Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ralph Gilles Confirms The Chrysler Airflow Will NOT Make It Into Production!

Ralph Gilles Confirms The Chrysler Airflow Will NOT Make It Into Production!​

A New Two-Row Crossover Will Take Its Place...​

1684442991704.png

In a recent interview with MotorTrend, Stellantis Head of Design Ralph Gilles revealed that the Chrysler Airflow Concept, much like its predecessor, the Chrysler Portal Concept, will not make it to production. However, this setback doesn’t mean the end of Chrysler’s ambitious plans for an all-electric vehicle (EV). Gilles emphasized that the Chrysler brand has always been agile and adaptable, and the team is now working on a new large two-row crossover with a modern design that surpasses the Airflow Concept.

JohnRogers

Reaction score
Just what the Chrysler brand needs, more delay on fresh new product.

bill burke

Reaction score
The Airflow fell flat with me the moment I saw it. Cookie cutter design with no distinctive Chrysler design elements, certainly not that front face, meant to carry the brand. Not!
The Airflow did serve a good purpose, it made clear what Chrysler should not build.
Here is my suggested short list. A next generation 300 sedan, a midsize and large SUV, a more distinctive and dramatic whatever the Airflow was to be that screams “ Chrysler” and not ho hum looks like a Honda design. Just starters.

cgseller

Reaction score
This seems like it was in the plans for a long time, and not a shift for the brand, just a shift in outward marketing. The statement that the real CUV was shown to a limited group already suggests this was not something recently decided. The question; is what was shown intended to be in conjunction w/ Airflow or as the real CUV that was intended to be released in 2024 all along.

Here, look over here, while we work on the real deal....

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
IMO that thing was originally a Dodge design with a Chrysler front face slapped on it last minute purely to show that Chrysler was doing something (they weren't). Its also apparently pacifica based and not STLA LG as they said. It was never going into production. People have been raising concern of just exactly what this Chrysler brand CEO has been doing for the last 2 years????

James.A

Reaction score
Not surprised but if we get a 300 successor and a two row SUV makes more sense to me.

cgseller

Reaction score
Different question - do you want the interior to be similar to the Airflow concept, or something more along the lines of their other concept demos ?

I enjoy the 200/pacifica interior and ergonomics having everything at your easy reach and a pass through compartment. I realize the Dial is polarizing, but I got so used to it I don't even notice.

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
Different question - do you want the interior to be similar to the Airflow concept, or something more along the lines of their other concept demos ?

I enjoy the 200/pacifica interior and ergonomics having everything at your easy reach and a pass through compartment. I realize the Dial is polarizing, but I got so used to it I don't even notice.
Give it an actual nice interior, not a basic dash with an ipad stuck to it. It took decades for us to get nicer interiors and I dont want to see that reversed which most EV's are doing.

jimboy

Reaction score
Look at the interiors from the 200C concept car and the Nassau concept, both had really nice interiors that would fit with Christine's Brand definition

Users who are viewing this thread