Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Is Pulling Out Of North American Auto Shows

In a notable decision reflecting the evolving dynamics of the automotive industry, Stellantis has formally announced its withdrawal from the North American auto show circuit. The conglomerate, encompassing an impressive array of car and truck brands, including Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, FIAT, and Ram, cited the challenges inherent in the current automotive market as … (read full article...)

tempImageIFukxd.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TripleT

Reaction score
“Well, Prince, so Genoa and Lucca are now just family estates of the Buonapartes. But I warn you, if you don’t tell me that this means war, if you still try to defend the infamies and horrors perpetrated by that Antichrist—I really believe he is Antichrist”

Well Mr Tolstoy

Buy 2 Chryslers in 53 years, I have owned more than that. There is a ROI and your the fan of the Brand

No it was not SM that made Chrysler Plymouth that was Dieter Zerche, but nice try.

SM could have killed it like Cerberus planned but didn’t.

Yes he admitted he shouldn’t have approved the full capacity 200 implementation, the sedan market was over capacity and margins even at Honda and Toyota turn upside down, let’s not for get the NA manager frogged walked out of Georgetown and Honda printing Civic to minimize fixed cost. All at the same time, at most it should have done a partial out of Belvedere. He took responsibility, but it sure as crap was talked into it.

3 biggest mistakes under SM ….

1. Fiat Launch as boutiques instead of CDJR as the new Plymouth

2. Launching Jeep in China, instead of Chrysler giving that brand a volume to supposed USA products like Buick. Rich Chinese want American Jeeps

3. Over investing in Chrysler capacity most in the 200 and bit in the Pacifica …. Delaying the Giorgio Architecture by nearly 3 years. The current STLA large shift would be at least 2 years ahead of where we are now.

So here we are a Nee Flagship…. Ballon announcement….. you buying it?

Didn’t think so.

Get off my lawn

Brw Caddy and Lincoln are SUV brands, we have Jeep for that, only a moron would have slapped Walter’s name on those to sell less for less margin

patfromigh

Reaction score
I sincerely hope Ram Commercial still maintains its presence at the Work Truck Show. (It is now called Work Truck Week.) Ram Commercial is on the list of exhibitors, but this was posted before the day before the Stellantis announcement. I don't think this show is part of the auto show circuit however. It is not a consumer event because it is tailored towards commercial and fleet buyers. I'm not high enough up on the corporate ladder to get tickets.:cry:

Reaction score
When I was a kid many, many moons ago,y dad had a saying when I was going to do something that wasn’t the smartest thing to do. I am sure some of you may have heard this.

“Don’t cut off your nose to spite your face.”

I think Stellantis just cut off their nose!
Hello Mr. miller

I’m the real owner of Chrysler Group LLC. And my parent company is Smith & Smith co. LLC. And I’m the only trustee I suggest you get your facts straight before you spread fake news !!!

patfromigh

Reaction score
I've read all the comments on this thread and the Super Bowl ad thread and find it interesting very few are giving Stellantis the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps these recent developments are statements of dissent. Our society has some pretty serious issues, much of it coming from politicians, along with a media doing much to divert our attention from reality. Maybe, just maybe, Stellantis management is deciding not to participate in the "bread and circuses" any longer. The auto show circuit and most decidedly the Super Bowl fit that definition. If the corporate policy makers are trying to leave a tootsie roll floating in the punch bowl, they are certainly on the right path. Government bureaucrats are really tightening the screws on the automakers with such things as zero emissions mandates and requiring transponders which report speed violations. The people hatching up such dystopian rules won't be on any ballot.

A lot of contempt was poured out on Sergio Marchionne when he said to the press "not to buy a Fiat 500e because we lose money on each one we sell." He was telling the truth which isn't allowed if it contradicts the media narrative. Ask Ford and GM how they are doing with EV costs. If they were smart they would also dissent by no longer supporting any bread and circuses distractions.

(Authorities, please note. If you have found that Stellantis is involved in any dissent by their actions, the person who placed the previous post admits to being in charge.)

Users who are viewing this thread