Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis and Its Dealers Forced to Cope with Excess Inventory

Since the end of the pandemic, the auto industry has experienced record profits, driven by high sales and unprecedented monthly payment rates due to low inventories. However, the market dynamics are shifting rapidly, and Stellantis finds itself facing an overabundance of inventory, a stark contrast to its previous situation. Market Dynamics Shift – In the immediate aftermath of the pandemic, auto companies thrived on high transaction prices and minimal incentives. The market has since taken a turn, fueled by even higher interest rates, inflation, and climbing vehicle prices. Now, Stellantis is struggling with excess inventory that would have been easily … (read full article...)

Image 38.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

patfromigh

Reaction score
My son in law just bought a 2024 Jeep 4Xe Wrangler Rubicon. He wanted to get gas powered, but dealer stated it would take six months and hard balled him into the hybrid. Still sticking it to customers. New York is such a painful place to live.
The Wrangler 4Xe has an IC engine. If one takes the time to learn how the system operates, they will discover how adaptable the hybrid system is.

ipa0628

Reaction score
The is a big CJDR dealer on Tyson Corrner, VA that advertises discount pricing on the 5th Gen Ram forum. They current have 144 Chargers and Challengers in stock. The number hasn't changed much in the last 2 months.
These cars are advertised as 9 to 10K off sticker and they still can't move them. A local dealer near me has 32 Chargers and Challengers. They moved them to the front row near the highway in the hopes of getting some sales out of the high visibility.
These cars have been out of production for almost 6 months and dealers appear to be loaded with them. Those that wanted last call probably got them. Now they will need to fire sale them to get rid of inventory.

Mike201

Reaction score
We have a Dodge dealership in northern Connecticut. I purchased my Durango there back in December. Since then, I’ve been getting emails on a biweekly basis, advertising Chargers, Challengers and Durangos at a discounted price. Most Charger SXT’s and Challenger SXT’s are going for about $32 grand, brand new. Sounds like a reasonable price.

Last edited:

BWS1

Reaction score
No worries. We’re in the margin business. Volume is of no concern. Right?? lol. It’s laughable when everyone could see this train wreck coming except the ruling class across the big pond. North American “brands” are toast. Buy them while you can if you find them compelling. Chrysler is gone and Dodge will not be far behind it. Jeep will survive representing……….. whatever in the heck they have watered it down to. Ram, we will see. But despite all the hell raising my statement will cause , if the ruling class in France thinks they are going to be competitive without a v8 option in a full size half ton, they are kidding themselves .

BrewcityB80

Reaction score
They need to make the Ram 1500 start at 20K and go from there there is limited reasons to have a truck that cost more then luxury brands!
Some of us don't want a Mercedes pickup truck. And use our trucks as trucks not pavement princesses...

TripleT

Reaction score
My son in law just bought a 2024 Jeep 4Xe Wrangler Rubicon. He wanted to get gas powered, but dealer stated it would take six months and hard balled him into the hybrid. Still sticking it to customers. New York is such a painful place to live.
I wouldn't have any other powerplant in that Vehicle. Pulls like he Hemi and mostly doesn't need gas in daily use.

ipa0628

Reaction score
The dealer In VA that I referenced that has 144 Chargers in stock was part of the discussion of 1st quarter sales on April 4th. Then they had 162 Chargers.
So in 7 weeks they sold 18 Chargers. Then they were discounted 6000, now they are at 10K. They aren't exactly flying off the lots, basically about 9 per month.
At that rate, this dealer along would have about 30 of these cars left next May.
A poster on here was arguing the dealers should be selling them at sticker so they have product to sell for the spring selling season. That sure looks like a bust.
These cars are gathering dirt on dealer lots. Time for Stellantis to throw some bucks at them, to get rid of all this inventory.

Users who are viewing this thread