Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Is Sending Mixed Messages About Its Future Vehicles

Stellantis Is Sending Mixed Messages About Its Future Vehicles​

Is The Automaker So Focused On EVs, It Isn't Informing The Public About Its Other Offerings?​

1719426175494.png

In recent months, Stellantis has faced considerable backlash over its push towards electric vehicles (EVs), but it’s worth noting that the company isn’t abandoning internal combustion engines (ICEs) and hybrids just yet. However, Stellantis’ management seems reluctant to emphasize this fact, leading to confusion and frustration among consumers and industry watchers alike.

bill burke

Reaction score
The obvious internal conflicts and confusion at Stellantis is hard to deny or ignore, the place is rudderless, highly conflicted and suffering from a bad case of hubris. We got it loud and clear.
It’s easy Carlos and company, repeat after me: “I and we were totally wrong in our thinking and planning both short and long term. We regret our error and inability, so far, to change our plans, we are sorry. Going forward, we promise, Internal Combustion Engines, including a next generation Hemi V-8, will be developed and made an option on all North American products immediately..We are idiots, Amen.”
Repeat after me...”We are idiots”. Again if your truly sorry...”We are idiots”. AMEN !
We got it, loud and clear.

1960D500

Reaction score
I cant help but get that same sinking feeling when Damliar created the joint venture of equals with these clowns.

I think it would be nice if Chrysler just went it alone or joined Honda and stop the coffer raiding to fun foreign crap cars.

It’s going to be a real eye opener on how Ram 1500 does without the Hemi and Classic in the next little while.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
I cant help but get that same sinking feeling when Damliar created the joint venture of equals with these clowns.

I think it would be nice if Chrysler just went it alone or joined Honda and stop the coffer raiding to fun foreign crap cars.

It’s going to be a real eye opener on how Ram 1500 does without the Hemi and Classic in the next little while.

If I was running Ram, I would have continued to produce the 2024 Ram 1500 (DT) trucks as the new Classic. But only produce Tradesman, Warlock, Big Horn, and Laramie models. The 2025 truck could have been rolled out slower and address the massive issues with the new 2025 trucks and its Atlantis architecture.

AlexB

Reaction score
If I was running Ram, I would have continued to produce the 2024 Ram 1500 (DT) trucks as the new Classic. But only produce Tradesman, Warlock, Big Horn, and Laramie models. The 2025 truck could have been rolled out slower and address the massive issues with the new 2025 trucks and its Atlantis architecture.
That's huge given the CFO keeps pushing RAM 1500 to Wall Street as the main reason for the second half of 2024 financial improvement vs first half 2024.

AlexB

Reaction score

Is The Automaker So Focused On EVs, It Isn't Informing The Public About Its Other Offerings?​

View attachment 9671

In recent months, Stellantis has faced considerable backlash over its push towards electric vehicles (EVs), but it’s worth noting that the company isn’t abandoning internal combustion engines (ICEs) and hybrids just yet. However, Stellantis’ management seems reluctant to emphasize this fact, leading to confusion and frustration among consumers and industry watchers alike.

IMG_2665.png

AlexB

Reaction score

View attachment 9671

IMG_2671.png
Kind of clear on planning for North America:
@TripleT
Just griping about HEMI? ... (or as Carlos stated: "Fines subtract from Shareholders, buying credits subtract from Shareholders").

Saltyferret

Reaction score
Actually, the message is quite clear...Stellantis will gut the US factories and engineering, moving anything he can to 3rd world ****holes in an effort to increase that $39 million paycheck at any cost. All his tactics are geared towards creating the cheapest autos and sell at the highest price. Quality of Stellantis products are at an all time low with inventory levels high. How many $100k Wagoneers can you sell in the burbs of India or Brazil? Great business plan. He seams pretty butt hurt about the UAW questioning his paycheck.

AlexB

Reaction score
Actually, the message is quite clear...Stellantis will gut the US factories and engineering, moving anything he can to 3rd world ****holes in an effort to increase that $39 million paycheck at any cost. All his tactics are geared towards creating the cheapest autos and sell at the highest price. Quality of Stellantis products are at an all time low with inventory levels high. How many $100k Wagoneers can you sell in the burbs of India or Brazil? Great business plan. He seams pretty butt hurt about the UAW questioning his paycheck.
You can't move trucks... little thing call "chicken tax"+ heavy weight.
Shows your lack of knowledge of trade & product..

BWS1

Reaction score
Five years tops what’s left of the vestiges of Mopar is dead. Rename your forum. Nothing they’re doing now relates to anything Mopar. European conglomerate ran by Frenchies. Said it before , say it again, the French have already proven their understanding of the North American market through the decades with…………………. What Lecar? lol . Move along folks nothing to see here

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
That's huge given the CFO keeps pushing RAM 1500 to Wall Street as the main reason for the second half of 2024 financial improvement vs first half 2024.

The reason Ram 1500s aren't selling is because they are overpriced, low incentives compared to other manufacturers, and the 2025 pickups are having massive electrical problems. I was told by a source that Ram is planning on lowering prices across the Ram 1500 lineup very very soon. I am talking huge reduction in prices.

AlexB

Reaction score
The reason Ram 1500s aren't selling is because they are overpriced, low incentives compared to other manufacturers, and the 2025 pickups are having massive electrical problems. I was told by a source that Ram is planning on lowering prices across the Ram 1500 lineup very very soon. I am talking huge reduction in prices.
Including the RAM REV?
Executives did blame Sterling Heights without saying the plant name.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
I am genuinely inclined to agree that if Stellantis continues to move in the direction it is heading, it's going to take that "9-second pass straight to extinction" as Tim Kuniskis so eloquently put it. I've stated before that Stellantis does need to repurpose their brands to make the North American brands more profitable which would allow Stellantis to price their vehicles more accordingly and also allow for expansion of the brands with new models that would allow Stellantis North America to cover a wider range of the auto market and allow them to profitably sell EVs along with ICE & Hybrid vehicles in a more strategic manner. If Chrysler is a Luxury brand, let Chrysler be a luxury brand. if Jeep is a Jeep brand, let Jeep sell Jeeps that fit the definition of what a Jeep is. If Ram is a truck brand (which it is) Let it continue to sell MIGHTY MOPAR POWER WAGONS!!! (yes that was a power rangers reference.) And if Dodge is going to be the people's brand then let it continue to be Dodge! While they are repurposed, that doesn't mean they need to be pigeonholed kind of like what they are now.

Stellantis has four STLA platforms and a plethora of powertrain options along with the fact that Mopar has such a rich history of vehicles and powertrains that it does not have to do what it's doing at all. I've said before the possibilities of what Stellantis could do with the Mopar brands are endless and they could do alot of it without upsetting the EPA, without buying tax credits and without upsetting their customer base and fan base and in fact they could have done things that would have kept everyone happy. Chrysler could have easily been purposed to take on brands like Cadillac, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Audi, Lexus, Acura and Genesis along with Tesla, Lucid & Porsche. And they could have done it with both full BEV and Hybrid powertrains with ideas from something they just brought out being the Dodge Charger. Let's think about the 1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst. It's not too dissimilar from the Charger in design and to market it as a vehicle that could be a market rival with the BWM 7-Series Li, the Mercedes S-Class, Audi A8 and the Lucid Air with some vehicles featuring a hybrid version of the Hurricane-6 High Output and others with the 400V & 800V full BEV powertrains. Retro '70's Hurst styling with a front and rear R-wing that's adjustable on the EV variants and a rear only adjustable wing on the Hybrid variants with all of the luxury and performance a Chrysler 300 Hurst vehicle would be known for and sell it as a four door coupe and you have a car that can be marketed at a premium price that is electrified with every powertrains. The same goes for several other vehicles from a renamed Grand Wagoneer to Chrysler Imperial, along with other names for vehicle that speak of wealth like the Chrysler New Yorker, Chrysler Fifth Ave, Chrysler Newport and Lebaron. While these vehicles would bring back that top tier Chrysler luxury to the Automotive scene, it doesn't mean there isn't room for two other Chrysler names to return that would be a bit more hot-rod retro fun. I wouldn't be upset about the rebirth of a Chrysler Prowler and Chrysler PT Cruiser, redone on the STLA Large platform, with the Prowler going back to a '32 Plymouth PB Coupe look more than a Ford Hot Rod and the PT Cruiser hitting the scene as more of a modern version of a '32 Plymouth Hot Rod sedan both with 550hp versions of the Hurricane Cat-3 with a bit of Chrysler luxury on the inside but all hotrod on the outside with the wide fenders, side pipes and all of the things that made hot rods cool along with a whole bunch of Direct Connection upgrades, but of course, still emissions compliant. Remember, this is still an American market.

Let Jeep go back to being Jeep. Wrangler Renegade 2-door jeeps, Wrangler Unlimited 4-door Jeeps, SJ styled Cherokee 2&4 Door models, off-road rugged but still plush, body on frame Wagoneers (not escalade competitors), Gladiators, and a Jeep Trail Duster (yes I know it was the Plymouth Trail Duster back in the '70's but Plymouth is gone). Outside of a full size off-road trail duster SUV with a Standard Output 3.0L 420hp Hurricane, everything else should come with the 2.0L Hybrid 4Xe powertrain, meaning that most of the lineup is hybrid.

Ram is mostly fine with the new lineup, although the new STLA: Large Rampage pickup needs to hurry up and the Ramcharger should have been a Rebel/RHO based off road SUV, but we all know that. a Ram 1500HD "D100 Classic" pickup still needs to happen with a 5.7L I-6 Cummins turbo diesel with a hybrid-diesel drivetrain. Something that would be a great, farm truck, hunting truck and fishing truck and just all around truck with a classic two-tone look. Something that's less Monster Truck Big Rig and more simple old-school 4x4.

Dodge needs to be rethought as "the people's brand." This means, Dodge not only needs to continue making the raw performance vehicles that it makes, but it also needs to figure out a better way to contend with the rest of the world outside of the muscle car range. Yes it does need to build some Dodge versions of the more pedestrian vehicles that aren't quite muscle cars but aren't "beige" either. Dodge needs to be the Stellantis affordable volume selling brand that Stellantis can use to flood the American market and fight off vehicles like the Honda Civic, the Toyota Corolla, Camry & Crown, the Acura TLX, Integra, MDX and the Ford Explorer. Stellantis with the STLA Medium platform can knock alot of that out of the park with Hybrid vehicles that can have a transverse mounted 4-cylinder turbo front axle powertrain with a multi-speed 400V rear axle powertrain. With the footprint of the STLA Medium platform, I've already mentioned that Dodge could bring back a vehicle about the size of an M3/M4 with a 3-door hatchback coupe, a 5-door fastback hatchback, a more traditional 5-door hatchback and a wagon and call it the Dart and have it range from being very mild and pedestrian to having well over 500hp and having it as a serious contender to not only vehicles like the Civic Type R but also the Ford Mustang Dark horse and even an M3/M4 in both normal and competition trim specs all for an affordable price and they'd be 4-cylinder hybrids that can return better MPG numbers and way smaller carbon footprint specs as they can be driving in not only eco modes but also full EV modes. Plus direct connection pkgs that can take those power numbers even higher. Same thing with the Hornet. a 500hp+ Hornet GLH on the STLA medium platform, with the regular Hornet R/T and Hornet being slightly revamped being slightly larger and less goofy shaped would actually help the model sell and if they're all hybrids, Dodge could really do what it needs to lower their carbon footprint and make the EPA happy. The Dart and Hornet Combo could actually spice up the Dodge brand in a positive way while still electrifying the brand and being more of those types of gateway vehicles that the Hornet was supposed to be. Dodge also needs to reclaim the Minivan and bring back the Grand Caravan as a Hybrid vehicle on the STLA Large platform. the 375hp 2.0L 4Xe powertrain would definitely be more than sufficient as the sole hybrid powertrain, while a 400v full EV R/T version with the Grand Caravan R/T putting out 340kW or 456hp for people who want a bit more performance with a single option 496hp Grand Caravan R/T Stage-1 trim package with a bunch of performance goodies and a few other things. A Dodge Nitro brought back as the STLA Large Dodge version of what the Jeep Recon should be with a base 3.6L V6 and a 2.0L 4Xe Hybrid powertrain for an R/T model would fit right in with the lineup on the Large platform with an optional 400v EV variant, filling the gap of the Dodge Journey in a more versatile package. a full EV Dodge Neon would serve as the full-electric Tesla Model-3/Kia EV6 volume selling EV competitor. At This point right here, You have several vehicles that not only give the Mopar brands a new lease on life but purpose as well. From here, you can now focus on a few Mopar Muscle cars and even bring back a bit of tradition to the brand while looking forward and electrifying the brand at the same time.
The STLA Large platform is already geared for the next chapter of Mopar Muscle and the new Charger does bring with it a design that loosely hearkens back to the 1969 Model year, minus a few MAJOR styling points ( I am going to harp over those doors until they fix them, that is inexcusable!) While I am mostly excited for the new Charger and I am anxiously waiting to see this vehicle in person, I feel it is a stroke of laziness on the part of Stellantis in making the Charger both a 2 & 4 door model, when they didn't have to. Now I'm not going to lie, I'm really not going to miss the Challenger at all when it's gone. I love the car but I'm more of a fan of the mid-size muscle cars more than the pony cars. To me, if the Charger is going to be the coupe, then the more formal-roof Coronet should have returned as the four-door variant with it's own styling from the '70 Coronet. That would have been a great way to bring back the Dodge "Scat Pack" and still have some separation between the two and four door muscle vehicles, especially considering that the Coronet originally was offered with a sedan body style which the Charger did not have. Having an STLA Medium platform Dart with a focus on Sport Compact/Pony Car performance, while the Charger and Cornet focus on Muscle car dominance along with bringing an STLA Large Platform Dodge Durango and Ram Rampage into the pack, which would also Hearken back to the '90's era of Mopar performance, Dodge could still have it's cake and eat it too. Here is where it gets interesting though. Dodge could offer a base 375-390hp 2.0L Hybrid setup based on the 4Xe powertrain in a GT package, a 420hp 3.0L Hurricane version (matching the 3.0L Ecoboost from Ford) in an R/T package, a 3.0L H/O 550hp version and then on top of that having a DOHC 5.2L Hybrid that can out-perform today's Hellcats (pushing maybe 765hp and alot of torque so it would outpower the GT500 Shelby mustang with the same size V8 while also being able to utilize the ZF 8HP plug in hybrid transmission technology which not only acts as a power adder but also allows the car to run in full electric mode which still reduces emissions. The 5.2L V8 would also pay homage to a very famous Mopar engine, the 318ci V8 which had a metric displacement of about 5.2L. A small displacement hybrid V8 with AWD and backed with optional Direct Connection upgrades should keep everyone completely happy. With a 5.2L Hybrid Charger Daytona coupe and Coronet Super Bee sedan duo along with a Durango and Rampage Rumble Bee duo, who is going to complain? No one! On top of that, it still leaves room for the 885hp Banshee packages and their Stage 1 & 2 optional packages. The Hybrid 5.2L V8 with that kind of power could also return to challenge the Raptor-R and dethrone it again in a Ram 1500 TRX package along with bringing about an SRT-Warlock Street truck and an 800V Ram SRT Banshee EV street truck. This could also be a cool way of bring back the RTS (Rapid Transit System) that Plymouth called their performance vehicles but this time it would be on the Ram performance trucks such as the Rampage Rumble Bee/Banshee, a Ram 1500 SRT Warlock and a Ram 1500 SRT Banshee.

