Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Prepares for Major Job Cuts in North America

Stellantis Prepares for Major Job Cuts in North America​

Tavares Looks To Eliminate More Positions In North America, For Cheaper Jobs Elsewhere...​

1718909060268.png

In a move sending shockwaves through the automotive industry, Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavareshas announced a sweeping cost-cutting initiative targeting North American operations, with a significant focus on the Auburn Hills office tower. This restructuring effort, revealed at last week’s investor meeting, marks a critical pivot as Stellantis seeks to enhance its global competitiveness, particularly against Chinese automakers.

TripleT

Reaction score
Well do they have to come in the office?

BWS1

Reaction score
Mopar fans can finally, after all the hand wringing for 26 years, relinquish their enthusiasm for the brands to collector status and quit kidding ourselves . Want a Mopar? It needs to be 1998 or prior. What little lineage that was left to the old guard is gone. A shame really , but time marches on. Now these products will have to stand on their own for loyalists like myself, because there is nothing left to tie to the old brands. And honestly, there is nothing in the entire portfolio currently that I find particularly compelling, and certainly not a particularly good value when compared to their contemporaries.

ipa0628

Reaction score
This is making me seriously consider either GM or Ford for my next truck.
Thanks Sergio for putting FCA on the path to this with very little product investment, all in the name of margins for a merger.

Argo

Reaction score
Tavares is gonna destroy Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Ram forever! How about he takes less than half of his $33m a year salary, or better yet leave the company and save us from drowning...?

neilreid5757

Reaction score

Stellantis Prepares for Major Job Cuts in North America​

Tavares Looks To Eliminate More Positions In North America, For Cheaper Jobs Elsewhere...​

View attachment 9646

In a move sending shockwaves through the automotive industry, Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavareshas announced a sweeping cost-cutting initiative targeting North American operations, with a significant focus on the Auburn Hills office tower. This restructuring effort, revealed at last week’s investor meeting, marks a critical pivot as Stellantis seeks to enhance its global competitiveness, particularly against Chinese automakers.

If Tavares was serious about cutting costs and reviving the brand, he’d simply cut the entire EV program.

scatpack_69

Reaction score
This is making me seriously consider either GM or Ford for my next truck.
Thanks Sergio for putting FCA on the path to this with very little product investment, all in the name of margins for a merger.
Ssshhhhh. You can’t say that! Those that be around here don’t like to place any blame on Sergio, they go into fits about”he was the right guy” this and “without him” that and simply gloss over that very fact. He set this in motion by killing Dart/200, and vocally shopping.

I’ll hold out myself, can’t jump ship yet. Now when they end Cummins production, then maybe. But I hope that’s some ways off still

scatpack_69

Reaction score
And abandon half the US market... that would be awesome.
Which would largely be made up for with combustion elsewhere. Which would be awesome.

The commies ain’t the only customers. So do but minimal business in Cali, so what. Here’s your electric **** boxes.

But then again, no Hemi or V8 offering hurts ultimate combustion sales too so there’s that. The brain trust doesn’t appear overly smart sometimes

mendymopar91

Reaction score
What's it gonna take, for the Chrysler brands to break away from Stellantis? Is it possible for them to leave and stand alone or form an alliance with a reputable independent brand like Mazda?

I really hate how "Stellantis" is picking apart the only brands that were worth in damn in the portfolio

A petition on Change.org to stir the pot?

AlexB

Reaction score
What's it gonna take, for the Chrysler brands to break away from Stellantis? Is it possible for them to leave and stand alone or form an alliance with a reputable independent brand like Mazda?

I really hate how "Stellantis" is picking apart the only brands that were worth in damn in the portfolio

A petition on Change.org to stir the pot?
You obvious have no clue of Family Ran Corporate governance.
FIAT & FCA were family controlled company, the Agnelli & Peugeot families have 38% voting power at Stellantis+ special provisions that block unwanted outsiders.

TripleT

Reaction score
Ha Ha Last time Americans own CDJR they nearly killed it. NO ONE is giving away JEEP, RAM, and DODGE... 2 of them are in top marques on the planet and the other has killer Demographic.

Asside from the 90s Chrysler was always a low volume niche luxury brand.

Users who are viewing this thread