Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should MOPAR keep going?

Arrow206

Reaction score
My thought us that Dodge should keep selling the Charger and Challenger as well as the EV Charger for a time yet.
Eventually they can discontinue the Fossil Fuel in favour of, but look at redesigning the GTX, Roadrunner, Cuda and like they used to with smaller more affordable cars...

Gti-guy

Reaction score
I hear Carlos taveres hasn’t even came to the table with uaw negotiations. At this point you’re jeopardizing “stellantis” more profitable side of the business. If I was a Chrysler shareholder I’d start making some calls.

I think The Chrysler Corporation needs to spin off with a 50/50 ownership or move their headquarters BACK to the Chrysler building. They should focus quickly & on the NA market FIRST for new product & launches in the US.! From idea 💡 to epa and test mules.

We saw what happened with the wait an see approach during the DaimlerChrysler era. the competition ate up Chryslers market share and they’ve barely recovered and still not at where they once were.
I believe he is taking that risk and approach by not taking these negotiations seriously and finalizing them.

TripleT

Reaction score
My thought us that Dodge should keep selling the Charger and Challenger as well as the EV Charger for a time yet.
Eventually they can discontinue the Fossil Fuel in favour of, but look at redesigning the GTX, Roadrunner, Cuda and like they used to with smaller more affordable cars...
1696251087925.png

TripleT

Reaction score
I hear Carlos taveres hasn’t even came to the table with uaw negotiations. At this point you’re jeopardizing “stellantis” more profitable side of the business. If I was a Chrysler shareholder I’d start making some calls.

I think The Chrysler Corporation needs to spin off with a 50/50 ownership or move their headquarters BACK to the Chrysler building. They should focus quickly & on the NA market FIRST for new product & launches in the US.! From idea 💡 to epa and test mules.

We saw what happened with the wait an see approach during the DaimlerChrysler era. the competition ate up Chryslers market share and they’ve barely recovered and still not at where they once were.
I believe he is taking that risk and approach by not taking these negotiations seriously and finalizing them.
The last time we had exactly this, Domestic Ownership. In of all place that beacon of freedom NEW YORK CITY. They ran the company into the ground, pinched every single penny from the product. And then were about to sell parts off to 3 different companies including one in China while letting Dodge and Chrysler brand assets be auctioned off.

YEAH NOT FAN.

Market diversity is pretty important as it allows companies to spread Product research across multiple cost centers and weather instable local conditions during rough times.

Plus once who ever this capital rich company that can buy off the Trillion spent by the current stakeholder rescuing it from last Domestic ownership debacle, and it will be a cold day in hell before anyone Sells Jeep. There will be zero left for product or even hardly keeping the lights on while Dodge and Chyrsler survive on NO revenue from Jeep.

AlexB

Reaction score

Talk about uneducated,geez.
Let's go with the last part, the former Chrysler business has never been as profitable as the last 4 years minus 2020 Covid-19 Lockdown.
Second there's no "Chrysler Shareholding"...,Chrysler's old owners Cerberus was canceled in Bankruptcy.
When FIAT purchased the rest of Chrysler in 2014 it did the transaction in a "Tax inversion-like deal" with FIAT ceasing as an Italian company becoming a Netherlands company renamed FCA alongside FCA Stock (formerly FIAT) being traded on NYSE.
Then in 2021, PSA ceased and folded into FCA, with former PSA shareholders being issued & converted into 50% of FCA's shares.
FCA was renamed Stellantis ... hence N.V (Netherlands).
So there's no "Chrysler stock" , no "Peugeot stock"... but FIAT stock that been renamed Stellantis ($STLA).

Users who are viewing this thread