Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Post It’s Sales Numbers For The U.S. In Q1 2024!

Stellantis (FCA US, LLC) has reported a total sales figure of 332,540 vehicles during Q1 2024, which relates to a 10% decline in total U.S. sales compared to the previous year. Despite the decrease, Jeep®, Chrysler, and FIAT brands all showed increases in performance for the Q1 2024 period. “As Jeep® prepares to deliver its first fully electric vehicle, the Jeep Wagoneer S, in the U.S. in the second quarter, the brand saw significant growth across its portfolio in Q1, and the Jeep Wrangler 4xe and the Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe are currently ranked the No. 1 and No. 2 … (read full article...)

tempImageei0hyK.png

AlexB

Reaction score
What good does sitting on these cars do for the dealer? It costs them interest daily in the hopes someone may buy the car in 6 months at a 1000 more. Those that wanted the last call cars have bought theirs. Now, the rest are waiting for price reductions. The days of dealers getting well over sticker on these cars is done.
Again read the thread :Summer Driving & Back-2-School season.
April isn't summer in the United States...

TripleT

Reaction score
What good does sitting on these cars do for the dealer? It costs them interest daily in the hopes someone may buy the car in 6 months at a 1000 more. Those that wanted the last call cars have bought theirs. Now, the rest are waiting for price reductions. The days of dealers getting well over sticker on these cars is done.
You are mistaken.... there a thousand of business were the are capacity limited that Inventory is stretched over often month and or even years. Sacrificing margin in order not to hold inventory for peak margin seasons, or to have no inventory lacks any critical thinking skills. Smacks of someone just wanting to bitch.

Scarcity doesn't diminish value in any economic system in the world. As much as you might wish for the old days,

Typically FCA has avoided VOLUME reduction due to capacity by killing models and giving that capacity to refreshed models. That has ended so yeah VOLUME with fall in order to update capacity and models.

AlexB

Reaction score
You are mistaken.... there a thousand of business were the are capacity limited that Inventory is stretched over often month and or even years. Sacrificing margin in order not to hold inventory for peak margin seasons, or to have no inventory lacks any critical thinking skills. Smacks of someone just wanting to bitch.

Scarcity doesn't diminish value in any economic system in the world. As much as you might wish for the old days,

Typically FCA has avoided VOLUME reduction due to capacity by killing models and giving that capacity to refreshed models. That has ended so yeah VOLUME with fall in order to update capacity and models.
AND Dealers profit source is Services of all types, then selling used vehicles.
Main source of used inventory is trade-ins.

Pre-Covid-Chip shortage, the legacy Michigan normally tired to keep 120 days of Trucks on the lots.

ipa0628

Reaction score

So in your logic, dealers should just sit on these cars for months in hopes of getting a few more bucks out of the sale. If they have a buyer there why wouldn't they sell it for a reasonable price. The cash flow implications on a 50,000 vehicle times many is great.
My dealer I referenced earlier has some 300''s in stock. The Touring L's are shown as about 6200 of sticker and the 300 S they have are about 5600 off.

New 2023New 2023 Chrysler 300 Touring L

Stock: C23313
VIN: 2C3CCASG7PH614025
Details
MSRP$50,785
Krebs Discount$3,546
Bonus Cash$2,750
Everyone Qualifies Price$44,489

New 2023 Chrysler 300 S V8

Stock: C23433
VIN: 2C3CCABT0PH646909
Details
MSRP$53,000
Krebs Discount$3,824
Bonus Cash$1,750
Everyone Qualifies Price$47,426

Another big volume dealer has these:

New 2023Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack With Navigation

Stock: 23MD02046
VIN: 2C3CDXGJ1PH508514
Details
MSRP $62,195
Total Savings $4,209
Diehl Price $57,986

2023Dodge Charger GT AWD

Stock: 23GD0703
VIN: 2C3CDXMG0PH657621
Details
MSRP $50,375
Total Savings $5,607
Diehl Price $44,76

These discounts are common in my area at multiple dealers. Nobody wants to sit on these cars and hope for a promised Fall date for the new Chargers. Chances are that will be next year before they hit the dealers.
The manufacturer has really put the screws to the dealers with their poor product management. The Cherokee was killed a year ago. There might be a replacement by the end of this year.
Chevy is doing a refresh of the Equinox. The dealers won't have to wait 2 years for the new version.

AlexB

Reaction score
So in your logic, dealers should just sit on these cars for months in hopes of getting a few more bucks out of the sale. If they have a buyer there why wouldn't they sell it for a reasonable price. The cash flow implications on a 50,000 vehicle times many is great.
My dealer I referenced earlier has some 300''s in stock. The Touring L's are shown as about 6200 of sticker and the 300 S they have are about 5600 off.

