in 15 years. Comparing the Hurricane with what should have been developed 426 aluminum block DI Hemi making over 550 HP while being a few % more efficient than the 6.4 and about the same weight as the Hurricane. Throttle response, performance, and most important, driver satisfaction would go to the Hemi. Tim is a one trick pony and his pony is about dead.

Hemi_Dart

Reaction score
We already know the potential from Mopar…. Don’t feed the fisherman. The idea that the Hemi was untouched is just plain a lie, it was constantly tuned and improved it hit it maximum production potential at 1000hp. Combined with EPA fines people have use the space between their ears. The Chevy is DOA and Ford sells a bunch of 4 cylinder’s to be able to offer a few V8s on a car that just barely made the cut. Certainly FCA could offer a few ultra modern V8s with it corporate cousins….. but without something more then atmosphere it would underperform the Hurricane. Keeping the heads attached to the block is easier with the extra room and one less head to worry about. Eagle, Apache, Hellcat, and Demon have written their history and will live on in Crate form and reputation.
Get your head out of the Corp Rear End Dude. Ford's Coyote base model will make 500Hp and Chevy's 5.5 makes 670HP. They've had aluminum blocks since the 90s. Hellcats are FatCats adding hundreds of pounds to already overweight models. Such low engineering expectations from so many Corp apologists. They don't build better because you don't demand better.

TripleT

Reaction score
Well that isn’t a Hemi anymore and that engine exists and is being replaced by a more potent V6 within rhe corporate family.
Just advocated for a ground up V8 that would be low volume and make less then a Tuned Hurricane.

We can build that in house but it will get its rear kicked by the volume engine in every way.

Face it your just being Fishermen casting line ALL moPAR one could sing to Choir spout negative nonsense because one has an odd infatuation with an extra head, more complex, less compact and lack of variable cubic inches needed to be compliant powerplant. When we are getting an extremity potent one that you haven’t event experienced in a Car Yet. Already can pull a 6000lb brick to Scar Pack performance numbers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread