Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis’ New North America COO Talks EV Transition In The U.S.

In a recent interview with the Detroit Free Press, Carlos Zarlenga, Stellantis North America's newly appointed Chief Operating Officer (COO), shared insights into his approach to leadership and the challenges ahead as the company embarks on a transformative journey in the electric vehicle (EV) market.… (read full article...)

tempImage30mMOY.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TripleT

Reaction score
50% of the Sales EV by 2030... interesting number since 51% of the Population lives in CARB states.

Sure the is just be accident.

scatpack_69

Reaction score
It’s all talk as the bottom is falling out from the ev market, that has never really existed at all.

They will position themselves to continue with gas. They have to or will die

TripleT

Reaction score
It’s all talk as the bottom is falling out from the ev market, that has never really existed at all.

They will position themselves to continue with gas. They have to or will die
Except half the population are given a choice.

crouchta

Reaction score
As with most of you, I'm great with Mopar brands offering EVs, but I want a choice to buy gas, too. Here in the middle of the country, where we may drive 400 miles for a day trip in the country with zero charging access, EVs just make no sense.

Why is all this effort not going to hydrogen? From what I've read, the compromises are much smaller there than with electric. But, I don't know enough to do more than ask the question....

PT coronet

Reaction score
Pacifica is EV and hybrid. Why hasn't it's components be used in spin off vehicles? EV or hybrid Promaster & Promaster city. Promaster city is the same as Doblo, so why doesn't USA get Doblo workup as promaster city flatbed with optional lift bed hybrid or EV? Promaster city is similar size in cab as the VW caddy pickup & dodge rampage. Why can't Promaster city offer a, pickup bed (shares van floor) with similar overhang as 1990-1996 Dakota. For 6.5' (club cab) and 8 foot bed (standard cab). Plus why not pickup version of the pacifica? Some customers just do not need a Ram 1500 and it's just too high. Some companies use S-10's (keep rebuilding them because there is not replacement) within buildings to deliver parts. Sure would be nice to have a hybrid that has EV mode for within building use. Fleet sales should be choice #1 for plug in vehicles. I miss the old days when a platform had many bodies. I agree with the new Charger being like the concept Daytona. I think the 4dr needs to bring back the Coronet name. Using the 1968 nose (triangle like headlight area, not that much different than those 2003-2010 Chargers) and '68 tail lights on that flat tail - with slight duck tail swoop. I think the 2025 Dodge charger sort of reminds me of cars similar to GT 40 with it's front wing. It's missing it's duck tail body swoop that the Coronet's and chargers had 1968-70. Or if you didn't want one at the tail, how about roof line that Smokey Yunick slightly added to his NASCAR. Additional down force for any vehicle over 400hp. The 4drs I assume would be 270-400hp for general public. Bring back the 4dr Coronet and wagon. Maybe back seat to rear hatch, a raised roof and easy to see out of side glass like every wagon had except the magnum.

PT coronet

Reaction score
Pacifica EV & hybrid spin off's should have came years ago. Why couldn't Chrysler have a sedan - 2006 Concorde EV & hybrid be brought back or with slight changes but same slippery aero. Always loved the imperials of 1965-1968 and next gen 1969-1973. Nice square-ish bodies look for EV's luxury cars with extra leg room back seats and computer plug ins for being a mobile office. (I'd keep the cab forward front glass for aerodynamics and water leaves windshield nicer than the more up right windshields) One thing I liked about my 1990 Lebaron is those side white lights that come on with turn signals. Always felt back up lights need under bumper lights that point out 30 degrees so backing up is easier. I've always added those LED bar lights or fog lights (before the LED time) to my vehicles. I find it sad the Chrysler 300 didn't spin off multiple models with different models. Many a person demonstrated magnum nose replaces the 300 nose. I always felt the 2022 Chrysler 300 had that ridge that went to the tail light. What if a savoy / Fury tail fin would extend that ridge, back 2" on top edge then slope back in on bottom. Always loved that light lens that filled in the fin of a Fury 1955-57. I always felt the Savoy Fury names could have came back with slight modification of the nose (2003 neon similar headlight or mini cooper or E class 2003-2006) and tail of the Chrysler 300 & keeping mid section interchangeable. I never could understand why the Dodge Magnum couldn't be sold next to the Chrysler 300 touring / wagon. I see the 300 was RH drive ability while charger & challenger wasn't. So why didn't the 300 & magnum sedan & wagon be made available to RH drive counties? Sort of wished the magnum wagon had an optional high (or raised) roof version so back windows would be as seeable to see out of as the 1976 Aspen wagon. 1976 Aspen wagon has similar back hatch of all minivans.

PT coronet

Reaction score
Growing up, I loved the fat fender look of 1937-40 Ford's, 1939 & 40 Dodge & Plymouth & Desoto. Some models 1941 Dodge Plymouth. So I loved the PT Cruiser concept and production. I sure wished the PT could have saved Plymouth. Prowler halo car. PT cruiser base as produced as small van. PT cruiser concept body could have had been the economy version 2 seat hatchback with 1.6L 5sp and 2.0L 4sp auto. Love the PT convertible. I wished the Dodge Grand caravan could have had the PT cruiser nose and some other imagine tail lights (maybe designed by ptezer) to be a Plymouth full size van. Plus off the Grand Caravan, a pickup for both Dodge and PT Plymouth. I see NASA had EV PT cruisers, why not other fleet use runabouts? Government or utility (looking at meters). I've also always thought, if Saturn Vue used the 2 mode hybrid, why didn't the Grand caravan and other FWD vehicles? Chrysler, GM, BMW invested into the tech. GM offered 1500 pickups, why not Ram 1500 with 2 mode hybrid? The 2 mode hybrid in 2009 Durango. Best looking Durango 1997-2003. I wished the 2 mode hybrid would have made it to the 2010+ Durango. I still wonder, what if the 5.7L MDS were to have a 4.0L MDS to mate up with the 2 mode hybrid. Or now the I-6 3.0L turbo. With new batteries that may use less or no rare earth. Why not bring back the 2 mode transmission? Personally, I bought my 2003 new and it's hopefully going to be my last car / van. Back when dealerships had $4000-5000 markups. I loved the way after market loved the vehicle. PT cruiser pickup off the grand caravan sure would have been a nice pickup to modify to auto shows. But it's so hard convincing management to make something like this. GM made the halo SSR truck. The HHR should have been a truck also besides being the wagon the PT cruiser didn't expand to. HHR nose on the S-10 would have made for a hit on the car shows and after market.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Pacifica is EV and hybrid. Why hasn't it's components be used in spin off vehicles? EV or hybrid Promaster & Promaster city. Promaster city is the same as Doblo, so why doesn't USA get Doblo workup as promaster city flatbed with optional lift bed hybrid or EV? Promaster city is similar size in cab as the VW caddy pickup & dodge rampage. Why can't Promaster city offer a, pickup bed (shares van floor) with similar overhang as 1990-1996 Dakota.
Pacifica offers either the Pentastar petrol fueled V6 or the Atkinson cycle version of the Pentastar V6 with the eFlite transmission as a PHEV. Why FCA (now Stellantis) hasn't offered the transmission in other vehicles leaves many of us scratching our heads. It took many model years for the full sized ProMaster van too get the 9-speed automatic. With the EV and hydrogen fuel cell power trains having a greater development priority, we might never see a PHEV ProMaster. The ProMaster City is gone. All the small vans have fled the market in North America. No manufacturer markets one here any more. The Doblo, which the Workup flatbed truck was based upon, is no longer made. The Doblo name lives on in a new generation of van which no longer offers the cab with platform option. That option now is offered on the Scudo which is roughly the same size as the Pacifica minivan in length. I'm of the opinion they should offer all three vans here. Because the Doblo/ ProMaster City are front drive based they cannot have a similar overhang as the rear drive based Dakota trucks.
I see NASA had EV PT cruisers, why not other fleet use runabouts? Government or utility (looking at meters). I've also always thought, if Saturn Vue used the 2 mode hybrid, why didn't the Grand caravan and other FWD vehicles? Chrysler, GM, BMW invested into the tech. GM offered 1500 pickups, why not Ram 1500 with 2 mode hybrid? The 2 mode hybrid in 2009 Durango. Best looking Durango 1997-2003. I wished the 2 mode hybrid would have made it to the 2010+ Durango.
The latest Fiat Doblo comes in two lengths and offers diesel, gasoline or battery electric for fuel choices. The shorter Fiat Doblo model is close to the same size as a PT Cruiser and is a promising EV. The Pacifica plugin hybrid is superior to the GM technology found in the Vue. The Dodge Durango, Chrysler Aspen and Ram 1500 hybrids from 2009, used a GM built hybrid transmission. GM was price gouging Chrysler and later FCA for the cost of each one. When Fiat stepped in, they went shopping elsewhere and bought the superior ZF 8-speed automatic transmission instead.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Except half the population are given a choice.

If we had access to Level 3 fast charging like we do gas stations, I MIGHT consider one. However, I love an ICE powered vehicle. Thats why I am excited to get my hands on the 2025 Dodge Charger SIX PACK sedan.

Users who are viewing this thread