Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Q1 2023 Sales:North American revenue up 10%,Global Shipments up 8%, Global revenue up 14%

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
I believe they're a bit late in launching more price competitive electrified vehicles in Europe.
They're caught between a rock and a hard place, with the rock being Tesla and the chinese manufacturers that can launch EVs with low profit margins and the hard place being the need for high profit margins to compensate for the stranded assets of the ICE vehicle manufacturing.

Considering this I don't agree with such a big distribution of dividends and a stock buyback, but I guess Exor and the Peugeots want to get as much funds out of Stellantis ASAP...

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
Impressive increase in Maserati sales!
Would've loved more info about new EVs for Europe. The US models look awesome, but more info about the EU ones on STLA platforms would be welcome...

AlexB

Reaction score
I believe they're a bit late in launching more price competitive electrified vehicles in Europe.
They're caught between a rock and a hard place, with the rock being Tesla and the chinese manufacturers that can launch EVs with low profit margins and the hard place being the need for high profit margins to compensate for the stranded assets of the ICE vehicle manufacturing.

Considering this I don't agree with such a big distribution of dividends and a stock buyback, but I guess Exor and the Peugeots want to get as much funds out of Stellantis ASAP...
This quarter is getting some criticism (from analyst) regarding inventory + European performance.

cygnus

Reaction score
Stock below $16, $50B market cap. Good to see that its lost value, hopefully that sends a message.

Last edited:

bill burke

Reaction score
As a stockholder I welcome the positives in this report, but there are warning signs of weaknesses and poor decisions. Jeep Grand Cherokee and Wagoneer sales trouble, as do the slow pace of launching new product like a new generation Cherokee, a compact and mid size Ram pickup and anything Chrysler especially the logic of a 300 sedan that seems to be still in doubt. Most concerning is a policy decision, shared by other auto manufacturers globally, to go all in, or almost so on electrification. If we are talking money here, and we are, how much money has gone into electrification development at the cost of traditional products thus cutting and delaying new products which my short list is only the tip of the iceberg.
The stranglehold the “Eurothink” management has on North American decision making and new product development is creating concern and foreseeable worries down the road for the Chrysler Group. This stockholder thinks it’s time for some soul searching, some pushback on behalf of American tastes and needs, a clear eyed look at reality and a dramatic course correction before this green agenda delusion sinks us all like a rock. Yes, we have a problem here Captain !

Users who are viewing this thread