Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Faces Production Woes as Mirafiori Assembly

In a setback for Stellantis, the Mirafiori Assembly Plant in Italy has hit the brakes on production again, dealing a blow to workers and the company’s ambitious targets. After a brief return to work following a production hiatus from December 18th to January 15th, employees were hit with the news of an additional three-week layoff. … (read full article...)

6276-MaseratiLevanteMirafioriPlant9-2016.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
The shifting market is simple, few people want electric cars and Stellantis refuses to dump their 2030 plan. Look at Chicago, freezing temperatures has turned it into, and I quote, “an electric vehicle graveyard” as Tesla and other electrics are abandoned everywhere and the batteries won’t accept a charge. They need certain temperatures to charge, no joke. Guess they forgot to tell potential suckers, opps, excuse me, buyers that might happen. As word is spreading on these paper weights on wheels that shrinking market will keep shifting and guess what, that 2030 plan will be as dead as those electric cars in Chicago. Time to pull the plug.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
The shifting market is simple, few people want electric cars and Stellantis refuses to dump their 2030 plan. Look at Chicago, freezing temperatures has turned it into, and I quote, “an electric vehicle graveyard” as Tesla and other electrics are abandoned everywhere and the batteries won’t accept a charge. They need certain temperatures to charge, no joke. Guess they forgot to tell potential suckers, opps, excuse me, buyers that might happen. As word is spreading on these paper weights on wheels that shrinking market will keep shifting and guess what, that 2030 plan will be as dead as those electric cars in Chicago. Time to pull the plug.

I saw that... its been bitter here in Detroit too. Windchill has been -9 for the past couple of days.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Somebody forgot to tell the lady in our neighborhood that EVs don't work in cold weather. She was driving around in her Nissan Leaf as usual. It was well below zero degrees Fahrenheit Monday and there she was at McDonalds. Electric city cars still make a lot of sense. There is a video on Youtube of someone taking a previous generation Fiat 500e a few years ago in even colder temperatures. The smaller EVs can be charged overnight at home, from a standard outlet. A larger battery pack which depends on high speed charging is more vulnerable to such weather related troubles because both the vehicle and charging station are affected by frigid temperatures.

patfromigh

Reaction score
I saw that... its been bitter here in Detroit too. Windchill has been -9 for the past couple of days.
In other news this week, Ram has officially announced the ProMaster EV. I received a couple of emails. I find the timing comical, but I'm bullish on both the Fiat 500e and the electric ProMaster.

Users who are viewing this thread