Stellantis CEOs have admitted an arrogance on their part when it comes to taking responsibility for the mistakes that were make in the Market as of recent. The company's flaws aren't the fact that they are trying to evolve to survive in the current market, the issue is they responded late to the changes and their response was a knee-jerk reaction without stopping to think of what all they had at their disposal and how they could utilize their rich history to keep moving forward with what they were currently doing but tweak it to make it work for their advantage. Not saying they didn't study the new rulebooks and try to exploit grey areas and figure out what they could do, they just didn't look at it from all angles. the Ford 5.0L and 5.2L and Godzilla V8 are all surviving because of the ecoboost platform and the fact that Ford can be versatile. Dodge decided to wallow in nostalgia but not in a productive for the future type way. There is nothing wrong with adding hybrids and EVs to the lineups of the Mopar brands but it needs to be done right.

AlexB

Reaction score
I am genuinely inclined to agree that if Stellantis continues to move in the direction it is heading, it's going to take that "9-second pass straight to extinction" as Tim Kuniskis so eloquently put it. I've stated before that Stellantis does need to repurpose their brands to make the North American brands more profitable which would allow Stellantis to price their vehicles more accordingly and also allow for expansion of the brands with new models that would allow Stellantis North America to cover a wider range of the auto market and allow them to profitably sell EVs along with ICE & Hybrid vehicles in a more strategic manner. If Chrysler is a Luxury brand, let Chrysler be a luxury brand. if Jeep is a Jeep brand, let Jeep sell Jeeps that fit the definition of what a Jeep is. If Ram is a truck brand (which it is) Let it continue to sell MIGHTY MOPAR POWER WAGONS!!! (yes that was a power rangers reference.) And if Dodge is going to be the people's brand then let it continue to be Dodge! While they are repurposed, that doesn't mean they need to be pigeonholed kind of like what they are now.

Stellantis has four STLA platforms and a plethora of powertrain options along with the fact that Mopar has such a rich history of vehicles and powertrains that it does not have to do what it's doing at all. I've said before the possibilities of what Stellantis could do with the Mopar brands are endless and they could do alot of it without upsetting the EPA, without buying tax credits and without upsetting their customer base and fan base and in fact they could have done things that would have kept everyone happy. Chrysler could have easily been purposed to take on brands like Cadillac, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Audi, Lexus, Acura and Genesis along with Tesla, Lucid & Porsche. And they could have done it with both full BEV and Hybrid powertrains with ideas from something they just brought out being the Dodge Charger. Let's think about the 1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst. It's not too dissimilar from the Charger in design and to market it as a vehicle that could be a market rival with the BWM 7-Series Li, the Mercedes S-Class, Audi A8 and the Lucid Air with some vehicles featuring a hybrid version of the Hurricane-6 High Output and others with the 400V & 800V full BEV powertrains. Retro '70's Hurst styling with a front and rear R-wing that's adjustable on the EV variants and a rear only adjustable wing on the Hybrid variants with all of the luxury and performance a Chrysler 300 Hurst vehicle would be known for and sell it as a four door coupe and you have a car that can be marketed at a premium price that is electrified with every powertrains. The same goes for several other vehicles from a renamed Grand Wagoneer to Chrysler Imperial, along with other names for vehicle that speak of wealth like the Chrysler New Yorker, Chrysler Fifth Ave, Chrysler Newport and Lebaron. While these vehicles would bring back that top tier Chrysler luxury to the Automotive scene, it doesn't mean there isn't room for two other Chrysler names to return that would be a bit more hot-rod retro fun. I wouldn't be upset about the rebirth of a Chrysler Prowler and Chrysler PT Cruiser, redone on the STLA Large platform, with the Prowler going back to a '32 Plymouth PB Coupe look more than a Ford Hot Rod and the PT Cruiser hitting the scene as more of a modern version of a '32 Plymouth Hot Rod sedan both with 550hp versions of the Hurricane Cat-3 with a bit of Chrysler luxury on the inside but all hotrod on the outside with the wide fenders, side pipes and all of the things that made hot rods cool along with a whole bunch of Direct Connection upgrades, but of course, still emissions compliant. Remember, this is still an American market.

Let Jeep go back to being Jeep. Wrangler Renegade 2-door jeeps, Wrangler Unlimited 4-door Jeeps, SJ styled Cherokee 2&4 Door models, off-road rugged but still plush, body on frame Wagoneers (not escalade competitors), Gladiators, and a Jeep Trail Duster (yes I know it was the Plymouth Trail Duster back in the '70's but Plymouth is gone). Outside of a full size off-road trail duster SUV with a Standard Output 3.0L 420hp Hurricane, everything else should come with the 2.0L Hybrid 4Xe powertrain, meaning that most of the lineup is hybrid.

Ram is mostly fine with the new lineup, although the new STLA: Large Rampage pickup needs to hurry up and the Ramcharger should have been a Rebel/RHO based off road SUV, but we all know that. a Ram 1500HD "D100 Classic" pickup still needs to happen with a 5.7L I-6 Cummins turbo diesel with a hybrid-diesel drivetrain. Something that would be a great, farm truck, hunting truck and fishing truck and just all around truck with a classic two-tone look. Something that's less Monster Truck Big Rig and more simple old-school 4x4.

Dodge needs to be rethought as "the people's brand." This means, Dodge not only needs to continue making the raw performance vehicles that it makes, but it also needs to figure out a better way to contend with the rest of the world outside of the muscle car range. Yes it does need to build some Dodge versions of the more pedestrian vehicles that aren't quite muscle cars but aren't "beige" either. Dodge needs to be the Stellantis affordable volume selling brand that Stellantis can use to flood the American market and fight off vehicles like the Honda Civic, the Toyota Corolla, Camry & Crown, the Acura TLX, Integra, MDX and the Ford Explorer. Stellantis with the STLA Medium platform can knock alot of that out of the park with Hybrid vehicles that can have a transverse mounted 4-cylinder turbo front axle powertrain with a multi-speed 400V rear axle powertrain. With the footprint of the STLA Medium platform, I've already mentioned that Dodge could bring back a vehicle about the size of an M3/M4 with a 3-door hatchback coupe, a 5-door fastback hatchback, a more traditional 5-door hatchback and a wagon and call it the Dart and have it range from being very mild and pedestrian to having well over 500hp and having it as a serious contender to not only vehicles like the Civic Type R but also the Ford Mustang Dark horse and even an M3/M4 in both normal and competition trim specs all for an affordable price and they'd be 4-cylinder hybrids that can return better MPG numbers and way smaller carbon footprint specs as they can be driving in not only eco modes but also full EV modes. Plus direct connection pkgs that can take those power numbers even higher. Same thing with the Hornet. a 500hp+ Hornet GLH on the STLA medium platform, with the regular Hornet R/T and Hornet being slightly revamped being slightly larger and less goofy shaped would actually help the model sell and if they're all hybrids, Dodge could really do what it needs to lower their carbon footprint and make the EPA happy. The Dart and Hornet Combo could actually spice up the Dodge brand in a positive way while still electrifying the brand and being more of those types of gateway vehicles that the Hornet was supposed to be. Dodge also needs to reclaim the Minivan and bring back the Grand Caravan as a Hybrid vehicle on the STLA Large platform. the 375hp 2.0L 4Xe powertrain would definitely be more than sufficient as the sole hybrid powertrain, while a 400v full EV R/T version with the Grand Caravan R/T putting out 340kW or 456hp for people who want a bit more performance with a single option 496hp Grand Caravan R/T Stage-1 trim package with a bunch of performance goodies and a few other things. A Dodge Nitro brought back as the STLA Large Dodge version of what the Jeep Recon should be with a base 3.6L V6 and a 2.0L 4Xe Hybrid powertrain for an R/T model would fit right in with the lineup on the Large platform with an optional 400v EV variant, filling the gap of the Dodge Journey in a more versatile package. a full EV Dodge Neon would serve as the full-electric Tesla Model-3/Kia EV6 volume selling EV competitor. At This point right here, You have several vehicles that not only give the Mopar brands a new lease on life but purpose as well. From here, you can now focus on a few Mopar Muscle cars and even bring back a bit of tradition to the brand while looking forward and electrifying the brand at the same time.
The STLA Large platform is already geared for the next chapter of Mopar Muscle and the new Charger does bring with it a design that loosely hearkens back to the 1969 Model year, minus a few MAJOR styling points ( I am going to harp over those doors until they fix them, that is inexcusable!) While I am mostly excited for the new Charger and I am anxiously waiting to see this vehicle in person, I feel it is a stroke of laziness on the part of Stellantis in making the Charger both a 2 & 4 door model, when they didn't have to. Now I'm not going to lie, I'm really not going to miss the Challenger at all when it's gone. I love the car but I'm more of a fan of the mid-size muscle cars more than the pony cars. To me, if the Charger is going to be the coupe, then the more formal-roof Coronet should have returned as the four-door variant with it's own styling from the '70 Coronet. That would have been a great way to bring back the Dodge "Scat Pack" and still have some separation between the two and four door muscle vehicles, especially considering that the Coronet originally was offered with a sedan body style which the Charger did not have. Having an STLA Medium platform Dart with a focus on Sport Compact/Pony Car performance, while the Charger and Cornet focus on Muscle car dominance along with bringing an STLA Large Platform Dodge Durango and Ram Rampage into the pack, which would also Hearken back to the '90's era of Mopar performance, Dodge could still have it's cake and eat it too. Here is where it gets interesting though. Dodge could offer a base 375-390hp 2.0L Hybrid setup based on the 4Xe powertrain in a GT package, a 420hp 3.0L Hurricane version (matching the 3.0L Ecoboost from Ford) in an R/T package, a 3.0L H/O 550hp version and then on top of that having a DOHC 5.2L Hybrid that can out-perform today's Hellcats (pushing maybe 765hp and alot of torque so it would outpower the GT500 Shelby mustang with the same size V8 while also being able to utilize the ZF 8HP plug in hybrid transmission technology which not only acts as a power adder but also allows the car to run in full electric mode which still reduces emissions. The 5.2L V8 would also pay homage to a very famous Mopar engine, the 318ci V8 which had a metric displacement of about 5.2L. A small displacement hybrid V8 with AWD and backed with optional Direct Connection upgrades should keep everyone completely happy. With a 5.2L Hybrid Charger Daytona coupe and Coronet Super Bee sedan duo along with a Durango and Rampage Rumble Bee duo, who is going to complain? No one! On top of that, it still leaves room for the 885hp Banshee packages and their Stage 1 & 2 optional packages. The Hybrid 5.2L V8 with that kind of power could also return to challenge the Raptor-R and dethrone it again in a Ram 1500 TRX package along with bringing about an SRT-Warlock Street truck and an 800V Ram SRT Banshee EV street truck. This could also be a cool way of bring back the RTS (Rapid Transit System) that Plymouth called their performance vehicles but this time it would be on the Ram performance trucks such as the Rampage Rumble Bee/Banshee, a Ram 1500 SRT Warlock and a Ram 1500 SRT Banshee.

Stellantis CEOs have admitted an arrogance on their part when it comes to taking responsibility for the mistakes that were make in the Market as of recent. The company's flaws aren't the fact that they are trying to evolve to survive in the current market, the issue is they responded late to the changes and their response was a knee-jerk reaction without stopping to think of what all they had at their disposal and how they could utilize their rich history to keep moving forward with what they were currently doing but tweak it to make it work for their advantage. Not saying they didn't study the new rulebooks and try to exploit grey areas and figure out what they could do, they just didn't look at it from all angles. the Ford 5.0L and 5.2L and Godzilla V8 are all surviving because of the ecoboost platform and the fact that Ford can be versatile. Dodge decided to wallow in nostalgia but not in a productive for the future type way. There is nothing wrong with adding hybrids and EVs to the lineups of the Mopar brands but it needs to be done right.
Dart ain't going to happen, and Jeep is the main brand in North America.

TripleT

Reaction score
Volvo which is a Geely just stop producing Sedans for NA, there is no Margin still overcapacity within those who build them. NO ROI.

Last edited:

TripleT

Reaction score
View attachment 9675
Kind of clear on planning for North America:
@TripleT
Just griping about HEMI? ... (or as Carlos stated: "Fines subtract from Shareholders, buying credits subtract from Shareholders").
They need to be ahead of this in the Marketing, showing it as faster, quicker, stronger, and more durable. It can be done, they did it with the Cummins.

BTW just saw a new Hornet R/T commercial... AGIAN no mention the it a PHEV that can get insane MPG. It was all performance based POWER SHOT.

Last edited:

patfromigh

Reaction score
Dodge needs to be the Stellantis affordable volume selling brand that Stellantis can use to flood the American market and fight off vehicles like the Honda Civic, the Toyota Corolla, Camry & Crown, the Acura TLX, Integra, MDX and the Ford Explorer.
The Civic and Corolla are way ahead of the game because the Japanese automakers didn't take the net-zero bait and doubled down on hybrids. I noticed you didn't mention the Accord. Sales on that sedan are faltering because the latest Civic is too close in size and mission. The latest Camry has raised the sedan bar far too high for any Stellantis product to clear. I have stated this previously in another thread. The Crown series is where the Chrysler brand should be, a tall sedan and a crossover. A third "Sport SUV" model isn't offered here at this time.

The Dodge Durango competes against the Explorer. It is on the chopping block, but will have a replacement ... someday :sleep: . Rumor has that the Durango replacement will use the same platform as the Grand Cherokee, but the name won't carry on.

Stellantis is caught in the wilderness between the laws of the land and the laws of physics. Mass adoption of battery electric vehicles won't work in the United States. Our creaking electricity grid will not support it and the materials needed for producing EVs are limited. The Charger Daytona and Jeep Wagoneer S are resource hogs planned for a market segment which has recently evaporated. It is possible to use less batteries, see the chart in post #10.

I'm going to contradict myself and state that Chrysler should build the Halcyon. Install a line in Mexico to produce the Leapmotor C01 sedan, but have a version with unique Chrysler styling and use a domestic engine for the EREV option. Chrysler can not survive as an all EV brand. They must have some ICE options, even if those options are still plug-in hybrids.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread