Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis CEO’s Firm Stand: No More Buying Credits, Goodbye HEMI V8s

In a bold move reflecting a significant shift in strategy, Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavares has declared an end to the era of purchasing emissions credits, a decision with far-reaching implications for the company’s iconic HEMI V8 engines. For years, Stellantis, formerly Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), relied on buying emissions credits from Tesla to meet regulatory standards and avoid hefty fines. However, Tavares has drawn a line in the sand, stating that Stellantis will no longer “buy a single credit.” This signals a new direction for the company, one where it aims to self-regulate and accelerate its electric vehicle (EV) transition. … (read full article...)

tempImageivVbs0.png

Hemi_Dart

Reaction score
It exists and is underpowered compared to the Hurricane and expensive
Too many ignorant, simple minds like yours on this site. CDJR has put Zero, again 0 effort into a new Hemi (Semi Hemi) V8 design since 2009...that is the problem. Incompetence at the top, Period. If you follow racing, you'd see some amazing development in OHV engines that have compound valve angles and combustion chamber shapes that OHC engines cannot match.

Costs? Ford has been making a DOHC (4 cam phasers), Aluminum Block, Direct Injected, V8 for almost 15 years but its too expensive for CDJR to use an aluminum block, direct injection, and a single cam & phaser on a V8? Chevy has been making their 6.2 OHV, aluminum block, DI V8 since 2013 and made a 7.0 for a short spell. You have to be a Democrat. They just suck up what they're told with no thought for themselves.

I've owned several twin turbo 6s both Mercedes and Ford and they suck. Throttle response and power delivery are only good for towing (maybe drag racing) but the delay with these small engines relying on boost is short sited. I cannot stand turbos in a road car. Reliability isn't good and the driving experience is worse.

Hemi_Dart

Reaction score
What many in this thread isn't getting is that modern day CAFE is base on "Footprint" not a straightforward "fleet-wide" number. It is a complex (that getting more complex)formula with a bunch of " ins", and "out" together with "Zero Emission Vehicles" embedded into the calculation.
I haven't even mention CARB standards.
What people like you aren't getting is, we understand regulations and see a total lack of effort that CDJR has put into a pushrod V8. Nothing since 2009 while GM has released many iterations of theirs.

OHV engines can have compound valve angles and a wedge chamber that an OHC cannot match. Incompetence at the top and customers like you being apologists for them. It's a sad site.

Hemi_Dart

Reaction score
You joined a group to say your leaving a group... OOOOOOOKKKKKKK enjoy your Chevy.
Some if us are engineers and have been MOPAR fans for 40+ years but the people running CDJR are following the crowd without even trying to be innovative. Mercedes helped develop and release the Hemi, then 5 years later, an upgraded 5.7 with even better heads, cam phaser, and active intake. No updates since Mercedes sold them. Incompetence, lack of effort, and and people like you who think that this is ok. This ship of fools is sailing into 2010 again.

AlexB

Reaction score
What people like you aren't getting is, we understand regulations and see a total lack of effort that CDJR has put into a pushrod V8. Nothing since 2009 while GM has released many iterations of theirs.

OHV engines can have compound valve angles and a wedge chamber that an OHC cannot match. Incompetence at the top and customers like you being apologists for them. It's a sad site.
You leave out the part that GM makes significantly less money than Stellantis.
The 1-6 is a superior engine that you don't want to give an opportunity.

TripleT

Reaction score
Some if us are engineers and have been MOPAR fans for 40+ years but the people running CDJR are following the crowd without even trying to be innovative. Mercedes helped develop and release the Hemi, then 5 years later, an upgraded 5.7 with even better heads, cam phaser, and active intake. No updates since Mercedes sold them. Incompetence, lack of effort, and and people like you who think that this is ok. This ship of fools is sailing into 2010 again.
You mean the company that stole the company for less than 1% of shares, stole $18 billion in a failed attempt to buy Mitsubishi, then discontented the product line into sub-prime hell, left the company for dead selling it to private equity vultures who divided up the body parts before Fiat stepped in a resurrected the company.

YEAH THEY WERE AWESOME. They developed a superior powerplant that didn't need 2 extra cylinders. They already had experience in V configuration across the corporate structure, and knew the limits to its production capability.

An all you all point to Ford and GM as retaining this configuration most near as I can tell for "Exhaust Note" the latest Coyote sounds like garbage, and the flat plane sounds like a car driving over rumble strips..... Neither are a pleasing a the old Mopars. We might have to face the facts that the 392 may have been the peak of the pure toned V8s.

scatpack_69

Reaction score
I’m with you except Mercedes. Worst thing to ever happen to Chrysler. They absolutely gutted Chrysler, bled them dry (Chrysler had somewhere in the range of $22 BILLION in the bank when the “merger of equals” charade happened), and dumped the dead rotting carcass at the gutter to be picked apart. Except in swooped Cerberus (not car people) and….i mean they survived, regardless of the odds stacked against them.

I believe Chrysler was the only domestic in the black in the mid-90’s. Been awhile so could be wrong

scatpack_69

Reaction score
Stellantis don't need cheap & classes stakes like you clinging to the past to THRIVE.
Take your money-else... oh wait you got "no mone"....you got no money to take Anywhere:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: you need a subprime vehicle loan while I'm get my Stellantis dividend coming next month.
Again you’re a goddamn fool. Total trash

Users who are viewing this thread