Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis to open two more EV Battery plants in North America by 2030

AlexB

Reaction score
By quarter two, quarter three of '26, if the market continues on the path that it's on, we'll need the third plant online by late '26, early '27. We are already in discussions for plant No. 3 and possibly plant No. 4. We will need four plants by 2030."”
Stewart expects to make announcement for the third plant by the second quarter next year.

Asked whether Stellantis was open to the workers at the joint-venture battery plants being represented by the United Auto workers union, Stewart said it was up to the workers but the company was open to the idea.

"We welcome those plants being union," he said. "We anticipate they likely will be."

Stewart also said Stellantis in the last two weeks decided to nearly double annual production capacity for its EV delivery vans to more than 200,000 vehicles. Amazon.com is among Stellantis' customers for the van.
"It's going to have even more upside," he said in explaining the decision, adding that the 2023 model had sold out within 13 hours.”

My guess is Mexico or South Texas to supply Toluca (Wagoneer S)and Saltillo (Promaster BEV) with Batteries.
The other facility will be Toledo due to it being (already) a hub for operations.

Last edited:

patfromigh

Reaction score
LG batteries are a disaster. Stellantis management better think hard and fast before anymore tie ups with them.

Please see my post in the Electric Or Bust! What Is Your Opinion? thread.

Last edited:

ShawnP

Reaction score
I suspect Dundee gets one.

FCA/Stellantis has shown it likes to repurpose plants instead of building new ones.

Perfectly located within 90 minutes of the Detroit/Toledo plants.

Looking at the satellite. I see plenty of room to expand. Michigan is desperate to keep plants in state. So I can see them building a direct access exit off of US-23.

If due to tariffs rules. Saltillo becomes a electric plant. I can see one going there.

Users who are viewing this thread