Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Q3 Global Sales Call :Palmer states historically Durango has been a victim of Grand Cherokee success

AlexB

Reaction score
Nothing about Alfa but AFAIK Dodge W? should come.
Dodge midsize… wouldn’t they make it in Mexico if Cherokee KM is made at Toluca AND is on STLA Large?

AlexB

Reaction score
Well lets give it a try, because the truth is NO ONE KNOWS not you, not me, Management may have a good idea.... Because the Grand Cherokee has always been supply limited. Now the Durango replacement in the marketplace the L has its own capacity. They don't need a model that sells at a lesser transaction price. If they need to, they can adjust margin to market, instead of spending money on something they know makes less.

I am a big fan of the outgoing Durango, but the reality is people will pay more a Jeep, taking it to a more higher margin segment seems wise.

If one is moaning the lose of value buyers, honestly that is something the company is trying to shed, Leaving it too the Koreans and the used market.
Exactly, it’s a continuation of Sergio’s 2015 direction in North America.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Dodge midsize… wouldn’t they make it in Mexico if Cherokee KM is made at Toluca AND is on STLA Large?

Midsize? Who mentioned it? I didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread