Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Drives Towards A Chrome-Free Future

Stellantis Drives Towards A Chrome-Free Future​

Automaker Eliminates Chrome for Health and Environmental Safety...​

Image 66.jpeg

Stellantis is setting a bold new precedent in the industry by committing to phase out chrome from all its new models. This initiative, dubbed the “Death of Chrome,” is driven by environmental and health concerns related to the use of hexavalent chromium in the plating process.

crouchta

Reaction score
I've been a Mopar guy my entire life, 72 Chrysler products to date. It seems lately Stellentis is trying to do everything it can to get rid of me. The all electric philosophy for Chrysler, the delays between products the ridiculous price increases..... Now no more chrome! I appreciate the health issues, and that is an incredible reason to look at other options, but I really despise the black wheel look. I'm ok with body color bumpers on my truck, but I'll not buy an new truck with black wheels.

I'll keep an open mind until I see what happens....... The direction lately is just, well, not encouraging.

bill burke

Reaction score
One more reason to look elsewhere for my next cars. Love the bright finished chrome and Ralph, your sadly echoing a policy decision that ignores safety precautions that protects workers. More PC psycho babble for the people. Nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread