Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Pulls The Covers Off Of The Updated 2025 Ram 1500

Ram has pulled the covers off of its updated 2025 Ram 1500 (DT) pickup lineup. While the truck isn’t revolutionary, its powertrain options are. Ram has taken a unique approach to help move the brand’s half-ton pickup lineup forward into the age of electrification without leaving its core internal combustion engine (ICE) enthusiasts behind. Powertrain – First, the legendary 5.7-liter (345 cubic-inch) HEMI® V8 is gone for 2025. After 22 years under the hood of the Ram 1500, Ram has moved forward with introducing the state-of-the-art twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter Hurricane I6 engine. The new engine will give owners two new options … (read full article...)

RM025_033FNn8q977disk4dilg71ds28e56qj.jpeg

TripleT

Reaction score
What is odd with likely well over a million trucks with the crosshair ..... I don't see the aftermarket jumping in with a crosshair solution that seems like a big seller..... Maybe ones own preference is not in as big a demand as one might think.

ipa0628

Reaction score
I believe the hood badges were done as a response to customers who asked for cleaner door panels to put their own company logos/info there.
They would be a minority of the Ram 1500 customers. I'm sure the rest of us would love to see the badges gone from the hood. Other than major body and paint work, buying the blackout badges and painting them to the color of your truck, is the only option.

TripleT

Reaction score
They would be a minority of the Ram 1500 customers. I'm sure the rest of us would love to see the badges gone from the hood. Other than major body and paint work, buying the blackout badges and painting them to the color of your truck, is the only option.
Do you have data on that? One tends to assign ones own preferences to everyone.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Let’s put it this way.
There are a lot of aftermarket options for non-crosshair grill for the DS Ram 1500, but there no option for a crosshair grill for the DT Ram 1500.

ipa0628

Reaction score
Let’s put it this way.
There are a lot of aftermarket options for non-crosshair grill for the DS Ram 1500, but there no option for a crosshair grill for the DT Ram 1500.
The DT grill has multiple parts to it. You have the brow, then under the brow, another grill surround. I think you have to drop the fender liners to get access for removal of the grill. The DS grill access and removal was very simple. I think it took about 20 minutes to do.
The restyle of the DT grill looks like it is 1 piece again, and should lend itself to crosshair customization.
Ram had 25 years of brand identity that they threw away moving away from the crosshair. Makes no sense. What if Chevy removed the bow tie or Ford the blue oval. In my eyes, the crosshair falls under the same logic.

TripleT

Reaction score
Let’s put it this way.
YEAH...
The DT grill has multiple parts to it. You have the brow, then under the brow, another grill surround. I think you have to drop the fender liners to get access for removal of the grill. The DS grill access and removal was very simple. I think it took about 20 minutes to do.
The restyle of the DT grill looks like it is 1 piece again, and should lend itself to crosshair customization.
Ram had 25 years of brand identity that they threw away moving away from the crosshair. Makes no sense. What if Chevy removed the bow tie or Ford the blue oval. In my eyes, the crosshair falls under the same logic.
no way on gods green earth was the Crosshairs anywhere close to the Bow tie or Blue Oval. There are plenty of replacement grills for the DT and I can’t find a single Crosshairs which was a Dodge element.

ipa0628

Reaction score
Dodge has abandoned the cross hair. Time for Ram to get it back. With the CH, you could tell it was a Ram from a great distance. 3 letters plastered billboard size on the front weren't needed. The Ram Tungsten could have GMC replace RAM on it and a lot of people wouldn't know the difference.

TripleT

Reaction score
Lot of people could tell when it had a crosshair....

tell you what find 1000 people put up a $100 I will help make it happen

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Dodge has abandoned the cross hair. Time for Ram to get it back. With the CH, you could tell it was a Ram from a great distance. 3 letters plastered billboard size on the front weren't needed. The Ram Tungsten could have GMC replace RAM on it and a lot of people wouldn't know the difference.

Yeah, it's annoying that Dodge abandoned the crosshair because it was a truck grille? But Ram abandoned it too in favor of the moustache grille or a generic grille that could work on a Ford or GMC just as well.

Users who are viewing this thread