Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SPOTTED: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona Scat Pack First Edition

SPOTTED: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona Scat Pack First Edition​

Our First Glimpse Of A Production-Ready Model On Public Roads...​

1721026648403.png

The controversial 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona Scat Pack has been spotted again, testing on public roads. Thanks to Instagram user @dtownmuscle, we are now looking at a production-ready version of the new e-muscle car, a model that signifies a significant shift for the Dodge brand.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
The design of the car is absolutely beautiful. I prefer it over the current Challenger for sure but in personal preference, I will always gripe about the doors not being scalloped like the '68-'70 cars as that is a defining trait of the car. I will be more excited when the six pack cars start being shown. What boggles my mind is that this car is larger than the current Chargers even in two door form. I currently own a '13 Charger and to me its a fairly large car. I'm definitely looking forward to what upgrades (both Direct Connection and Aftermarket) will be available for the six pack cars when they arrive.

Moparound

Reaction score
sigh, yawn.
Don't get me wrong, beautiful car. Not interested in the power train/source. Dead-horse: Technology and supporting structure just not there and appears to be years away if at all.
I.C.E. or H.E.V. then we can talk.

bill burke

Reaction score
I agree, a beautiful, LARGE two door, but we absolutely need a smaller, lighter, more aggressively styled Dodge muscle coupe, that’s obvious too.
No need to press the significant rejection of the wisdom of the all electric Daytona in the current market but we instead should remain positive and celebrate the Six Pack wisdom for Dodge. Must support the Dodge brand, right?
Many reports of a Cuda model meeting the initial promises of a smaller lighter Challenger replacement, notably with V-8 and hybrid power. Let’s hope it comes soon. Finally, agree on those door scallops, as an option at least.

TripleT

Reaction score
I think it is inevitable but when? I'd take one with a smaller battery just big enough for Hybrid operation maybe 15 seconds or so.

tomaz

Reaction score
The design of the car is absolutely beautiful. I prefer it over the current Challenger for sure but in personal preference, I will always gripe about the doors not being scalloped like the '68-'70 cars as that is a defining trait of the car. I will be more excited when the six pack cars start being shown. What boggles my mind is that this car is larger than the current Chargers even in two door form. I currently own a '13 Charger and to me its a fairly large car. I'm definitely looking forward to what upgrades (both Direct Connection and Aftermarket) will be available for the six pack cars when they arrive.

Leaving room for aftermarket and future refreshes

vbondjr1

Reaction score
I agree, a beautiful, LARGE two door, but we absolutely need a smaller, lighter, more aggressively styled Dodge muscle coupe, that’s obvious too.
No need to press the significant rejection of the wisdom of the all electric Daytona in the current market but we instead should remain positive and celebrate the Six Pack wisdom for Dodge. Must support the Dodge brand, right?
Many reports of a Cuda model meeting the initial promises of a smaller lighter Challenger replacement, notably with V-8 and hybrid power. Let’s hope it comes soon. Finally, agree on those door scallops, as an option at least.
a couple of years ago they had this concept render for a fastback Cuda but they only showed it from the back. It had the fastback design of the earlier Barracudas and a beautiful taillamp design.
I think it is inevitable but when? I'd take one with a smaller battery just big enough for Hybrid operation maybe 15 seconds or so.
Use the Gen-4 ZF plug in hybrid transmission. Massive performance potential with the ability for an all electric drive mode. less weight than the Full EV car with just as much power without the EV Stage-2 kit if used with the Hurricane High Output. Just imagine the potential of a Hurricane Cat-X hybrid.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
This car has alot of potential to be great, as does the STLA: Large platform. While Stellantis leadership could definitely cause the downfall of the Mopar brand, I say this with alot of trepidation, there is still hope for the MOPAR brand with the STLA Large platform and the Hurricane powertrains. A new generation of pony cars, muscle cars and high performance on and off-road Crossovers and SUVs along with a segment beating set of mid-size trucks, both on and off road performers, could really turn things around for Dodge. The thing is though, Stellantis really needs to do this next generation of vehicles right. It's one thing to evolve into something but what Stellantis needs to truly understand is what the American market it really into and not necessarily the entire American market, but the Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge & Ram market. We like Mopar because it's not Toyota, it's not Honda, it's not Tesla, it's none of those. We like Mopar out of passion for the brand and what the brand means. We love the Mopar brands because of heritage and history. We love the brands because they're fun, they're rebellious, they're Dodge! To some of us, that means something. It's why the Charger means something, it's why the Jeep Wrangler means something, it's why the Chrysler 300 means something, it's why the Ram Power Wagon and Warlock mean something. It's why SRT, and Direct Connection mean something. To be honest, America is still in love with the 60's and '70's automotive era and it's obvious that the love affair will never die. People still want that connection between driver and car and it goes well beyond the Muscle car. Jeep could easily do with the Cherokee what Ford has done with the Bronco and bring back an STLA LArge platform SJ-Type Cherokee/Grand Cherokee geared to more of that off-roading all-terrain type Jeep since the Wagoneer, Grand Wagoneer and Wagoneer S have pretty much taken over the luxury aspect. a 2.0L 4Xe and a Standard Output Hurricane powertrain would be plenty for this vehicle and make it a vehicle with a 2 and 4 door option just like the Bronco but roughly Durango sized for both options. Along with that a Dakota with some nods to the D100 trucks of the '70's along with two performance packages (Midnight Express & Red Express) along with a Warlock package that would be the same as a RHO in the Ram 1500 pickup truck lineup and would be competitive with the Ranger Raptor but with 510hp, where as the Midnight Express would have 425hp and the red express would have 550hp. Let the Charger handle the Muscle car realm and then bring out a Dart Demon as a fastback/hatchback pony car to take on the Mustang, just making it slightly bigger, with a four door option and a hatchback on every model with AWD.

bill burke

Reaction score
While I have my own ideas on this topic, your thoughts are sincere and well thought out but most importantly on my response with support, we agree on the central theme, Stellantis leadership is heading in the wrong direction. Fundamentally they need to accept the uniqueness of the American market and fully understand the potential in their basic designs and engineering that could produce great product with an immediate and profound change in direction.
It is sadly characteristic of corporate/government leadership to be defensive and stubborn in admitting their mistakes and mismanagement and frankly their humanity, they are clearly no smarter than the regular folk they believe are incapable of providing gifted leadership. Carlos and crew either admit their ordinary being or be shown the door when that reality results in a catastrophe that was avoidable with some humility. Yea we agree, these ordinary guys are very ordinary and dead wrong on the path forward for Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler and Ram.
Paid too much for such flawed intellect and weak character. Good post.

James.A

Reaction score
Is that silver line under the side skirt the battery sticking out?

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
Super small potatoes, but was doing some digging for any missed sightings and this popped up.
The page for the next gen Charger was updated with an actually new render of the 4 door Scat Pack EV, this time with the After Dark color we don't see too much of.
I also either entirely missed the modes section of the page or that's new too (and...Plum Crazy? That you?)

Looks like some final stuff trickling out on a page that should've been stagnant for only a couple of months instead of about half a year. The configurator cannot come soon enough.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240721_133949_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240721_133949_Chrome.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240721_134216_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240721_134216_Chrome.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 8

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
Putting it here since I don't feel like making another thread and here might be the most relevant one for this.

Dodge starting to ramp up marketing for the next Charger beyond their social media pages and Roadkill. These magazine covers I imagine should've showed up during a time where the car was actually getting dealer ready units made of it, only that obviously didn't happen.
So, Imported From Detroit kinda gets a part II... Will say I strangely felt like Eminem would collaborate with FCA again. Nuts that it came true.

That being said, can we please just get delivery dates or another embargo lift, Dodge? Let's see the reviewers actually rip it on pavement and not just stand beside it under some pretty lights.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240730_183800_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240730_183800_Instagram.jpg
    813 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240730_183809_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240730_183809_Instagram.jpg
    754.6 KB · Views: 1

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
Some good angles of the car from a related video.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240730_194606_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240730_194606_YouTube.jpg
    674.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240730_194757_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240730_194757_YouTube.jpg
    699.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240730_194634_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240730_194634_YouTube.jpg
    594.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240730_194734_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240730_194734_YouTube.jpg