Details
MSRP$50,785
Krebs Discount$3,546
Bonus Cash$2,750

Details
MSRP$53,000
Krebs Discount$3,824
Bonus Cash$1,750

Details
MSRP $62,195
Total Savings $4,209
Diehl Price $57,986

2023Dodge Charger GT AWD

Details
MSRP $50,375
Total Savings $5,607
Diehl Price $44,76

These discounts are common in my area at multiple dealers. Nobody wants to sit on these cars and hope for a promised Fall date for the new Chargers. Chances are that will be next year before they hit the dealers.
The manufacturer has really put the screws to the dealers with their poor product management. The Cherokee was killed a year ago. There might be a replacement by the end of this year.
Chevy is doing a refresh of the Equinox. The dealers won't have to wait 2 years for the new version.
You compare a refresh to a launch at a different plant.
You must be a low IQ clown given your posting "Nobody wants to sit on these cars and hope for a promised Fall date " when it been very clear in this thread Charger won't get fully lunched until Fall 2025,and that THE SUMMER is The season for such cars like the Charger which self-answer the reason for the inventory.
Yet you spew the same Bull$#it.

TripleT

Reaction score

Details
MSRP$50,785
Krebs Discount$3,546
Bonus Cash$2,750

Details
MSRP$53,000
Krebs Discount$3,824
Bonus Cash$1,750

Details
MSRP $62,195
Total Savings $4,209
Diehl Price $57,986

2023Dodge Charger GT AWD

Details
MSRP $50,375
Total Savings $5,607
Diehl Price $44,76

You type a lot for being so poorly informed….what they should do is sell under invoice and then shut dealership for the rest of the year Brilliant

ipa0628

Reaction score
I guess you know more than the dealers how to manage their inventory and what sells. That is priceless.

ipa0628

Reaction score
You compare a refresh to a launch at a different plant.
You must be a low IQ clown given your posting "Nobody wants to sit on these cars and hope for a promised Fall date " when it been very clear in this thread Charger won't get fully lunched until Fall 2025,and that THE SUMMER is The season for such cars like the Charger which self-answer the reason for the inventory.
Yet you spew the same Bull$#it.Because I am not being a corporate kiss ass, I am low IQ. Every dealer site I look at in my city and others show discounts on Chargers and Challengers.

This dealer in VA has 162 Chargers in stock. I guess they should sit on millions in inventory and not try to sell it. They must be low IQ *******s too.
This wide body is 6000 off sticker.

023 Dodge CHARGER SCAT PACK WIDEBODY​

VIN: 2C3CDXGJ4PH672954
Stock: 00235161
Model: LDDR48
In Stock
Ext.
Int.

• MSRP: $62,700
  • Internet Price: $57,400
  • Retail Consumer cash -$1,000
  • Koons Price $56,400
Every RT and above has similar discounts.
Every dealer I look at is discounting their Chargers and Challengers. Guess they are all idiots, according to your logic.
There is national advertising again to push these cars. In 3 months the ads will be gone.

MPE426HEMI

Reaction score
See the decline of sales in Canada? They don’t want you to comment on it here. That company is going down, big time!
They haven’t got a clue about car sales. The prices they want for new vehicles are insane. Did anyone at Staleantics ever do any pricing comparisons? What morons are running that place? Can’t even get a modestly priced vehicle on the lot now. Nothing to offer only driveway bling! Lots of other manufacturers have some entry level vehicles for the non-millionaires who actually have to work to get by. I know Chrysler has long been dead, but this proves how out of touch they are with consumers nowadays. That hornet is a disaster, especially the pricing. They’re totally crazy to think anyone would drop the cash they want for those, when there’s a 100 other vehicles out there for less that are better. I’ve moved on to another manufacturer after 50 years. So I finally know how this company dies, by pricing itself out of the market & thinking they actually have the vehicles worthy of it! What a sad bunch of morons!

AlexB

Reaction score
See the decline of sales in Canada? They don’t want you to comment on it here. That company is going down, big time!
They haven’t got a clue about car sales. The prices they want for new vehicles are insane. Did anyone at Staleantics ever do any pricing comparisons? What morons are running that place? Can’t even get a modestly priced vehicle on the lot now. Nothing to offer only driveway bling! Lots of other manufacturers have some entry level vehicles for the non-millionaires who actually have to work to get by. I know Chrysler has long been dead, but this proves how out of touch they are with consumers nowadays. That hornet is a disaster, especially the pricing. They’re totally crazy to think anyone would drop the cash they want for those, when there’s a 100 other vehicles out there for less that are better. I’ve moved on to another manufacturer after 50 years. So I finally know how this company dies, by pricing itself out of the market & thinking they actually have the vehicles worthy of it! What a sad bunch of morons!
"when there’s a 100 other vehicles out there for less that are "
Beat it

ipa0628

Reaction score
They haven’t got a clue about car sales. The prices they want for new vehicles are insane. Did anyone at Staleantics ever do any pricing comparisons? What morons are running that place? Can’t even get a modestly priced vehicle on the lot now. Nothing to offer only driveway bling! Lots of other manufacturers have some entry level vehicles for the non-millionaires who actually have to work to get by. I know Chrysler has long been dead, but this proves how out of touch they are with consumers nowadays. That hornet is a disaster, especially the pricing. They’re totally crazy to think anyone would drop the cash they want for those, when there’s a 100 other vehicles out there for less that are better. I’ve moved onto another manufacturer after 50 years. So I finally know how this company dies, by pricing itself out of the market & thinking they actually have the vehicles worthy of it! What a sad bunch of morons!
You are so correct. They have absolutely nothing in the mid sized SUV market right now. Losing sales and future customers big time. Oh, but they have high margins and profits. That will get people in the door to buy what they don't have.

AlexB

Reaction score
You are so correct. They have absolutely nothing in the mid sized SUV market right now. Losing sales and future customers big time. Oh, but they have high margins and profits. That will get people in the door to buy what they don't have.
Mid-Size FWD such of a wonderfully category....that Ford is getting out of it by discontinuing the Edge WITH NO REPLACEMENT.
@TripleT

ipa0628

Reaction score
Mid-Size FWD such of a wonderfully category....that Ford is getting out of it by discontinuing the Edge WITH NO REPLACEMENT.
@TripleT
They have the Explorer and the Edge is getting replaced with an EV. I am not talking about the Edge to begin with. What do they have in the CRV, RAV 4, Santa Fe, Sorento, Equinox, Escape market. NOTHING!!!
Go buy your 100 GW and give Stellantis some needed profits. Look how many they sold of with 15% on the hood last quarter. Just shows you that even the big spenders have limits.

AlexB

Reaction score
They have the Explorer and the Edge is getting replaced with an EV. I am not talking about the Edge to begin with. What do they have in the CRV, RAV 4, Santa Fe, Sorento, Equinox, Escape market. NOTHING!!!
Go buy your 100 GW and give Stellantis some needed profits. Look how many they sold of with 15% on the hood last quarter. Just shows you that even the big spenders have limits.
Ford isn't replacing the Edge with an EV..they ain't replacing it with anything. Like always your posting is totally gaslighting(3 row Explorer which been delayed) ...you posted ''They have absolutely nothing in the mid sized SUV market right now.'' but when facts of profitability is introduce ''bad faith'' arguments with Not one once D@mn sense of business logic.
Buzz off.

ipa0628

Reaction score
Ford isn't replacing the Edge with an EV..they ain't replacing it with anything. Like always your posting is totally gaslighting(3 row Explorer which been delayed) ...you posted ''They have absolutely nothing in the mid sized SUV market right now.'' but when facts of profitability is introduce ''bad faith'' arguments with Not one once D@mn sense of business logic.
Buzz off.
So Stellantis is not supposed to produce anything unless they make huge profits on it. Make everyone buy GC Overlands, Tungsten Rams, and GW level 3. At this point they pretty much have nothing but high end vehicles. In your logic that is the only market that matters. Send people to Toyota or Honda for life. You make no sense.
A lot of people don't use cars as status symbols. I know plenty of well off people who drive Kias , Hyundais, and Toyotas. They are not sub prime as you derisively call them. In your twisted mind, anybody that won't pay over 50K for a car is a worthless sub prime buyer. Never mind they might be paying college tutuion for a couple kids and a mortgage.

TripleT

Reaction score
@TripleT
People need to use an inflation calculator when they post flames. What happened is that got old, here is an example on sale 79' Omni O24 Primitive in every way. Roll windows, 75 hp engine carb engine, manual, no-air, AM-FM, very questionable build quality, risky safety, Brink of Bankruptcy, $6,100 ...

"See See Stallantis has lost it minds, look at the old days when I could take advantage of near death company to get a good deal." Oh, wait what is that in todays dollars over $26,000.

Let face it to Many people who claim to be Mopar fans are not mopar the company fans at all. They are fans of getting a good deal on an overcapacity, low margin, near death company that they can get a perceived value in.

No one is today buying a O24 for $26K like it was in 79' flip in any product back then even the savior K cars. They are primitive in today's marketplace and would be considered massively overpriced.

Many here are now Kia.... for now... then China.... then South East asia.... then possibly Africa if they ever sort the ports out. They live in a time that never really existed with a company that sold just enough to keep the lights on. Almost like a charity.

Users who are viewing this thread